The Official Stand-Up Comedy Thread.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Yeah even when you're just telling a story or saying something you gotta get there with jokes. Try adding misdirection, i.e. making the crowd think you're going one way at the beginning of the joke and then say something they're not expecting. That'll help the punchlines come.

Yeah I'm having so much trouble with misdirection. Anthony Jeselnik is so great it.

Mook

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
I'm getting so much better.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Funny coincidence seeing this thread get upped when i was just chillin in a new comedy club that opened in yonkers earlier today. Was chilling talking to the owner and i might hit the stage on amateur hour soon but i def want to have a good amount of material to work with for a diverse crowd

Mook

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Funny coincidence seeing this thread get upped when i was just chillin in a new comedy club that opened in yonkers earlier today. Was chilling talking to the owner and i might hit the stage on amateur hour soon but i def want to have a good amount of material to work with for a diverse crowd

Doesn't matter. Write whatever trash 5 minutes you can and just do it.

Mook

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh

I've had a couple killer sets in a row with a new bit I wrote this week. Feels good, man. Got a show on sunday, gonna see if I can get some video of it for yall

just did the manager's pick showcase at the local club, was thankful to get on it. Its basically an audition to host for a weekend, i did pretty well, we'll see what happens.

Last night me and my boy went to an "open stage" at a lesbian bar, just to see how it went. shyt was the best time of my life LOL

We were the only people doing comedy, everything else was drag queens, burlesque dancers or singers, my dude got booed and heckled which had me dying. I actually ended up having a pretty good set.

@yuffie

Yall still doing this?

Mook

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh

I've had a couple killer sets in a row with a new bit I wrote this week. Feels good, man. Got a show on sunday, gonna see if I can get some video of it for yall

just did the manager's pick showcase at the local club, was thankful to get on it. Its basically an audition to host for a weekend, i did pretty well, we'll see what happens.

Last night me and my boy went to an "open stage" at a lesbian bar, just to see how it went. shyt was the best time of my life LOL

We were the only people doing comedy, everything else was drag queens, burlesque dancers or singers, my dude got booed and heckled which had me dying. I actually ended up having a pretty good set.

@yuffie

Yall still doing this?

Mook

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
bruh its 7 months in and i still aint got a real show invite :mjcry:

Mook

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Yeah even when you're just telling a story or saying something you gotta get there with jokes. Try adding misdirection, i.e. making the crowd think you're going one way at the beginning of the joke and then say something they're not expecting. That'll help the punchlines come.

Still in the game?

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Showtime got this new show out called "Im Dying Up Here"
the pilot episode on is on Showtime Anytime now for anyone interested
its looks pretty good

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
So I started doing stand-up. I think I'm ready to take my show on the road. I'll do a set right now cuz I'm like that...

So uh... 3 asain dudes walk into a bar
:laff:

Deez nikkaz got slanted eyes and shyt, and they don't even serve saki :mjlol:

My man's threw an Apple at one of them and it hit him in the head, HE DIDN'T EVEN KARATE CHOP IT :deadmanny:

play nioh brehs :francis:

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
My parents went to the Chris Rock show in Atlanta on Saturday. Said it wasn't as funny as some of his older stand up but good none the less. Said he was talking a lot about his personal life and cheating on his wife. Said he was smashing one of the members of destiny's child too. He said it wasn't beyonce though.