The Official Street Fighter 6 thread! We Open world fighting now?!

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Punk is also very hard on himself regarding his skills

He gets emotional and cries, typically about online outcomes, but he never hesitates to point to his own issues just as publicly. I mentioned a few pages back how he said he couldn't beat Mena, and he knew why, but he's done the reflection and finally beat him

Most players don't do this. Nikkas will lose, and instead of acknowledging that they didn't respect their opponents defense, or relied too much on a bad strategy, it's automatically ":damn:this character just sucks, this matchup is bad, drive impact is scrubby" that's the point of the tweet

we gonna agree to disagree. I think blaming your character/mu is a completely rational response sometimes. now the irrational part comes when you realize that is the issue and don't pick someone else.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
I figure they could incorporate an actual "Overdrive" component to the Drive gauge that when activated, you have a timed, unlimited resource of drive. Not sure what the balance would be or the requirements exactly, but they could have it be where once it depletes, you completely lose your drive gauge for that round (or even the whole match, if they really wanna get spicy with it).

That seems incredibly busted and then you’re in permanent chip damage. It sounds like the worst parts of raging blast.

I’m guessing Capcom wants to balance characters Gauge more than the actual characters as you could easily nerf the top tiers DR to bring em more in line. Air Guard/parry, Rolls, hops, OD moves with extra properties could definitely help out characters like Gief and Lily.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
By ST, are you talking about Super Turbo? Or Strive, lol? If it's the former, wasn't Snake Eyes dominant forever with Gief and he's not considered anywhere near top tier there. If you were referring to Strive:hubie:

Yeah...but you already know how Punk roll tho, lol! Exceptional player for sure, but definitely not the paragon of mindsets to align with on accountability or mental toughness, lol.

Dominant forever is a stretch. I believe he won one evo which is dope but I don't think he ran the ST scene or anything.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
End of the day skill >>>>>>>>

I'm a lil ass nikka but I've sparred dudes much bigger than me in boxing regularly and held my own because I got high ass skill (relatively speaking, I'm no where near even low level pro :mjlol: )

but if we equally skill I'm getting washed cuz they just have better tools. luckily in games, You can either just get so much better you can win with worse tools, or just get better tools. impossible irl usually. being cognizant that you lost because you have weak tools isn't a loser mentality, unless you keep using said tools and making the same exact perpetually.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
That seems incredibly busted and then you’re in permanent chip damage. It sounds like the worst parts of raging blast.

I’m guessing Capcom wants to balance characters Gauge more than the actual characters as you could easily nerf the top tiers DR to bring em more in line. Air Guard/parry, Rolls, hops, OD moves with extra properties could definitely help out characters like Gief and Lily.
I edited it to include to possibly just extending the time of burnout, rather than be burned out the entire round/match. But doing said overdrive could be so beneficial to doing some crazy shyt and could near guarantee near of full kill combos, if you're optimizing accordingly. And can be of defensive use as well to have a length of time of having excess drive.

Air guard, hell no. Rolls, nah, this isn't KOF. OD moves with extra properties already currently exist in some characters. I do think air parries could possibly be a thing tho.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Dominant forever is a stretch. I believe he won one evo which is dope but I don't think he ran the ST scene or anything.
Maybe. Ionno the exact count, but I do believe I've heard he was doing well with him for some time at least. And yeah, even if only 1 Evo was won, in that condition is big enough IMO.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
I edited it to include to possibly just extending the time of burnout, rather than be burned out the entire round/match. But doing said overdrive could be so beneficial to doing some crazy shyt and could near guarantee near of full kill combos, if you're optimizing accordingly. And can be of defensive use as well to have a length of time of having excess drive.

Air guard, hell no. Rolls, nah, this isn't KOF. OD moves with extra properties already currently exist in some characters. I do think air parries could possibly be a thing tho.

:russ: Bruh even with guards and rolls SF will never play like KoF, plus those actions are still tied to meter you’re not just abusing them. Hell even SNK characters played like SF characters in CvS2.

I am interested in their design philosophy regarding balance as I don’t I seen them talk about it anywhere yet.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
:russ: Bruh even with guards and rolls SF will never play like KoF, plus those actions are still tied to meter you’re not just abusing them. Hell even SNK characters played like SF characters in CvS2.

I am interested in their design philosophy regarding balance as I don’t I seen them talk about it anywhere yet.
IIRC, in CVS2 within one of SNK grooves, while rolling existed, it wasn't tied to any meter (don't think KOF ever had air guarding tho). Rolls and other similar dodge mechanics have existed in SF games, albeit very seldom and usually tied to special moves rather than system mechanics and relegated to just a couple characters in a respective game. So I don't see them incorporating anything like that as universal mechanic based on their legacy.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
IIRC, in CVS2 within one of SNK grooves, while rolling existed, it wasn't tied to any meter (don't think KOF ever had air guarding tho). Rolls and other similar dodge mechanics have existed in SF games, albeit very seldom and usually tied to special moves rather than system mechanics and relegated to just a couple characters in a respective game. So I don't see them incorporating anything like that as universal mechanic based on their legacy.

SF by design moves past it legacy while still taking lessons from it. Parry, Focus Attacks, & Vtriggers are all in 6. I’m confident Capcom could balance those mechanics easily the same way DR can be easily balanced. Plus I’m not saying roll or air guard have to be in, this is me just whiteboarding ideas of what a second gauge could look like.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
End of the day skill >>>>>>>>

I'm a lil ass nikka but I've sparred dudes much bigger than me in boxing regularly and held my own because I got high ass skill (relatively speaking, I'm no where near even low level pro :mjlol: )

but if we equally skill I'm getting washed cuz they just have better tools. luckily in games, You can either just get so much better you can win with worse tools, or just get better tools. impossible irl usually. being cognizant that you lost because you have weak tools isn't a loser mentality, unless you keep using said tools and making the same exact perpetually.
This is what keeps getting lost in the discussion. It's the whole point

Acknowledging that a character is bad is not the issue. I got a post on this very page about why Manon sucks. The tweet is describing players that use these things as an excuse and nothing else

A nikka can lose and say ____sucks, but if that's all they do and don't also go "I need to stop doing wake up jab, I hold up back in pressure too much" that's what makes him a crybaby

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Maybe. Ionno the exact count, but I do believe I've heard he was doing well with him for some time at least. And yeah, even if only 1 Evo was won, in that condition is big enough IMO.
I could be wrong from what I'm to understand the big major back in the ST days was SBO, that was the benchmark. By the time Evo came around ST was dying out and was a legacy game. Also people say there's a lot of cabinet/bracket fukkery in the early Evo days.

I remember reading about a lot of this in the shoryuken forum days years ago

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jamie's ass

He's flashy when played well but none of that shyt translates to Ws, he has to work way harder than the rest of the cast to get wins
Again like I was saying with Manon and Lily, 6 has a fundamental balance issue because of their fear of the drive system and the mechanics they created

Jamie starting off with negative scaling:mjlol:

Capcom has 6 in this tricky space where they want you to rely on the drive system for your character to eat, and thats great, I like the drive system, but nikka where was all this precaution and tiptoeing when y'all made Ken/Juri/Dee Jay/Luke?:mjlol:

Now the lower tiers can eat, and I think the character metas are gonna shift based on the ubiquity of perfect parry, but the top tiers in SF6 eat way bigger meals compared to SF5

Last edited:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Again like I was saying with Manon and Lily, 6 has a fundamental balance issue because of their fear of the drive system and the mechanics they created

Jamie starting off with negative scaling:mjlol:

Capcom has 6 in this tricky space where they want you to rely on the drive system for your character to eat, and thats great, I like the drive system, but nikka where was all this precaution and tiptoeing when y'all made Ken/Juri/Dee Jay/Luke?:mjlol:

Now the lower tiers can eat, and I think the character metas are gonna shift based on the ubiquity of perfect parry, but the top tiers in SF6 eat way bigger meals compared to SF5

Jamie isn't that good but any character that can drive rush and go corner to corner with a button pisses me off to no end as I play JP. shyt is infuriating. One bar fukk your zoning. trash

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
What's your thoughts on Jamie :lupe:

Jamie is good once he gets his drinks off. Him getting his drinks is easier or harder depending on who you're fighting against. Once Jamie has 2 drinks, he's really good. With 3 drinks he's REALLY REALLY GOOD, and one might argue with 4 drinks he's the best character in the game. If he's in a match where he can get his drinks off consistently, he's A tier. If he's in a match where it's harder to do so (Guile/Juri), he's probably high B. He's definitely better than Manon, Zangief, Lily, Kimberly, Honda and Ryu. After that, its a debate.

The problem with Jamie is that he's too harshly penalized for not having drinks. I know people feel he should "keep his drinks going into the next round", but trust me when I say that would be way too strong. I am, however, in favor of him losing 2 drinks and keeping whatever is left over. So if you got to 3 drinks in round 1, you start round 2 with 1 drink. This would instantly make him even better. Him having a 10% damage penalty without drinks is really weird.

There's a lot of good stuff though.

- Jamie's drive rush game is extremely underrated. Drive Rush standing fierce is an amazing move. He also has all the stuff you need out of Drive Rush to be a a threat in terms of mix, like a drive rush overhead. Standing roundhouse is strong too, and he has mind games with his Rekka since you dont know when he'll stop doing it (unsafe though).

- Anti Air game is rock solid so you cannot jump on him.

- His st.mp is plus frames and compliments his target combo extremely well.

- His command grab is very strong.

- His wall game might be the best in the entire game. Jamie's throw loop cannot be backdashed out of, meaning once he throws you one time, he can keep throwing you over and over again and the only options you have to escape are to tech the throw or jump, but if you do jump, he gets guaranteed damage. He also has a safe jump (when you are guaranteed a jump attack to initiate pressure on their wake up without fear of punishment) in the corner that works against anyone except Lily with Wind Buff and Honda. Vs a good Jamie, getting put against the wall is game over more times than not.

He's one of those characters where he will truly shine once the absurdly powerful ones get adjusted next year. You know he's not going to get any reductions, and only additions, so definitely stick with him if you like him. It does seem like a lot of the best Jamie's are transitioning towards Rashid, though. Both flashy with lots of mix up and up close pressure, but Rashid will undoubtedly be the stronger character once the dust settles.