The Official Street Fighter 6 thread! We Open world fighting now?!

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Jamie isn't that good but any character that can drive rush and go corner to corner with a button pisses me off to no end as I play JP. shyt is infuriating. One bar fukk your zoning. trash
I agree, at this point I just anticipate with the midscreen spike because it's impossible to react to

Making JP a zoner that can't actually zone a good amount of the cast reliably was an annoying decision especially since I feel like there's inevitably gonna be a DLC character who can, especially if a character like menat makes it back in

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I agree, at this point I just anticipate with the midscreen spike because it's impossible to react to

Making JP a zoner that can't actually zone a good amount of the cast reliably was an annoying decision especially since I feel like there's inevitably gonna be a DLC character who can, especially if a character like menat makes it back in
But he can outzone Guile tho.:why:

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I haven't played for about 2 weeks. I lost desire to play any tips?

I feel like I was getting better but the game got boring ranking up in ranked. I was climbing up but it stopped being fun. Most of my games were wait anti air, throw throw throw throw, fireball & poke, bait wake up and punish.

To be honest I have played a video game at all. I guess it's that time for me:mjcry:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I haven't played for about 2 weeks. I lost desire to play any tips?

I feel like I was getting better but the game got boring ranking up in ranked. I was climbing up but it stopped being fun. Most of my games were wait anti air, throw throw throw throw, fireball & poke, bait wake up and punish.

To be honest I have played a video game at all. I guess it's that time for me:mjcry:
I look at these games the same way I look at sports. I go on real crazy binges sometimes and want to go hoop every other day but there's down periods too, it's jump in jump out. If anything, it's a good skill/hobby to have in your bag when there's nothing really going on in terms of major releases or entertainment. While other people are sitting around waiting for the next big game/movie, you can always fall back on street fighter to entertain you, maybe even enter local tournaments once you feel good enough.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
we gonna agree to disagree. I think blaming your character/mu is a completely rational response sometimes. now the irrational part comes when you realize that is the issue and don't pick someone else.

It's never rational because nobody is making you play the character. Just be like Phenom and use S tier no matter what. Play someone without an insurmountable match up.

When you sign up for a bad match up, you gotta hold that L that is prolly gonna come with it unless you're being held at gunpoint and told you can't pick Ken.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I look at these games the same way I look at sports. I go on real crazy binges sometimes and want to go hoop every other day but there's down periods too, it's jump in jump out. If anything, it's a good skill/hobby to have in your bag when there's nothing really going on in terms of major releases or entertainment. While other people are sitting around waiting for the next big game/movie, you can always fall back on street fighter to entertain you, maybe even enter local tournaments once you feel good enough.

I looked up locals. I saw a site that had a bunch if fgc discards. In my area they only play Smash :mjlol: I think I'd have to drive to Philly or Baltimore for a local scene.

I think I'll play Saturday. I think the thing is I felt like I was playing against a computer and not a person. Like there was a Cammy that would do her target combo with the EX Dive kick and I'd jab her out of it four times. Maybe I should just keep playing and the matches will get better.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I looked up locals. I saw a site that had a bunch if fgc discards. In my area they only play Smash :mjlol: I think I'd have to drive to Philly or Baltimore for a local scene.

I think I'll play Saturday. I think the thing is I felt like I was playing against a computer and not a person. Like there was a Cammy that would do her target combo with the EX Dive kick and I'd jab her out of it four times. Maybe I should just keep playing and the matches will get better.
I remember in SF5 we didn't have real locals when it was starting up, but now we do. I went once and made it to top 8, lost in a JP mirror

It was the definition of a sweaty local. nikka was hot as a bytch in there :pachaha:

When it's not a record breaking temperature in the middle of the summer in florida day I'll go back but not now

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I remember in SF5 we didn't have real locals when it was starting up, but now we do. I went once and made it to top 8, lost in a JP mirror

It was the definition of a sweaty local. nikka was hot as a bytch in there :pachaha:

When it's not a record breaking temperature in the middle of the summer in florida day I'll go back but not now
No air conditioner? The fukk...

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

JP is a zoner on the surface. It gets more sinister:mjlol:

JP as a zoner is only gonna go so far in a game with Drive Rush. Nikkas pulling up from half screen:mjlol:

You can see the JP meta change in real time during that Gamer8 tourney. Kakeru won but it wasn't free by a long shot. He tried all that back to the corner fullscreen zoning shyt and nikkas FORCED his ass to fight:mjlol: Angry Bird was flashing green every time JP snapped his fingers:mjlol:

JP can zone but he's just as, if not more threatening as a mid-close range rushdown character. I didn't respect his normals at first but nikka I was wrong:huhldup: he has probably the highest ROI on hit confirms in the game

As far as I see it JP's "zoning" is a smokescreen for what makes him a true terror. JP's bread and butter is that teleport. Now if he does it raw it's easily telegraphed and punishable, but against a JP that layers his teleport intentions:huhldup: not to mention how ambiguous his jHK is :huhldup::huhldup::huhldup:

Rushdown teleport JP is the future :francis: y'all gonna miss "zoning" JP :francis:

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
There was a lan center or w/e that a breh was trying to setup here years ago but people weren't really into that around here. I'd try to get people to go but they'd be like why would I pay to play games :mjtf:

Only Madden tournaments grew a decent crowd but I hated that game by then. One time he rented out a hotel hall like they do fgc events and they had a Halo tournament. I came in fourth but there were two kids there that were ranked MLG pros. They also had one kid that came to the lan center that was semi pro. I got better playing Halo there then I ever did online. I got max rank really fast in the new Halo game but that shyt was ass.

This was before Street Fighter 4 came out. The game came out when it was running but no one really knew what they were doing:russ:

I ran into breh a few years ago at the barbershop and he said he was going to try and do it again but he never got it off the ground again. I just think it was too early in my area unfortunately:snoop:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
JP is a zoner on the surface. It gets more sinister:mjlol:

JP as a zoner is only gonna go so far in a game with Drive Rush. Nikkas pulling up from half screen:mjlol:

You can see the JP meta change in real time during that Gamer8 tourney. Kakeru won but it wasn't free by a long shot. He tried all that back to the corner fullscreen zoning shyt and nikkas FORCED his ass to fight:mjlol: Angry Bird was flashing green every time JP snapped his fingers:mjlol:

JP can zone but he's just as, if not more threatening as a mid-close range rushdown character. I didn't respect his normals at first but nikka I was wrong:huhldup: he has probably the highest ROI on hit confirms in the game

As far as I see it JP's "zoning" is a smokescreen for what makes him a true terror. JP's bread and butter is that teleport. Now if he does it raw it's easily telegraphed and punishable, but against a JP that layers his teleport intentions:huhldup: not to mention how ambiguous his jHK is :huhldup::huhldup::huhldup:

Rushdown teleport JP is the future :francis: y'all gonna miss "zoning" JP :francis:
I've already made the adjustment out of zoning gameplay, you can ask @Khalil's_Black_Excellence

It's just I'm annoyed by the lack of true zoning in this game in general, especially with JP, whose designed to make people have to get in from full screen

I'd gladly nerf his close range gameplay if that meant that nikkas can't DR through his ghosts

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I've already made the adjustment out of zoning gameplay, you can ask @Khalil's_Black_Excellence

It's just I'm annoyed by the lack of true zoning in this game in general, especially with JP, whose designed to make people have to get in from full screen

I'd gladly nerf his close range gameplay if that meant that nikkas can't DR through his ghosts

Yeah, game is getting boring. even when I win I'm getting irritated lolololol

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Zoning is largely a relic of the past unless you want to play Guile, NRS, or Happy Chaos:russ: