The Official Stand-Up Comedy Thread.

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:)
The drug jokes saved your life breh...:russ:

I was about to throw rotten tomatoes at my laptop screen...

that's why i saved them for last. it's been a crazy summer because i've gotten a lot better in such a short period of time and i'm still getting it together. i was scared as fukk in that room in ATL so when i got back to vegas, i started going up on stage almost every night, sometimes twice.

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
tryin some character work tonight. hopefully this is as funny as i think it is. this is the first character/sketch i've ever had complete control of so this should be interesting.

NonPareil

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
tryin some character work tonight. hopefully this is as funny as i think it is. this is the first character/sketch i've ever had complete control of so this should be interesting.
Larry the cable guy as a gay black man?

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Larry the cable guy as a gay black man?

:ohhh: lmao. that sounds so bad.

no i just did a public service announcement from the ''church of alcoholism''. i did it like a militant black man and instead of 'whitey' holdin us back it was 'the sober man'. i got more people looking than laughing. at least they listened.

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
been gettin a weird kinda stage fright lately. i haven't been bombing but i've just been feeling a lot of pressure before hitting the stage. i got a new 10 minutes to try out later this week and a coupla mics in between. i've also been meeting a lot of cool people and i feel kinda stressed because i want to keep up the pace and make sure this comedy thing takes me somewhere. i did a benefit show the other night because someone cancelled. it was cool that i filled the spot and i got a good reaction. weird show tho! it was a rock show with a few comics in between so it was an uphill battle from the start to get ppl to pay attention. i did ok and meet some cool folks, too.

i just wanna stay sharp! i want to get this shyt while it's gooooood.

NelsonSwagdela

All Star
Daps
I'm going to post my very first one it was a fundraiser for special olympics and I crossed the line big time. I also spent the week before hand partying and not preparing till about an hour before I got on stage. there was about 140 people there and I knew maybe 40 people so I did throw in some inside jokes yall wont get about my self. Don't be to mean

NonPareil

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm going to post my very first one it was a fundraiser for special olympics and I crossed the line big time. I also spent the week before hand partying and not preparing till about an hour before I got on stage. there was about 140 people there and I knew maybe 40 people so I did throw in some inside jokes yall wont get about my self. Don't be to mean

Pretty good. I laughe'd a lot. Youve got natural timing. Only real criticism is that you needed notes

NelsonSwagdela

All Star
Daps
Pretty good. I laughe'd a lot. Youve got natural timing. Only real criticism is that you needed notes

No doubt. I didn't plan on using the notes but after I saw how many people showed up and how many drinks I had I got so nervous. I actually worked it into a joke before they started filming, kinda like a anti joke thing so it actually worked out, and a lot of people came up to me afterwards and told me they had found it funny. The counting of the joke was where I got some of my biggest laughs. Plus I was so nervous I couldn't even read the notes, so I wasn't even really using them. But I feel you on the notes thing.

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

i'm still watching but i got halfway which i see as the turn. those jokes are funny, dude. you've got a good vibe. without the notes i probably would have lost it during your whole set tbh. im not hating tho. i'm actually very impressed. great job.

NelsonSwagdela

All Star
Daps
@NelsonSwagdela that big about your parents, especially your mom was pretty damn solid, too!

Hey man I appreciate it. Yeah once I got to the jokes I knew, the ones about my parents it became easier. I still stumbled though and didnt deliver exactly how I wanted. Your guys comments definitely help. Anything besides someone telling you, you flat out suck should be advice you can use. Thanks brehs

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
just checkin in. got some new ish to write and it's not going very well imo.

also, wondering if anyone would be interested in started/has started a member group on here for comics?