The Official Street Fighter 6 thread! We Open world fighting now?!

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Ok so i finally labbed some shyt and I'm understanding how to deal with the scrub shyt a bit more now. Still getting my ass kicked by Cammy and Kim..
I held my own against some diamond players in a lobby but it was against characters like Gief and Ryu lmao.

Marisa is kinda cheesy in her own right i wont lie lmao. Got to get my parrying alot tighter honestly. But yea they started me at plat 4. Dropped to plat 2 lol now I'm at plat 5.

Last edited:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
@Khalil's_Black_Excellence I saw your invite, teaching the homie how to play in training. Then gonna let him run some casuals or rank. I'm down for games once he leaves, prob like a hour or 2
Aite. I should be around still. May possibly have a small lobby (3-4 people) going as well. You down to join as well.

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
Losing a match due to the game rolling back is some bullshyt. :stopitslime: I clearly just saw the level 3 animation play now it shows them jumping it and beating me :camby:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

These drive impact cowards are sickening

I really hope they have more extreme lobbies that don't have this trash enabled.

@chkmeout come get knocked out like this dude

Last edited:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Ranked to silver 5.

Anti spam tactics

Spamming fireballs and you're a grown man. Pathetic

Last edited:

360Waves

2 girls and they get along like I'm Lou Will
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Just made it to diamond.

Imo this is probably the GOAT fighting game. But I do have a few gripes:

- Drive rush needs to be toned down for certain characters. Dee Jays drive rush is basically a teleport and is damn near unreactable unless you’re anticipating it and have frame perfect timing.

- I’m cool with specials not being confirmable off a single hit like in V. I like that you have to commit to your offense. However, I do think the cancel window should be more lenient for drive rush. Confirming a CRMK into DR is pretty clunky and inconsistent because you have to return to neutral before doing the dash input and by then you often miss the cancel window.

- Anti-airing with normal attacks feels really weird and inconsistent in this game. In V even if you sucked at hitting DPs consistently you could anti-air 95% of the casts moves using easy inputs like, for example, Ken’s CRHP. In this game I’ve found that you have to space yourself out very nicely to get CRHP to connect, otherwise they’ll sail right over you for a cross up. What’s weird is many times, even with proper spacing I’ve seen CRHP just phase through characters and not hit them, resulting in me getting hit. Or we’ll trade. It’s unreliable to the point I just go for DPs or block if I can’t react in time.

- Inputs seem to get eaten a lot in this game. There are a lot of times I’ll attempt to do some action like jump, or do a special move and it simply won’t come out. I thought I was bugging but even pros are noticing and complaining about this.

- Manon’s medals should either reset every round or at the very least, reset for the tiebreaker round.

- I don’t find JP’s zoning to be as oppressive or annoying as everyone says but I do think his buttons are too good. No reason a zoner as strong as him should also be able to play close quarters fairly well.

- Blanka, Honda, and Dhalsim need to never return for next iterations of this franchise. They’re absolutely swagless characters that no one cares about and their game plan is boring to play and annoying as fukk to fight against.

- I understand the ideology behind losing drive meter for blocking. It’s to prevent turtling and it works fairly well. However I think it punishes players for playing defense a little too much. The amount of meter you lose off a block should either be toned down or there should be some kind of threshold that needs to be hit, like blocking 3 straight times, to cause the meter to start to deplete.

Sounds like I’m complaining but truly I’m in love with this game. Just sharing my thoughts after dealing with the brutal hell that is ranked for the past week.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
- Drive rush needs to be toned down for certain characters. Dee Jays drive rush is basically a teleport and is damn near unreactable unless you’re anticipating it and have frame perfect timing.

Agreed, it's way too good in neutral as is, the cancellable version is fine, but raw drive rush is way too good right now, and it changes move properties, it'll beat out nearly every button you press in reaction to it if you aren't a good distance away. Dee Jay, Kim and Juri in particular seem to have amazing ones that dominate.

- Anti-airing with normal attacks feels really weird and inconsistent in this game. In V even if you sucked at hitting DPs consistently you could anti-air 95% of the casts moves using easy inputs like, for example, Ken’s CRHP. In this game I’ve found that you have to space yourself out very nicely to get CRHP to connect, otherwise they’ll sail right over you for a cross up. What’s weird is many times, even with proper spacing I’ve seen CRHP just phase through characters and not hit them, resulting in me getting hit. Or we’ll trade. It’s unreliable to the point I just go for DPs or block if I can’t react in time.

I feel like has been the case the entire time since sf crossed over into 3d in 4. They make dps invincible to air attacks so youll have to condition yourself to actually use antiair specials.
- Inputs seem to get eaten a lot in this game. There are a lot of times I’ll attempt to do some action like jump, or do a special move and it simply won’t come out. I thought I was bugging but even pros are noticing and complaining about this.

I've noticed this too, but i think there's startup frames when your jumping where you're still grounded, instead of airborne, so I think that's the culprit. Before this game if you held up and got hit out of it you'd get smacked back to the ground, but it doesn't seem like that happens now, you just get hit as if you never jumped. Might be wrong on this but that's what im theorizing after seeing it happen a lot.
- I don’t find JP’s zoning to be as oppressive or annoying as everyone says but I do think his buttons are too good. No reason a zoner as strong as him should also be able to play close quarters fairly well.

He's actually not an oppressive zoner nor is his buttons good as me and @Aveda discussed. It may take time for it to get exposed.

- Blanka, Honda, and Dhalsim need to never return for next iterations of this franchise. They’re absolutely swagless characters that no one cares about and their game plan is boring to play and annoying as fukk to fight against.

Heh.
- I understand the ideology behind losing drive meter for blocking. It’s to prevent turtling and it works fairly well. However I think it punishes players for playing defense a little too much. The amount of meter you lose off a block should either be toned down or there should be some kind of threshold that needs to be hit, like blocking 3 straight times, to cause the meter to start to deplete.

I think there's too many characters with too many plus blockstrings for the drive meter to operate this way also, I think what Capcom wants to do do is use alpha counter (drive reversal) more often to get them off you but it's too expensive meter wise. Gonna be interesting to see how it all gets balanced.