The Official Street Fighter 6 thread! We Open world fighting now?!

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That seems incredibly busted and then you’re in permanent chip damage. It sounds like the worst parts of raging blast.

I’m guessing Capcom wants to balance characters Gauge more than the actual characters as you could easily nerf the top tiers DR to bring em more in line. Air Guard/parry, Rolls, hops, OD moves with extra properties could definitely help out characters like Gief and Lily.
Y'all can barely handle Drive Rush and you talking about adding rolls and hops?:mjlol: nikkas only gonna get angrier:mjlol:

And KOF exists breh you can just play that:mjlol:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Finally uninstalled this shyt. Got masters, played several hundred hours. Can safely say at this point in time this shyt is a terrible fukking, boring, head ass game (IMO). I'm sure getting hit once and then being put in a perpetual strike/throw blender is fun for some but I can't be bothered.

salute to you brehs who enjoy this but I'm outi till they show me some shyt that makes me want to play again.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll always admire fighting game player's innate desire to break shyt:mjlol:

Capcom takes corner crossups out of Street Fighter? Bet. I'll create one out of the fukkin ether:dead:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
:dahell:

JP and OD Amnesia has been one of the top complaints since the game came out

Bruh how is OD different from a wake up DP? JP is strong but he takes a LOT of skill to win with, if anything he’s gonna be SF6 Menat.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bruh how is OD different from a wake up DP? JP is strong but he takes a LOT of skill to win with, if anything he’s gonna be SF6 Menat.
None of that has anything to do with what you said

You said nikkas are complaining about JP and OD Amnesia after one win but nikkas been complaining heavily about both since the game came out

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Finally uninstalled this shyt. Got masters, played several hundred hours. Can safely say at this point in time this shyt is a terrible fukking, boring, head ass game (IMO). I'm sure getting hit once and then being put in a perpetual strike/throw blender is fun for some but I can't be bothered.

salute to you brehs who enjoy this but I'm outi till they show me some shyt that makes me want to play again.

What would you say this game needs?

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
What’s the funniest shyt that’s happen to y’all online? I played a zang the other day and the first round we sat the entire time

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey

You play Marvel, a game where if you get hit once, your character dies, leading to a mix up where if they get hit, they die too....leading to a mix up where.... :mjlol:

I think that's stupid AF, so it's interesting how people interpret fun differently.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Honestly nothing :ehh:

people seem to like it, I just find the gameflow and wincons very monotonous and ass.
That's a weird take, all things considering.

Tho I thought at the very least I figured you would want more diverse characters since you've previously mentioned not really finding your character yet.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
You play Marvel, a game where if you get hit once, your character dies, leading to a mix up where if they get hit, they die too....leading to a mix up where.... :mjlol:

I think that's stupid AF, so it's interesting how people interpret fun differently.

Yeah but in marvel against bums I can literally never get hit damn near :dead: which any of the teams I played. Didnt matter, skill gap too large. Same shyt in melee, xrd, blazblue, uni…I could go on. But it seems beginning with DBZ there was a huge shift to necessitate unearned interaction and having mechanics and situations that are mundane but game ending. And then you have to do very not mundane shyt to deal with them. Now. Im not saying these games arent skillful, that would be dumb. Same people winning. Im saying that said skill is one that I unfortunately did not hone over the years so Ive been playing catch up trying to decipher how to un random shyt in these new games. I feel I have 100 times more agency in marvel than sf6. But that could just be new vs old game too. But I just couldnt do it any more. Every fukking match felt the same. 50% of ur matches are kens. Everyone is annoying to fight lol.

That's a weird take, all things considering.

Tho I thought at the very least I figured you would want more diverse characters since you've previously mentioned not really finding your character yet.

Well, the things I would want to happen to this game never will so didnt dwell on it too much. I would like cooler characters cuz this cast is dry asf and boring. But more characters wont help much if the wincons remain largely strike throw, throw loops and drive rush mixups.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
What’s the funniest shyt that’s happen to y’all online? I played a zang the other day and the first round we sat the entire time

Currently grinding Lily and Chun Li to master rank.

Yesterday I fought a Juri who I destroyed Round 1 playing Lily defensively. Next round dude got mad and started turtling me back. Problem was I had a life lead. Dude was so fed up that he utilized a strategy that didn't even make sense :mjlol:

Dude started rushing down at the last minute, but I had full Drive meter and 3 wind stocks and he kept getting slapped by EX condor spire :pachaha:

I always felt Lily was annoying AF to fight against, but now that I am exploring her, I totally understand why people use her the way they do. Her kit is literally not designed to do anything but patiently poke, be defensive, and look for opportunities to land spire.

Yeah but in marvel against bums I can literally never get hit damn near :dead: which any of the teams I played. Didnt matter, skill gap too large. Same shyt in melee, xrd, blazblue, uni…I could go on. But it seems beginning with DBZ there was a huge shift to necessitate unearned interaction and having mechanics and situations that are mundane but game ending. And then you have to do very not mundane shyt to deal with them. Now. Im not saying these games arent skillful, that would be dumb. Same people winning. Im saying that said skill is one that I unfortunately did not hone over the years so Ive been playing catch up trying to decipher how to un random shyt in these new games. I feel I have 100 times more agency in marvel than sf6. But that could just be new vs old game too. But I just couldnt do it any more. Every fukking match felt the same. 50% of ur matches are kens. Everyone is annoying to fight lol.

Well, the things I would want to happen to this game never will so didnt dwell on it too much. I would like cooler characters cuz this cast is dry asf and boring. But more characters wont help much if the wincons remain largely strike throw, throw loops and drive rush mixups.

I agree that there's a shift happening. I'd say it was in SFV first though, not DBFZ. That was the first game I played where I could tell they was system mechanics in place and a forced lower skill ceiling that gave lower level players the illusion they had a chance. Sure, the best players found a way to be relatively consistent as you pointed out, but they usually have to do that by being as dumbed down as possible in order to not expose themselves to those game altering elements that even bad players can access.

As I said before, I like that new fighting games are more inviting, but I totally understand why some people feel it's more interesting to beat lesser players by out technique than rater than by carefully and slowly avoiding their landmines. New games tend to only allow for the latter rather than the former.

Best players still find a way though, and I do like that people can't just hide behind mechanics to get wins, as once mastered it's pretty auto pilot vs people who can't do said techniques.

As for the characters, I think Capcom injected such a huge amount of flavor into the roster. Everyone has really cool shyt they can do IMO. My main problem with the roster is I wish Dhalsim, Honda, and Blanka didn't take up 3 slots. These characters aren't popular. They only included them so all 8 originals were in the game, and to show off how they could "swag them out".

I wish those 3 slots were Makoto, Dudley and C.Viper instead.

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
Even though I’m only gold 2, I can easily be in master/diamond. Was looking at my replays last night didn’t realize I was playing a lot of Diamond players and beating them convincingly and straight punking plat players (well I’ve been doing that but it’s got worse) even almost beat a master Jaime. I think it’s because people aren’t used to seeing my main. Finally actually did a mirror match (I usually just let them win) and he was diamond I thought that mf was in silver the way I beat him.