The Official Stand-Up Comedy Thread.

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:)
Damn homie, that was a tough watch.

Real thoughts? For one don't get shyt faced before your set maybe a good buzz.

U seemed very flustered but I can only imagine, shyt is nerve racking I'm sure. I don't find u funny but I think u got potential. The Scooby jokes were bad need to scrap that unless u improvised it.

Once u get some solid material u can get some laughs. Keep grinding.

word. i went against all my typical rules. we got the world series of comedy here this week so about 20 extra people came and sorta shyt on this mic and then bounced. i was actually kinda pissed about a few other things going down too. thanks tho! i just wanted to post a failure and see what ppl thought.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
word. i went against all my typical rules. we got the world series of comedy here this week so about 20 extra people came and sorta shyt on this mic and then bounced. i was actually kinda pissed about a few other things going down too. thanks tho! i just wanted to post a failure and see what ppl thought.
Much props for having the guts to post this stuff.

I worked with an amateur comedian we became homies he was good at voices and impressions but had no material. I wrote him a set that was pretty good but he didn't like it lol..anyway he got married and quit his comedy dream, dude was talented tho. Don't quit.

I still write comedy but don't have the balls to perform it.

NonPareil

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Much props for having the guts to post this stuff.

I worked with an amateur comedian we became homies he was good at voices and impressions but had no material. I wrote him a set that was pretty good but he didn't like it lol..anyway he got married and quit his comedy dream, dude was talented tho. Don't quit.

I still write comedy but don't have the balls to perform it.
Lol just try it once. Its worth doing. The worst that can happen is some pe ople you'll never see again dont laugh

NonPareil

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was laughing most at the train wreck and your composure through it. The material was rough. Your opener seems to work really well for you

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
sometimes i wonder if LBJ is that crazy guy who goes to open mics and people just look at him like :wtf: this guy is crazy

the combination of that drunk video and the "you might be doing these same jokes the rest of your life" advice is what makes me think that.

illwittdeez

aka Breh Wyatt
Daps
Reppin
Da Yo 330, Ohio
I took part in my homeboy's birthday roast last night man some nikkaz got the business I didn't know a lot of the roasters but still did ok. If yall ever get the opportunity to do one take it, it's a wild experience!

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:)
sometimes i wonder if LBJ is that crazy guy who goes to open mics and people just look at him like :wtf: this guy is crazy

the combination of that drunk video and the "you might be doing these same jokes the rest of your life" advice is what makes me think that.

yes. i am that guy. but i work hard on my crazy. i just have to drink less. that shyt was rare but it had to be done.

NonPareil

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@ugksam why would you not record yourself? If you don't have the help I understand, but even just having audio feedback is huge to work on your stuff and see what's working or needs tweaked

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
@ugksam why would you not record yourself? If you don't have the help I understand, but even just having audio feedback is huge to work on your stuff and see what's working or needs tweaked
i dont have a video camera or an audio recorder (phone is a piece of shyt, so it wont work) and also i dont like to watch myself on video or hear my voice being played back to me.

people keep telling me i need to record myself, idk i dont think its that important for me right now, i have a very improv based style and i feel like being over prepared doesnt help my material.

NonPareil

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel that. I hate the sound of my own voice, but going back in has helped a lot as far as making adjustments. Do you brehthren