The Official Street Fighter 6 thread! We Open world fighting now?!

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Ran in to my first Sim and he deep throated that pavement too after catching Big Foot Mommy French Slams.

Keep trying to play this shyt like V and you gonna learn the hard way.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Finally did some ranked and some Battle Hub matches.

For real, for real...DI might be the gayest, scrubbiest, wackest shyt OAT besides maybe X-Factor. People just spam it as anti-air, use it to make bad strings "safe", and I'm sure are just praying you don't do yours. Maybe my old man reactions are bad, but, unfortunately, reacting to it will be a necesary skill. I got around it mostly and won more than I lost, but it's pure garbage.

Also, I am convinced people are cheating. Aside from that clip of the guy reacting to DI every time, they're are people hitting the same combo over and over with what appears to be frame perfect timing. One guy caught me and I slammed him on his shyt because he didn't have 2 meter to do the next Drive Parry Rush and he dropped. I figured it was Modern, but I started paying attention, and there are people on Classic doing the same types of shyt. I played one guy with Ryu like 10 to 12 times. I won the first 2, then he started spamming DI and doing the same combos over and over, and I started second guessing and gave up like 7 in a row, basically trying different shyt for information. Then I stopped and used what I learned, stopped fukking around, beat his ass twice in a row, then dipped. It's like people are amateur as fukk, as if their fundamentals are shaky or non-existent, then they bust out a Double Drive Rush combo out of nowhere. This guy was doing unsafe strings. Combos into Tatsu on block, all sorts of no-nos. I lost to one fool doing the illest Chun-Li combos all over the place repeatedly, with like no real footsies or spacing, in Silver. If he was really that nice, he should be higher already. Capcom has to implement some form of anti-cheat. I just realized, with the game being so succesful and pulling in casuals, we're getting scrubs doing bullshyt and cheating. I'm sure Cronus has some SF6 shyt already, and assume PC cheats are already surfacing.

The game is still good, but that shyt needs addressing. If they removed DI, I would be comfortable saying it's on the 3rd Strike tier, possibly 2nd or 3rd greatest SF title, but GOD DAMN that is some bullshyt.

Last edited:

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey

For real, for real...DI might be the gayest, scrubbiest, wackest shyt OAT besides maybe X-Factor. People just spam it as anti-air, use it to make bad strings "safe", and I'm sure are just praying you don't do yours. Maybe my old man reactions are bad, but, unfortunately, reacting to it will be a necesary skill. I got around it mostly and won more than I lost, but it's pure garbage.

Also, I am convinced people are cheating. Aside from that clip of the guy reacting to DI every time, they're are people hitting the same combo over and over with what appears to be frame perfect timing. One guy caught me and I slammed him on his shyt because he didn't have 2 meter to do the next Drive Parry Rush and he dropped. I figured it was Modern, but I started paying attention, and there are people on Classic doing the same types of shyt. I played one guy with Ryu like 10 to 12 times. I won the first 2, then he started spamming DI and doing the same combos over and over, and I started second guessing and gave up like 7 in a row, basically trying different shyt for information. Then I stopped and used what I learned, stopped fukking around, beat his ass twice in a row, then dipped. It's like people are amateur as fukk, as if their fundamentals are shaky or non-existent, then they bust out a Double Drive Rush combo out of nowhere. This guy was doing unsafe strings. Combos into Tatsu on block, all sorts of no-nos. I lost to one fool doing the illest Chun-Li combos all over the place repeatedly, with like no real footsies or spacing, in Silver. If he was really that nice, he should be higher already. Capcom has to implement some form of anti-cheat. I just realized, with the game being so succesful and pulling in casuals, we're getting scrubs doing bullshyt and cheating. I'm sure Cronus has some SF6 shyt already, and assume PC cheats are already surfacing.

The game is still good, but that shyt needs addressing. If they removed DI, I would be comfortable saying it's on the 3rd Strike tier, possibly 2nd or 3rd greatest SF title, but GOD DAMN that is some bullshyt.

I like di. It forces people to not auto pilot in neutral.

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
Guile eats Manon alive for NO meter. Manon has to spend everything to get close. I see what you're saying but almost no one properly zones in this game because the systems want you to be offensive. Jamie is also crazy against her he can confirm into so much, so if you mistime a throw or your spacing isn't right he's gettin 10-15% off the rip with no juice in him.

But I do remember some crazy Makoto rounds, alot of the younger players don't even know. You wanna see a REAL steamroll character watch her. Don't need no medals, just need a whiff and a little bit of meter and you're dead as hell.
Coming from that makoto/laura lineage sometimes you block with your face and it makes the 15 seconds of death that much sweeter, it is what it is :yeshrug:
imma be honest, i haven't run into a Guile yet that has had me on lockdown but JP?

JAY PEE???

:unimpressed: i don't wanna talk about it

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
The best use of DI that I found is to punish people doing unsafe things at the end of block strings.

I was playing a JP and he was ending block strings with that purple slash, I'm guessing to be safe on block. You can easily see it coming. I'd just drive impact it everytime and I ended up beating him.

I'll admit I'm have a hard time in neutral because I try to use Standing MK on Cammy since it's a great button but people DI it when they see it coming. Same with cMK. I need to watch Punk's Cammy guide to be better because I feel like I'm out working most of my opponents.

I also having a time remembering when I'm + or - when I'm blocking. I've also ran into people doing dumb stuff like @TripleAgent said. One Ryu ended a block string with Ex Tatsu and I knew he couldn't be safe after that so I jabbed but he canceled it into his super:why:

Last edited:

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
The best use of DI that I found is to punish people doing unsafe things at the end of block strings.

I was playing a JP and he was ending block strings with that purple slash, I'm guessing to be unsafe on block. You can easily see it coming. I'd just drive impact it everytime and I eneded up beating him.

I'll admit I'm have a hard time in neutral because I try to use Standing MK on Cammy since it's a great button but people DI it when they see it coming. Same with cMK. I need to watch Punk's Cammy guide to be better because I feel like I'm out working most of my opponents.

I also having a time remembering when I'm + or - when I'm blocking. I've also ran into people doing dumb stuff like @TripleAgent said. One Ryu ended a block string with Ex Tatsuya and I knew he couldn't be safe after that so I jabbed but he canceled it into his super:why:
the ole sf4 xbox live special. the feeling is really back :wow:

really tho, my only advice for neutral in this game is that you gotta press waaay less buttons than in 4/5 just because parries/drive impacts/drive rushes could be coming your way. you're better off dancing into your spacing as opposed to swinging into it from the feels of things...also get comfortable cancelling your special cancellable normals into drive impact in neutral, they're the real mvps

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I like di. It forces people to not auto pilot in neutral.
Right. Cats whined about SFV not having enough defensive mechanics and now are whining about VI having "OP'd" ones, lol. Anyone complaing about Drive Impact better not have liked IV liked that at all. At least DI is meter dependent, mostly blockable and has to be committed to.

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
Right. Cats whined about SFV not having enough defensive mechanics and now are whining about VI having "OP'd" ones, lol. Anyone complaing about Drive Impact better not have liked IV liked that at all. At least DI is meter dependent, mostly blockable and has to be committed to.
drive impact is really ass forreal with the amount of ways you can get around it lol.

you got the full duration of the frames to counter with your own. if their DI is out and you do a DI at any point before their's connects, you gettin the slowdown and damn near all the time in the world to make your conversion good off it.

im at the point now i just throw it out in neutral and if you can counter it then :ehh: good for you

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

DI is some of the easiest shyt on the planet to get around. Literally.. you can just jump, you can throw it, you can counter it with your own DI, you can back dash. All sorts of shyt. If you can't counter DI it's because you did something unsafe or fished with a heavy. DI is NOT a comeback mechanic like X-Factor. At ALL.

Also, you gotta remember this game is bringing in more new people to fighting games than any other in recent memory. People DON'T have fundamentals. :russ:

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
drive impact is really ass forreal with the amount of ways you can get around it lol.

you got the full duration of the frames to counter with your own. if their DI is out and you do a DI at any point before their's connects, you gettin the slowdown and damn near all the time in the world to make your conversion good off it.

im at the point now i just throw it out in neutral and if you can counter it then :ehh: good for you
Yeah, i throw it out at times when I notice someone is getting too predictiable with their offense or if they clam up too much on defense. It's also fun to beat someone down to an inch of their life and then DI and see them try to counter with theirs only to die anyway.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
DI is some of the easiest shyt on the planet to get around. Literally.. you can just jump, you can throw it, you can counter it with your own DI, you can back dash. All sorts of shyt. If you can't counter DI it's because you did something unsafe or fished with a heavy. DI is NOT a comeback mechanic like X-Factor. At ALL.

Also, you gotta remember this game is bringing in more new people to fighting games than any other in recent memory. People DON'T have fundamentals. :russ:
Neither do some of the people complaining the most. Including him.:mjgrin:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Coming from that makoto/laura lineage sometimes you block with your face and it makes the 15 seconds of death that much sweeter, it is what it is :yeshrug:
imma be honest, i haven't run into a Guile yet that has had me on lockdown but JP?

JAY PEE???

:unimpressed: i don't wanna talk about it

Some of the only perfects I've gotten are against JP. He's strong, but most people panic when you get near them. Right now the only character I actually FEAR is Kim....only because she's so lowly played that ONLY people who are good with her, play her.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
When you realize the nikka you fighting knows how to perfectly counter your DI with theirs

giphy.gif