The Official Street Fighter 6 thread! We Open world fighting now?!

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I dont even know if nikkas got better in masters. They certainly got more annoying.

This is easily the most taxing gMe Ive played seriously and I started with melee and umvc. The fact you repeatedly have to deal with people shyt is ugh. In anime games you can move around nikkas and avoid a lot of nonsense that way. Naw with this you gotta stand right in the pocket and trade haymakers all game :francis:

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs, I did it. Finally made it to Diamond 1! That journey from silver was GRUELING AS fukk.

I appreciate the Coli brehs that I've sparred against, got my ass whooped and made me lab for real. :salute:
I'm right there with you. I got two accounts in diamond rank and I couldn't even get out of silver in SFV. Now I'm even beating Diamond 2s. I don't know if I can make master but I might give it a shot.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Assuming 10 sonic booms in a match is your honor code limit:

Let's say you threw 5 sonic booms in round 1, then 3 sonic booms in round 2. You got 2 booms left. How do you ration out the last 2 sonic booms you're allowing yourself to use in the final round?

Do you toss 1 at the start and save your final one for if you're in a tight spot, or let both them hoes fly?
It's situational.

It all depends on how much:salute: want to impress my coli friends.

At this point, breh, it feels like you're trying to audition be my friend or something.
:skip:

We friends, now, breh. You got the job. You're hired.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
It's situational.

It all depends on how much:salute: want to impress my coli friends.

At this point, breh, it feels like you're trying to audition be my friend or something.
:skip:

We friends, now, breh. You got the job. You're hired.

How many flash kicks do you use before you say "No, enough is enough" and exclusively anti air with his air throw instead?

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
How many flash kicks do you use before you say "No, enough is enough" and exclusively anti air with his air throw instead?

Anybody understand why this nikka is so emotional about this topic?

I'm imagining him at work thinking of the next witty thing to say to me... About sonic fukking booms, brehs.

Breh is on a soap box about sonic booms.

Breh, you are being extra weird now. Making a nikka uncomfortable. :mjlol:

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I'm right there with you. I got two accounts in diamond rank and I couldn't even get out of silver in SFV. Now I'm even beating Diamond 2s. I don't know if I can make master but I might give it a shot.

- slow down and let them beat themselves.

- do not let people jump at you all crazy. Put your mental stack resources into looking for jumps and sniping them. The lower ranked someone is, the more they will jump. Good players understand the risk more.

- at the same time, you yourself refrain from jumping too much. Trust your ground game.

- make sure everytime you hit them, you hit them hard. Use this website to look at your character's best combos for most practical situations and practice it

Street Fighter 6 - SuperCombo Wiki

Have a combo on deck for the following:

1. Light attack confirm with and without meter
2. Medium and heavy confirm with and without meter

3. Jump in with and without meter

4. Punish counter combo/drive impact combo

5. Combo after wall splat(blocked di in corner)

6. Combo after di stun/dizzy

- take the throw unless it's a game deciding guess situation or the opponent is mad predictable and it's obvious they'll grab. Otherwise, just let them grab you. Damage is extremely high in this and you're always one shimmy/neutral jump away from the game being tied up.

- try to avoid putting yourself in burn out unless it's to go for the kill.

- learn basic frame traps because people love to mash buttons and not respect frame data.

- when you are cornered and you feel they will throw, jump over their head to escape rather than try to tech the throw. Top level players will still punish you for it, but at least you'll be back to mid screen. Just be careful if they have level 3. Ryu could do some wild shyt like cross cut shoryu you into level 3 :pachaha:

Do all that and you'll be masters in no time.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

Anybody understand why this nikka is so emotional about this topic?

I'm imagining him at work thinking of the next witty thing to say to me... About sonic fukking booms, brehs.

Breh is on a soap box about sonic booms.

Breh, you are being extra weird now. Making a nikka uncomfortable. :mjlol:
I think you taking him way too serious at this point.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I haven't taken him serious since his early posts.

He's just reminding me of that corny nikka we all know that finds a groove with a joke, we all laugh, but then he continues to add to it so much that it starts getting awkward and weird.

Like breh, we lol'd... You got the points. It's getting tired now. :skip:

It reeks of a nikka who was anti-social in college but started to butterfly late in life. :deadrose:

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey

I wish Ken players thought like this nikka.

Them nikkas be locked in using that stupid ass character in the most OP way possible.

Stop switching sides and putting me back in the corner damn it. Challenge yourself.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I dont even know if nikkas got better in masters. They certainly got more annoying.

This is easily the most taxing gMe Ive played seriously and I started with melee and umvc. The fact you repeatedly have to deal with people shyt is ugh. In anime games you can move around nikkas and avoid a lot of nonsense that way. Naw with this you gotta stand right in the pocket and trade haymakers all game :francis:

Yeah, I totally get what you mean. In those games, the ceiling is higher because there are mechanical things that most players outside of the highest level cannot access, so you can crush people on autopilot just by being able to do things they can't.

In SF6, everything is pretty easy to do and none of the game defining mechanics are anything beyond 2 button presses, so you're forced to outwit/outstrategize everyone no matter what their level is.

It's VERY EASY to get caught slipping in SF6. It requires maximum attention at all times. Definitely not an auto-pilot friendly game and not one you can play well when tired.

Last edited: