The Official Street Fighter 6 thread! We Open world fighting now?!

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's a fighter, who cares how good the story is when the gameplay is ass?:yeshrug:

Gameplay is ass? :dahell:

Look man, I love fighting video games, I don't talk shyt on SF but I just like MK and Tekken better even I still love SF so :whoa: don't get all angry on me

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
Im on vacay but as someone who thugged manon to master...

...yeah she aint no bueno. That twirl is buns. Her biggest pros is that she has the buttons to stop mfs jumpin on her.
Other pros...
Perfect parry means a medal
She has good enough buttons to swing against a lot of mfs. St.mp is a great drive rush stopper if you can sniff those out

Cons...
Her gameplan is centered around medals which is too flukey even if they dont go down
No real burst damage even if she catches you with something incredibly predictable
That drive rush is laughable
Damn near 0 oki even if you score a knockdown
No reversal
No low into drive rush
B.mk target combo drive rush gets blown up by literally any OD reversal
Literally dies to characters with slow projectiles
May the lord help you if damn near any of her specials are blocked. It feels like there's supers out there safer than her shyt she cant even convert off of

She's still slightly better than Gief. Prolly neck and neck with lily even tho lily has some fukk nootch options in the ex windclad spire.

Also still the perfect match for the type of game i wanna play, but when i started getting Chun-Li to master and realized i had time to set up shyt and had options for damn near any situation...felt like i was out the slums breathin clean air and shyt for the first time. Manon be strugglin just to struggle in this game

Season 2 gonna be lit when capcom gets rid of their grapplerphobia....i hope

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
Like I said in the tourney thread, no furniture. You can be first when I'm ready:birdman:
It wasn’t like that :whoa: I was just trying to feel good about myself after getting cooked by @Aveda. One match I could’ve probably got if I was locked in more but fukk it this shyt for fun. My Wi-fi just went out in my area so idk when is gonna bounce back( might take a few days) . But if u or anybody takes this game that serious and still take a L to me y’all might need to reconsider another genre and I lost my parry button bro I finally got heated enough to Honda slap a hole in the wall yesterday but i bodied some scrubs before my shyt went out so I got my fix

pointproven214

i speak facts not emotions
Daps
Reppin
dallas texas
The entire basis of footsies is controlling space with normals breh. You learn your buttons relationship to the space they take up on screen and you use it to whatever advantage you can

If you have a great standing mk you use it to dominate the midrange. This makes approaching you a challenge because if you've timed your whiffs well enough you've built a moving wall. Why do you think reach is a pronounced metric in boxing? More reach increases the amount of space you can control in your interactions in the ring. Fighting games are the same way

If you're only "using her normals to get hit confirms" you're making yourself very predictable. Whiffing normals is not only for controlling space but conditioning patterns and masking intentions. If you're just walking back and forth fishing for a hit confirm you're telegraphing with a loudspeaker:russ:

"like don't use them to control space to prevent them from dashing try to react to them"

:dahell: This is like trading $50 for $10. If you can control space with your normals you control the pace of the match. Why give that up to "try to react" to shyt and put yourself at the mercy of your opponent. The idea is that you create the conditions you "react" to. The more decision making you can eliminate the better

i thought making reads was