The Official Street Fighter 6 thread! We Open world fighting now?!

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hey coli brehs?

Did you guys respect anybody who uses modern control against classic control in the battle hub? I saw someone using modern control vs classic and he won like he was the shyt. It was a close fight. I always felt like using modern control is a cheat code :scust:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Hey coli brehs?

Did you guys respect anybody who uses modern control against classic control in the battle hub? I saw someone using modern control vs classic and he won like he was the shyt. It was a close fight. I always felt like using modern control is a cheat code :scust:
It's legit in that you can legitimately win playing like that, and for some chars it's a legit better control scheme, like for gief

But as a purist there's just no way I'll do that shyt. I like it for playing with family members and stuff tho who don't know how to play.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Just made it to diamond.

Imo this is probably the GOAT fighting game. But I do have a few gripes:

- Drive rush needs to be toned down for certain characters. Dee Jays drive rush is basically a teleport and is damn near unreactable unless you’re anticipating it and have frame perfect timing.

Dee Jay's is certainly the fastest and most difficult to deal with at mid-range. His doesn't go full screen, possibly the only one who's needs a bit of tweaking maybe. But overall, I'm alright with it being as it is for pretty much everyone else.

- I’m cool with specials not being confirmable off a single hit like in V. I like that you have to commit to your offense. However, I do think the cancel window should be more lenient for drive rush. Confirming a CRMK into DR is pretty clunky and inconsistent because you have to return to neutral before doing the dash input and by then you often miss the cancel window.
Ionno about that breh. Maybe you just need to work on your timing a bit. It seems pretty doable for me. I'm not 100% perfect with getting the next hit from it confirmed, but like 85-90% and it doesn't feel that difficult to actually initiate the command (it's easier than FADC ever was). This is only like a week of having the game and the betas. Last thing this game or any other fighting game needs is even MORE easy inputs.

- Anti-airing with normal attacks feels really weird and inconsistent in this game. In V even if you sucked at hitting DPs consistently you could anti-air 95% of the casts moves using easy inputs like, for example, Ken’s CRHP. In this game I’ve found that you have to space yourself out very nicely to get CRHP to connect, otherwise they’ll sail right over you for a cross up. What’s weird is many times, even with proper spacing I’ve seen CRHP just phase through characters and not hit them, resulting in me getting hit. Or we’ll trade. It’s unreliable to the point I just go for DPs or block if I can’t react in time.
I agree with @CarltonJunior on this as being a thing in SF since 4 at least and I have little problem with it. I don't think every character (or any character really) should have god tier AA normals. As you mentioned about commitment, that's what having AA specials are also for. Committing to your defense just as much as your offense. Most are pretty good as is if you're using them accordingly. And most characters that have weaker ones, still have other great defensive AA options.
- Inputs seem to get eaten a lot in this game. There are a lot of times I’ll attempt to do some action like jump, or do a special move and it simply won’t come out. I thought I was bugging but even pros are noticing and complaining about this.
This I've noticed a bit too and one of few things I agree with you on here.

- Manon’s medals should either reset every round or at the very least, reset for the tiebreaker round.

Hell no. That's a part of what makes her grappling style special.
- Blanka, Honda, and Dhalsim need to never return for next iterations of this franchise. They’re absolutely swagless characters that no one cares about and their game plan is boring to play and annoying as fukk to fight against.
Pretty much whole-heartedly agree here. Tho I think figuring out Blanka's gimmicks in any SF he's in is mildly amusing, I hate him as a character all around tho. The other two definitely need not to keep showing up either. Especially as base roster if they do inevitably show up. Nolstagic SF players need to fukk off sometimes with their character demands (and I'm from that original era).
- I understand the ideology behind losing drive meter for blocking. It’s to prevent turtling and it works fairly well. However I think it punishes players for playing defense a little too much. The amount of meter you lose off a block should either be toned down or there should be some kind of threshold that needs to be hit, like blocking 3 straight times, to cause the meter to start to deplete.

Sounds like I’m complaining but truly I’m in love with this game. Just sharing my thoughts after dealing with the brutal hell that is ranked for the past week.
Nah, that's also fine as is IMO. You have parry to negate that anyway. The game has enough defensive options as it does offensive ones. Folks need to just utlize all their tools at the right moment. All too often folks be wanting all purpose, get out of jail free options in fighting games (and in gaming in general sometimes) and I can't get with that.

Good to hear you love the game, despite all the contrary gripes you have here.

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just made it to diamond.

Imo this is probably the GOAT fighting game. But I do have a few gripes:

- Drive rush needs to be toned down for certain characters. Dee Jays drive rush is basically a teleport and is damn near unreactable unless you’re anticipating it and have frame perfect timing.

- I’m cool with specials not being confirmable off a single hit like in V. I like that you have to commit to your offense. However, I do think the cancel window should be more lenient for drive rush. Confirming a CRMK into DR is pretty clunky and inconsistent because you have to return to neutral before doing the dash input and by then you often miss the cancel window.

- Anti-airing with normal attacks feels really weird and inconsistent in this game. In V even if you sucked at hitting DPs consistently you could anti-air 95% of the casts moves using easy inputs like, for example, Ken’s CRHP. In this game I’ve found that you have to space yourself out very nicely to get CRHP to connect, otherwise they’ll sail right over you for a cross up. What’s weird is many times, even with proper spacing I’ve seen CRHP just phase through characters and not hit them, resulting in me getting hit. Or we’ll trade. It’s unreliable to the point I just go for DPs or block if I can’t react in time.

- Inputs seem to get eaten a lot in this game. There are a lot of times I’ll attempt to do some action like jump, or do a special move and it simply won’t come out. I thought I was bugging but even pros are noticing and complaining about this.

- Manon’s medals should either reset every round or at the very least, reset for the tiebreaker round.

- I don’t find JP’s zoning to be as oppressive or annoying as everyone says but I do think his buttons are too good. No reason a zoner as strong as him should also be able to play close quarters fairly well.

- Blanka, Honda, and Dhalsim need to never return for next iterations of this franchise. They’re absolutely swagless characters that no one cares about and their game plan is boring to play and annoying as fukk to fight against.

- I understand the ideology behind losing drive meter for blocking. It’s to prevent turtling and it works fairly well. However I think it punishes players for playing defense a little too much. The amount of meter you lose off a block should either be toned down or there should be some kind of threshold that needs to be hit, like blocking 3 straight times, to cause the meter to start to deplete.

Sounds like I’m complaining but truly I’m in love with this game. Just sharing my thoughts after dealing with the brutal hell that is ranked for the past week.
I can agree with most of this besides the sim slander

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis
Hey coli brehs?

I ran into a Zangief on Mondern, I had to damn near switch completely how I played cause the SPD fear, but once I put him in the blender, I got him out of there quick.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Anybody else feel themselves constantly switching characters trying to land a main.

Yea kinda. I didn't play much of V, only season 1 and some of 2. The only stuck to Bison in that game.

In this I've been mainly sticking to Cammy. I got a question for people that play Jamie. Was it hard to learn what you can and can't do without drinking? He seems like he can be fun.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I wanna buy a emote to change the way my character join the big lobby.

All that hip swaying around make me uncomfortable.

• Haha
Reactions: naw