The Official Street Fighter 6 thread! We Open world fighting now?!

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Just made it to diamond.

Imo this is probably the GOAT fighting game. But I do have a few gripes:

- Drive rush needs to be toned down for certain characters. Dee Jays drive rush is basically a teleport and is damn near unreactable unless you’re anticipating it and have frame perfect timing.

- I’m cool with specials not being confirmable off a single hit like in V. I like that you have to commit to your offense. However, I do think the cancel window should be more lenient for drive rush. Confirming a CRMK into DR is pretty clunky and inconsistent because you have to return to neutral before doing the dash input and by then you often miss the cancel window.

- Anti-airing with normal attacks feels really weird and inconsistent in this game. In V even if you sucked at hitting DPs consistently you could anti-air 95% of the casts moves using easy inputs like, for example, Ken’s CRHP. In this game I’ve found that you have to space yourself out very nicely to get CRHP to connect, otherwise they’ll sail right over you for a cross up. What’s weird is many times, even with proper spacing I’ve seen CRHP just phase through characters and not hit them, resulting in me getting hit. Or we’ll trade. It’s unreliable to the point I just go for DPs or block if I can’t react in time.

- Inputs seem to get eaten a lot in this game. There are a lot of times I’ll attempt to do some action like jump, or do a special move and it simply won’t come out. I thought I was bugging but even pros are noticing and complaining about this.

- Manon’s medals should either reset every round or at the very least, reset for the tiebreaker round.

- I don’t find JP’s zoning to be as oppressive or annoying as everyone says but I do think his buttons are too good. No reason a zoner as strong as him should also be able to play close quarters fairly well.

- Blanka, Honda, and Dhalsim need to never return for next iterations of this franchise. They’re absolutely swagless characters that no one cares about and their game plan is boring to play and annoying as fukk to fight against.

1. I agree with DeeJay's drive rush actually. It's oppressive. I literally have his set on my Avatar because of that and HP being so good.

2. Eh, I'm fine with it's window it shouldn't be the easiest to do. DR is what separates the lower tiers from Plat/Diamond.

3. NGL, this might be the easiest SF to anti-air in I've seen lol.

4. I've noticed it too. Perhaps some adjustments to the input buffering can fix it.

5. Nah, you can't take Manon's medals. You'd make her either scuffed or even more busted. To offset the medals, you'd have to buff her command throws at each level...which might fukk around and make her STRONGER. If anything you'd have to get rid of her vacuum normals or nerf LP grab distance. Either way, that's not a big enough change IMO. She's just a pub stomper.

6. His zoning is whatever, but the fact his forward HK is one of the best anti-air normals in the game and he's got overhead/low mixup target combos is kinda goofy.

7. Blanka is low-key fantastic in this game, Honda is also a pub stomper and there's no way you get rid of Sim. If there's one I'd say ditch it's Honda, I woulda much rather that slot go to Sagat, Karin or Vega.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
7. Blanka is low-key fantastic in this game, Honda is also a pub stomper and there's no way you get rid of Sim. If there's one I'd say ditch it's Honda, I woulda much rather that slot go to Sagat, Karin or Vega.
My main problem is that the 4 kings are better than blanka, honda, sim but they don't get the same love :mjcry:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I noticed that last night, I was thinking to myself there’s no way I’m fukkin up Manon’s command grab that bad. Cmd should always have priority over normals.

Yeah, I thought this was always the case with SF and having Gief's EX 360 actually beating all other command grabs even.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
This game ain't set in Harlem breh
Like what kind of fighter is duke tryin to be with all that flamboyant movement. I never seen a fighter move that way in my Life just standing idle. They need to allow us to change those stances. ASAP

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Hey coli brehs?

Did you guys respect anybody who uses modern control against classic control in the battle hub? I saw someone using modern control vs classic and he won like he was the shyt. It was a close fight. I always felt like using modern control is a cheat code :scust:

Some people have disabilities, physically or neurologically, so I'm cool with it being there to help people enjoy the game.

I feel the future of fighting games is a modern, streamlined approach to controls anyway. Some of these motions are cumbersome and stupid.

Fighting games should be primarily about strategy, timing, and reads, not inputting some goofy motion to get a move to come out. It's alienating and makes folks not want to check the genre out.

Granblue Fantasy Versus is one of the GOAT fighting games IMO and does a great job of highlighting how simple commands can work when done right.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Just made it to diamond.

Imo this is probably the GOAT fighting game. But I do have a few gripes:

- Drive rush needs to be toned down for certain characters. Dee Jays drive rush is basically a teleport and is damn near unreactable unless you’re anticipating it and have frame perfect timing.

- I’m cool with specials not being confirmable off a single hit like in V. I like that you have to commit to your offense. However, I do think the cancel window should be more lenient for drive rush. Confirming a CRMK into DR is pretty clunky and inconsistent because you have to return to neutral before doing the dash input and by then you often miss the cancel window.

- Anti-airing with normal attacks feels really weird and inconsistent in this game. In V even if you sucked at hitting DPs consistently you could anti-air 95% of the casts moves using easy inputs like, for example, Ken’s CRHP. In this game I’ve found that you have to space yourself out very nicely to get CRHP to connect, otherwise they’ll sail right over you for a cross up. What’s weird is many times, even with proper spacing I’ve seen CRHP just phase through characters and not hit them, resulting in me getting hit. Or we’ll trade. It’s unreliable to the point I just go for DPs or block if I can’t react in time.

- Inputs seem to get eaten a lot in this game. There are a lot of times I’ll attempt to do some action like jump, or do a special move and it simply won’t come out. I thought I was bugging but even pros are noticing and complaining about this.

- Manon’s medals should either reset every round or at the very least, reset for the tiebreaker round.

- I don’t find JP’s zoning to be as oppressive or annoying as everyone says but I do think his buttons are too good. No reason a zoner as strong as him should also be able to play close quarters fairly well.

- Blanka, Honda, and Dhalsim need to never return for next iterations of this franchise. They’re absolutely swagless characters that no one cares about and their game plan is boring to play and annoying as fukk to fight against.

- I understand the ideology behind losing drive meter for blocking. It’s to prevent turtling and it works fairly well. However I think it punishes players for playing defense a little too much. The amount of meter you lose off a block should either be toned down or there should be some kind of threshold that needs to be hit, like blocking 3 straight times, to cause the meter to start to deplete.

Sounds like I’m complaining but truly I’m in love with this game. Just sharing my thoughts after dealing with the brutal hell that is ranked for the past week.

What's your fight code? I'm looking for stronger players.

I agree with all your points except one - that Manon thing.

The character would be TERRIBLE if her medal count reset after every round breh.

Ya'll be hating characters and just asking for crushing nerfs without even pausing to think how they'd affect things.

Right now she's considered very strong, but right below S tier. So her tool kit is powerful but has holes.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
When you lose 3 ranked sets in a row, finally get a win and hear the victory music

uzd20.jpg

Last edited:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Some people have disabilities, physically or neurologically, so I'm cool with it being there to help people enjoy the game.

I feel the future of fighting games is a modern, streamlined approach to controls anyway. Some of these motions are cumbersome and stupid.

Fighting games should be primarily about strategy, timing, and reads, not inputting some goofy motion to get a move to come out. It's alienating and makes folks not want to check the genre out.

Granblue Fantasy Versus is one of the GOAT fighting games IMO and does a great job of highlighting how simple commands can work when done right.
No. Taking hand-eye coordination and dexterity out of fighting games makes it some lame shyt like DOTA or whatever. If you want that, play Final Fantasy Tactics.