The Official Stand-Up Comedy Thread.

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
Just got back from the Comedy Store and saw Neal Brennan, Marc Maron, Ralphie May and a bunch of other people. Was front and center so caught a fair amount of shyt through the night lol.

As I left, Ralphie May was sitting in his convertible getting ready to bounce and chopped it up with my group cuz we were good sports during his set. I told him the video he did talking about the comedy game got me started in standup. He shook my hand, asked my name and told me to hang out at the comedy store and say hi next time I see him.

It was a good night

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:)
What is y'alls week looking like? I'll probably go hard massaging old material and trying new jokes that I wrote but haven't tried on stage yet.
In la today and tomorrow. Then maybe az fot the second half of the week. Tryna get in anywhere. Especially if it pays but :yeshrug:

NonPareil

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did two spots tonight. Went to do a third but that bytch was empty when I got there. Both went well and I have some cool jokes I'm trying to work on. Probably going to hit 3 spots tomorrow evening.
You have any of your sets recorded? I haven't filmed anything new in awhile, waiting until after this contest to get back into new bits

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
You have any of your sets recorded? I haven't filmed anything new in awhile, waiting until after this contest to get back into new bits

I've been taping all my sets on my phone. Planning to put together like a 5 minute video at the end of the month so I can submit it to this club out here to start getting booked there. I'll hit ya'll with it when I compile my footage over the next couple weeks and edit it.

What's happening with the contest?

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Open mic was bizarre tonight. Mic fukked up so we had to yell out our sets. People stopped paying attention but I still got some laughs. Bounced to go to another one but it was cancelled. Holidays are coming so seems like people in LA are getting lazy and shutting down for the year.