The Official Street Fighter 6 thread! We Open world fighting now?!

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
You have more going for you than you realize to be honest.

You play Guile nikka:russ: Guile been the same character for 30 years you don't have to adjust much:russ:

Guile is also the best burnout character in the game because again nothing is really changing about your playstyle

You can get decently far the more you remain rigid in playing a shameless Guile
This is true.
That being said, I'm proud of myself for managing to finally buy into the combo philosophy of street fighter and letting it elevate my game.

Last edited:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Brehs...

I'm proud of myself.

I really wanted to challenge myself to really get better in street fighter.

My fundamentals have always been sound but I never could really grasp combo mechanics in street fighter.

I pushed myself to go back to my fav main of all time - Guile - and lab heavily.

Gave myself a goal of going from Silver to Diamond.

shyt has been a grind but I things have finally clicked for me in Street Fighter the way it never has before.

I have made it to platinum 4 with Guile. I also don't spam sonic booms.

Almost at my goal, brehs.

May be a small achievement for many of y'all veterans, but I'm truly proud. :wow:

SIDENOTE: My most feared opp is Jamie. For some reason, his speed and move set have me like a deer in headlights. I just can't seem to best him.

Congrats. I’m struggling with manon :sadcam: Trying to pick up Dee Jay or Chun but they are a little out my skill level. And I refuse to play luke or a shooto. Hilarious you struggle against Jamie with Guile considering that’s probably an 9-1 matchup. I would say just parry his long ass rekkas since they are so unsafe. And just keep him out with booms. His anti projectile move works more against fire balls than booms

Last edited:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
I’ve been wanting to play but my hand has been stitched up since EVO. I got on just to see how’d I do with a busted hand and everybody is just DRing now. Realized this isn’t the healthiest option for me or else I’m back in the emergency room for a reopened wound and aneurysm from blood loss & rage.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Nah, I know.
I know this is going to be something that'll keep me from maximizing my success with Guile, but, I am "off meta" in most competitive games I play. It just feels better that I don't spam.
Again, I know it'll restrict my growth but I'm okay with that.:salute:

This nikka trippin

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey

There's an optimal and correct way to play all characters. Guile is arguably #1 largely because of sonic boom. To not use it relentlessly is counter productive, odd, and makes no sense in a game where the objective is to win.

You are tripping to the highest degree.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
There's an optimal and correct way to play all characters. Guile is arguably #1 largely because of sonic boom. To not use it relentlessly is counter productive, odd, and makes no sense in a game where the objective is to win.

You are tripping to the highest degree.
My objective is to win my way. That's just always been in my DNA regarding my competive nature.

It's more fulfilling thay way and it allows me not to feel like a clone.

shyt, in Warzone my name is "OffMetaShogun" because I find it boring to follow the meta to a T. (M4 with 60 round mag, no stock, etc)

I don't know if you play it but, back in Warzone 1, my loadout was an M4 with socom rounds with a 10 round mag.

High level of difficulty, low margin for error, but very rewarding for me.

End of thr day, it's a video game that I'm not in Esports for. I play to enjoy.

Last edited:

blackslash

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
It's definitely point scumming. No ways around it.

I'm not refuting the option to quit. You just shouldn't get rewarded for quitting. Nor should the committed player be penalized for your forfeit. At best, if you quit and you won you don't get points. You quit and you lose, the winning player gets half the points they would've gotten for beating you again.
nah the breh is right

The whole FT2 thing in ranked games is a recent thing. Now I agree the whole one and done thing is cheap as far as the W is concerned but like breh said as far as ranked, capcom does give the option to one and done for a reason.

I remember I had this same issue with tekken 7 when it first came out
Folks was sending me rage mail cuz I was beating em in best of 3 sets when they wanted best of 5

And I’m like :dahell:
Why I owe you all that, a nikka just tryna get points:skip:

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
My objective is to win my way. That's just always been in my DNA regarding my competive nature.

It's more fulfilling thay way and it allows me not to feel like a clone.

shyt, in Warzone my name is "OffMetaShogun" because I find it boring to follow the meta to a T. (M4 with 60 round mag, no stock, etc)

I don't know if you play it but, back in Warzone 1, my loadout was an M4 with socom rounds with a 10 round mag.

High level of difficulty, low margin for error, but very rewarding for me.

End of thr day, it's a video game that I'm not in Esports for. I play to enjoy.

Word. You're tripping and that's dumb.

Do you tho.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn

Do you tho.
Breh, no lie, you're on some real weirdo shyt.

It's almost like you're getting offended that I'm doing what I want to do on a game. And doing it in a way that's not cheesy or cheating towards the other player.

You okay? And just to be clear... We are talking about a video game, right? Makong me feel like I'm doing something against your religion. :what:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Breh, no lie, you're on some real weirdo shyt.

It's almost like you're getting offended that I'm doing what I want to do on a game. And doing it in a way that's not cheesy or cheating towards the other player.

You okay? And just to be clear... We are talking about a video game, right? Makong me feel like I'm doing something against your religion. :what:

You gotta understand some nikkas want you to play fgs the “right way” for some reason that has alluded me. You paid for it do whatever you want. I said you should spam booms, you said naw tou want to play your way. I left it alone because who am I to tell you to switch it up for me. Thats retarded

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
You gotta understand some nikkas want you to play fgs the “right way” for some reason that has alluded me. You paid for it do whatever you want. I said you should spam booms, you said naw tou want to play your way. I left it alone because who am I to tell you to switch it up for me. Thats retarded
Right. Now, I said, what is the most efficient strategy to climb up the FGC ladderboards...

Yea, it would be dumb to not follow.

But, nikka is acting like he doesn't know "LetMeSoloHer" from Elden Ring isn't a thing. Some people like being unique in how they go about their game playing.

That's why i said he's weird.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Right. Now, I said, what is the most efficient strategy to climb up the FGC ladderboards...

Yea, it would be dumb to not follow.

But, nikka is acting like he doesn't know "LetMeSoloHer" from Elden Ring isn't a thing. Some people like being unique in how they go about their game playing.

That's why i said he's weird.
Don't let it phase you nikkas just be trying to lord over people for no reason online

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Do you tho.
It's not dumb. Not even for Guile

There's the traditional way to play Guile but he can just as easily rush you down. Especially in SF5/6. Variety in playstyles is what makes fgc interesting

Besides he said it ain't that serious to him:manny: He wants to play on his own terms

Forcing yourself to play a style you're not comfortable playing usually does more harm than good, but that's a different topic