The Official Street Fighter 6 thread! We Open world fighting now?!

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like I said, people are using it as anti-air and anti meaty. I play Zangief. If I throw a Fierce (easily his 2nd or 3rd best button) or Roundhouse, I basically don't have time to react. Also, my first Street Fighter was STREET FIGHTER. My whole muscle memory is punishing and pressing on offense. Or, I throw something, they block, I STOP because know not to do unsafe strings, but to stop it, I need to mash jab and hope I get the 3rd in time, or stop what I'm doing in a split second and hit mine. It's a bullshyt mechanic. I have to unlearn almost 30 years of actual good gameplay because of this scrubby nonsense.

And it absolutely is a comeback mechanic. Since there is no chip outside of Burnout, it's a last ditch cheap way to open someone up for people with no mixup game or footsies. It totally works in favor of scrubby play. It gives you free corner combos! I don't even attempt the shyt unless the opponent is in Burnout, or I'm way behind and need a dramatic CA to come back and win. It's counterintuitive if you've played SF before seriously, especially before 5.
The issue is the people doing the most complaining about DI are also the ones that happen to never do any introspection. Have you stopped and asked yourself :jbhmm:where am I fukkin up?" Because I'm seeing very little of it in this thread

If you're complaining about getting anti aired by DI you're probably doing some really bad jumps

If you're complaining about not having time to react, you should be engineering situations where you do have time to react. Reactions are based on heuristics. Whoever has the most refined heuristics has the best reactions because they manufactured the scenario to react to.

Relying on mash jab as your only counter to DI implies a lack of knowledge. You have multiple options. You have parry, you have neutral jump, you can throw it. A grappler command grabbing DI gets you a punish counter for obscene damage

Also i mentioned a few pages ago DI has been catching nikkas sleeping at the wheel. Y'all don't have the mental stack for anticipating DI, and based on the complaints it looks like you don't want to develop one at all. We're talking about a 26 frame move breh:russ:. The fastest normal in the game into DI is at least 27 frames. After that we're looking at 28 and up frame situations. At that point you gotta just acknowledge that you have the reactions of a sloth or you just got caught slippin, at which point you upgrade your heuristic:manny:

And nikkas gotta stop with the "30 years of good gameplay" shyt. because the main nikkas saying it usually ain't as good as they think they are. Y'all complained about SF5 for being too much autopilot now y'all still complaining because DI won't let you autopilot enough.

Is it Oochie Wally or is it One Mic? Is it "I don't get to play" or "DI took all my life"?:pachaha:

And comeback mechanics have existed since SF2 y'all gotta stop using that one:russ:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Go on Snake Eyez' stream and tell him he's scrubby and has bad fundamentals. He does it more than I do. Then clip it and post it in case I miss it:jbhmm:

As far as the counter, if people were doing DI that far away, I'd never get hit either. As if that's a real situation:mjlol:
Yea but you're not Snake Eyez so you gotta consider the possibility that your timing with those same normals is not good. These situations have contexts so while he's playing scissors/paper/scissors you're playing rock/rock/paper

Also you must not have watched the entire video because he counters at point blank range in the 2nd half. It's a viable option especially for having such a simple, sneak bufferable input

Daps
Yea but you're not Snake Eyez so you gotta consider the possibility that your timing with those same normals is not good. These situations have contexts so while he's playing scissors/paper/scissors you're playing rock/rock/paper

Also you must not have watched the entire video because he counters at point blank range in the 2nd half. It's a viable option especially for having such a simple, sneak bufferable input
Damn...I haven't played SF since CHampionship edition on Genesis. Was thinking about getting back into it, but y'all are speaking a different language now....

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
@O.Red

I see a lot of text but you don't play. DI is not as easy to react to as you're phrasing this

I'm getting better at it but the reality of it is that there should be more built in mechanisms that reduce it's effectiveness. It simply is not expensive enough for it to be as good as it is currently, and throwing it is not as consistent as it needs to be right now.

I do hear the parry tech is evolving which should help with it as well, but even now I feel that it's too cheap, doesn't cost enough drive. There's no way alpha counter should be more expensive than DI when you evaluate the risk/reward of both tools. It goes back to the overly offensive philosophy and mentality towards the game design.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
@O.Red

I see a lot of text but you don't play. DI is not as easy to react to as you're phrasing this

I'm getting better at it but the reality of it is that there should be more built in mechanisms that reduce it's effectiveness. It simply is not expensive enough for it to be as good as it is currently, and throwing it is not as consistent as it needs to be right now.

I do hear the parry tech is evolving which should help with it as well, but even now I feel that it's too cheap, doesn't cost enough drive. There's no way alpha counter should be more expensive than DI when you evaluate the risk/reward of both tools. It goes back to the overly offensive philosophy and mentality towards the game design.

SOLVED

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
The issue is the people doing the most complaining about DI are also the ones that happen to never do any introspection. Have you stopped and asked yourself :jbhmm:where am I fukkin up?" Because I'm seeing very little of it in this thread

If you're complaining about getting anti aired by DI you're probably doing some really bad jumps

If you're complaining about not having time to react, you should be engineering situations where you do have time to react. Reactions are based on heuristics. Whoever has the most refined heuristics has the best reactions because they manufactured the scenario to react to.

Relying on mash jab as your only counter to DI implies a lack of knowledge. You have multiple options. You have parry, you have neutral jump, you can throw it. A grappler command grabbing DI gets you a punish counter for obscene damage

Also i mentioned a few pages ago DI has been catching nikkas sleeping at the wheel. Y'all don't have the mental stack for anticipating DI, and based on the complaints it looks like you don't want to develop one at all. We're talking about a 26 frame move breh:russ:. The fastest normal in the game into DI is at least 27 frames. After that we're looking at 28 and up frame situations. At that point you gotta just acknowledge that you have the reactions of a sloth or you just got caught slippin, at which point you upgrade your heuristic:manny:

And nikkas gotta stop with the "30 years of good gameplay" shyt. because the main nikkas saying it usually ain't as good as they think they are. Y'all complained about SF5 for being too much autopilot now y'all still complaining because DI won't let you autopilot enough.

Is it Oochie Wally or is it One Mic? Is it "I don't get to play" or "DI took all my life"?:pachaha:

And comeback mechanics have existed since SF2 y'all gotta stop using that one:russ:
Talk to Em!

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
@O.Red

He explained it very well on how to go about building the reactions tho. When you wanna play some more breh? See how well you get trying to DI me. :lolbron:

Also, whether it's 1 bar or 10, it still costs meter just to use it and you have to commit to it upon use. Focus Attack on 4 cost nothing, was unblockable at max strength and you actually gained Ultra meter just from getting hit during it. Do better.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@O.Red

Me not having the game doesn't mean I haven't played it:manny: I actually thought one bar was too cheap for DI too until I played and realized what I was dealing with.

And even if that wasn't the case y'all are still overvaluing the move.

I didn't say it was easy to react to, I actually damn near said the opposite based on the premise of y'all having under developed mental stacks.

Look at it this way. Having DI as this singular albatross to react to make a you worse overall. You spend all this brain power looking out for DI with no accompanying meta surrounding it, which leaves you open for all the other bullshyt your forgot about, which THEN leaves you open to these DIs. You triple teamed Shaq, but now Kobe has 38 points

And as far as tools against DI, you have

Neutral Jump
Throw
Supers
TWO Parries. One of them shyts you can just hold:russ:
Gief has a counter
Chun can slide under it
Blanka can duck it for a full punish
And probably more character specific shyt I don't know about

So how many more mechanisms do y'all need? Not even saying nikkas have to like DI but comparing that shyt to X Factor is :dead:

And this is info gathered from me playing about 4 hours total of SF6, and that ain't a flex, but I'm not making this shyt up out of thin air:russ:

All I'm offering is the opportunity to do some self reflection, because I'm seeing way more complaints about DI than suggestions and ideas on how to legitimately counter it. It's always the players that can't admit when they're bad at something that never learn anything:manny:

But also you don't have to listen to me so good luck:manny::pachaha:

Last edited:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

I'm fighting literal DECADES of muscle memory telling me to block. DECADES. 90% of the issue is me seeing it start up and and blocking. In your terms, "getting caught slipping". Cool. I'm starting to react with mine, but that's not going to happen overnight. I'm making time to play, but I'm doing World Tour for some of it (should just Google where Gief is, but I'm an addictive completionist), and I have Destiny 2 to keep up with. Also, I played about an hour of the beta since playing only Ryu and Luke was boring AF. I'm learning the hard way on the fly. I'll figure it out. That also doesn't make the mechanic not trash. My jumps are good in games without DI. I am adjusting. Like I said, I beat that Ryu player twice in a row with the new game plan without too many issues. That was my first time playing people aside from my friend (a step above a casual), and the one night I played in a room with some Coli brehs. I like 6, but I'm, not a pro, I'll get around to it when I get around to it, and when I do, nikkas will get beaten worse than they are already. I'm planning to lab SPDing it like I did FADC. If that works out, :demonic:AGAIN, DI is still trash.

He gets caught too. I only incorporated it watching his results. I was only making the point it just beats certain slow normals for scrubs to get their shyt off. I didn't play 5 but a handful of times after the Coli tournament because I hate going into my basement to play it on my desktop, what they did to Gief, etc. When I did, I played Abigail. That counter is damn near a new move to me. I'll mess around with that eventually. DI is still trash though.
@O.Red

THIS. @O.Red has theory fighter all day and telling everyone what to do. I better see him destroying in the league, at least. Everyone has a plan 'til they get punched in the mouth. DI 150% needs to cost more meter. It's a crutch already.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
GGs @Khalil's_Black_Excellence & @Relldaproblem

@Khalil's_Black_Excellence your cammy is the most brain dead I’ve ever seen and I savor the asswhipping that rando sub Lily put on you.

@Relldaproblem i ain’t een know Manon’s DR could get away with QCF+P imma lab that shyt.
Lol @ you calling my day two, 4th string Cammy braindead when you outchea with your main just doing DI on repeat, and getting blown the fukk up for it every time.

Also, that Lily wasn't a random, but someone else that I play with frequently, so he knows how to play against me, but he never fought me using Lily before. I got his ass right back once we rebooted the room.

There's a lot you don't know about Manon, lol like how to use her at all really. Ggs tho of me being the royal shyt outta you, but that was a given that we both knew was going to happen anyway.

Last edited:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm fighting literal DECADES of muscle memory telling me to block. DECADES. 90% of the issue is me seeing it start up and and blocking. In your terms, "getting caught slipping". Cool. I'm starting to react with mine, but that's not going to happen overnight. I'm making time to play, but I'm doing World Tour for some of it (should just Google where Gief is, but I'm an addictive completionist), and I have Destiny 2 to keep up with. Also, I played about an hour of the beta since playing only Ryu and Luke was boring AF. I'm learning the hard way on the fly. I'll figure it out. That also doesn't make the mechanic not trash. My jumps are good in games without DI. I am adjusting. Like I said, I beat that Ryu player twice in a row with the new game plan without too many issues. That was my first time playing people aside from my friend (a step above a casual), and the one night I played in a room with some Coli brehs. I like 6, but I'm, not a pro, I'll get around to it when I get around to it, and when I do, nikkas will get beaten worse than they are already. I'm planning to lab SPDing it like I did FADC. If that works out, :demonic:AGAIN, DI is still trash.

He gets caught too. I only incorporated it watching his results. I was only making the point it just beats certain slow normals for scrubs to get their shyt off. I didn't play 5 but a handful of times after the Coli tournament because I hate going into my basement to play it on my desktop, what they did to Gief, etc. When I did, I played Abigail. That counter is damn near a new move to me. I'll mess around with that eventually. DI is still trash though.

THIS. @O.Red has theory fighter all day and telling everyone what to do. I better see him destroying in the league, at least. Everyone has a plan 'til they get punched in the mouth. DI 150% needs to cost more meter. It's a crutch already.
Aight:manny: