The Official Street Fighter 6 thread! We Open world fighting now?!

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
No. Taking hand-eye coordination and dexterity out of fighting games makes it some lame shyt like DOTA or whatever. If you want that, play Final Fantasy Tactics.

None of that changes by simplifying controls. Still need hand-eye coordination and still need to be have high dexterity.

dragon punch, 360, and semi circle motions aren't needed to make fighting games what they are. It's fake depth, and the sooner it's gone the better.

Melee is probably the hardest fighting game in the world despite all of it's moves being accessible with a direction and a button.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Heh.

I think there's too many characters with too many plus blockstrings for the drive meter to operate this way also, I think what Capcom wants to do do is use alpha counter (drive reversal) more often to get them off you but it's too expensive meter wise. Gonna be interesting to see how it all gets balanced.
There's actually hardly any blockstrings in 6. This is a direct response to how oppressive offense was in 5. What happens a lot in fgs I've noticed is a lot of nikkas assume thing are strings that are actually fake. SF6 is built around fake strings and conditioned pressure.

Now in Burnout strings ARE real, but outside of that you're probably being knowledge checked to death

And sure they want you to use alpha counter, but based on design it's apparent that they want you to use parry which means being more present about the scramble you're in.

Last edited:

TrifeGod

Chasing The Dragon
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
I finally tried rank out and after my set matches they put me in Gold, I took an L to a rush down Juri while I was using Manon, it's straight though

Does anyone know how the rank to point system is in SF6? I can't find a chart anywhere. I'm pretty sure I can get to Plat in a few hours since the Gold players I've fought feel like Bronze

StreetFighter6Ranks2.webp

I found this shyt but I want to know the numbers

Last edited:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
There's actually hardly any blockstrings in 6. This is a direct response to how oppressive offense was in 5. What happens a lot in fgs I've noticed is a lot of nikkas assume thing are strings that are actually fake. SF6 is built around fake strings and conditioned pressure.

Now in Burnout strings ARE real, but outside of that you're probably being knowledge checked to death
Makes sense

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
None of that changes by simplifying controls. Still need hand-eye coordination and still need to be have high dexterity.

dragon punch, 360, and semi circle motions aren't needed to make fighting games what they are. It's fake depth, and the sooner it's gone the better.

Melee is probably the hardest fighting game in the world despite all of it's moves being accessible with a direction and a button.
There are low execution characters. Like any "sport", natural gifts will help those who have them. Life ain't fair. Modern controls are controversial enough, we don't need fighters dumbed down more. Zangief's CA should have some difficulty to pull off, it's high risk/high reward. All what you're suggesting will do is make the game more homogenized, which will kill the fun faster. It will all be who has the best tools, and who gets caught first. 1 or 2 braindead characters will eclipse everything.

And Smash:hhh:isn't a fighting game.

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're out of your mind if you don't think Manon needs to nerfed. The fact she can combo into a level 5 grab is insanity. That shyt damn near made me break my controller.

Also I use Modern controls :yeshrug: SF combo system I never understood. It's only fighting game series I seriously tried to play but since SF4 onward I couldn't get that shyt down.

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
Once they give us the option to change the language I’ll hop online and run it w anybody anyone know how to do that w/o redownloading

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
There are low execution characters. Like any "sport", natural gifts will help those who have them. Life ain't fair. Modern controls are controversial enough, we don't need fighters dumbed down more. Zangief's CA should have some difficulty to pull off, it's high risk/high reward. All what you're suggesting will do is make the game more homogenized, which will kill the fun faster. It will all be who has the best tools, and who gets caught first. 1 or 2 braindead characters will eclipse everything.

And Smash:hhh:isn't a fighting game.

You shoulda put Smash isn't a fighting game at the top so I could stop reading there breh.

TrifeGod

Chasing The Dragon
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
You're out of your mind if you don't think Manon needs to nerfed. The fact she can combo into a level 5 grab is insanity. That shyt damn near made me break my controller.

Also I use Modern controls :yeshrug: SF combo system I never understood. It's only fighting game series I seriously tried to play but since SF4 onward I couldn't get that shyt down.

You admit to not understanding the combo system, this is why you're getting grabbed......has nothing to do with Manon or any other grappler.

Two days ago I had had to breakdown SF6 to a friend who had issues with Manon and Gief.

At the end of the day I told him look, fighting games ain't for everyone, if you can't react in 25-40 frames:francis:
Tokido is using modern controls with Luke and is reacting in the first 10-15 frames:francis:

People gotta start running FT10s FT20 FT50s before complaining, I don't think new players are trying to learn, they want instant gratification just like 09ers when SF4 came out

Protect Manon at all cost.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
@Jasonmask
If your on PC from the Mode Select Screen go to the main Menu hitting Tab. IDK what it is on console.
Go to options(hexagon with a wrench)
Go to Language like the image below. Display Language is the option you need to change. Go to the second option on the right. Back out if you get prompted select the option on the left. Hit confirm again and back out completely. Let the game reload and the text will be in English.

SF6-Language-1.png

Make sure to change the Voice and the Battle Hub language. Follow images below.

SF6-Language-1.png

SF6-Language-3.png

Its alright I know what you're going through. My shyt was in Japanese when I downloaded it and was hitting every fukking button in language so I can play the game:russ:

nairdas

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You admit to not understanding the combo system, this is why you're getting grabbed......has nothing to do with Manon or any other grappler.

Two days ago I had had to breakdown SF6 to a friend who had issues with Manon and Gief.

At the end of the day I told him look, fighting games ain't for everyone, if you can't react in 25-40 frames:francis:
Tokido is using modern controls with Luke and is reacting in the first 10-15 frames:francis:

People gotta start running FT10s FT20 FT50s before complaining, I don't think new players are trying to learn, they want instant gratification just like 09ers when SF4 came out

Protect Manon at all cost.
You mistake me. I don't understand how to pull it off but I know what's going on in any fighting game. You should never, ever be able to combo into a command grab. And combo into a powered up command grab no less? Nah. Capcom is gonna rape her.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
You mistake me. I don't understand how to pull it off but I know what's going on in any fighting game. You should never, ever be able to combo into a command grab. And combo into a powered up command grab no less? Nah. Capcom is gonna rape her.
There's been combos into command grabs in multiple capcom games

I do think manon will be toned down a bit but I like the philosophy of "don't get grabbed fool"

nairdas

Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's been combos into command grabs in multiple capcom games

I do think manon will be toned down a bit but I like the philosophy of "don't get grabbed fool"
But.. You're gonna get grabbed tho so it's pointless to say that. You're not gonna perfect every Manon.

And what games could you combo into a command grab cause I'm drawing a blank. I know there are games where there are crazy setups that look like combos into a command grab but they are not actually combos.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
SF combo system I never understood. It's only fighting game series I seriously tried to play but since SF4 onward I couldn't get that shyt down.
Same, alot of combos and directional inputs in street fighter has always felt awkward to me. I gotta stick to simple characters like ryu because i could never reliably execute moves with complex characters like vega.

I think developers are starting to understand that alot of casuals use controllers, and alot of the more complex inputs don't really feel natural on controllers.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
But.. You're gonna get grabbed tho so it's pointless to say that. You're not gonna perfect every Manon.

And what games could you combo into a command grab cause I'm drawing a blank. I know there are games where there are crazy setups that look like combos into a command grab but they are not actually combos.
Mvc has a few, obviously mk does it and I wanna say arcsys has comboable command grabs as well but I believe the ones that do double as supers