The Official Stand-Up Comedy Thread.

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
I'm a fukking square :mjcry:

Breh do you know how many low self esteem having motherfukkers get on stage and kill talking about their NetFlix queue, bytches curving them, the nasty lunch they ate and jacking off too much? It's not about living James Bond, it's about finding the funny in your life and framing it in a way that people can relate to.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Anyone ever thought of moving to NYC?

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm surprised there are so few comedians on this site, you'd think all these clowns are doing stand up.

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brehs, I'm living my dream right now. Finally got something I can call my own that goes from the page to an actual production. Check out the first episode of "Blowed Up" my web series. Second episode drops this weekend and guest stars Lynne Koplitz, a comic who was in Top Five, hosted Change of Heart, has had half hour specials, worked with Joan Rivers and is in Louie's new web show.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Brehs, I'm living my dream right now. Finally got something I can call my own that goes from the page to an actual production. Check out the first episode of "Blowed Up" my web series. Second episode drops this weekend and guest stars Lynne Koplitz, a comic who was in Top Five, hosted Change of Heart, has had half hour specials, worked with Joan Rivers and is in Louie's new web show.

Pete Wrigley

Twerk, Petunia, Twerk!
Supporter
Daps
FINALLY WENT UP! TWICE :blessed:

How do you make friends at open mics?

Props breh :salute:

When I did stand-up way back when, I would usually just tell another comic that they did a great job, tell them what I liked and even provide a critique or some advice to help polish some of their jokes.

Side note, Dave Chappelle was in town this past week but tickets were $200 :wtf:

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
I gotta start posting in here more. Applied to the Burbank Comedy Festival last week. They're selecting about 300 comics and make the announcements today.

EDIT:

Didn't get in. On to the next one.

Last edited:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
I bombed so hard on Thursday. Made me realize I don't have actual punchlines.

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
I bombed so hard on Thursday. Made me realize I don't have actual punchlines.

Yeah even when you're just telling a story or saying something you gotta get there with jokes. Try adding misdirection, i.e. making the crowd think you're going one way at the beginning of the joke and then say something they're not expecting. That'll help the punchlines come.