The Official Stand-Up Comedy Thread.

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:)
12 hours ago i wouldnt have been able to tell you when the last time i bombed was, then last night i had 2 really unsatisfying sets that completely destroyed my confidence about this new material ive been doing all week and i got a show tonight and im worryed now :lupe:
lol. just do what works man. i bombed for the first time in awhile on wednesday.:to:

every good comic bombs.

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:lupe: I'm hosting a DVD recording tonight. I didnt know that they still made DVDs.

I open mic so much that I forgot how much I love doing my A naterial. :blessed:

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
:lupe: I'm hosting a DVD recording tonight. I didnt know that they still made DVDs.

I open mic so much that I forgot how much I love doing my A naterial. :blessed:
how did it go?

i got most of my confidence back tonight :whew:

NonPareil

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
hey what up good to see you guys are doing well, im also improving in my game and slightly improving my status in the city, i got an offer to run my own monthly show at a local comedy theater starting in about a week http://do512.com/events/2014/9/15/free-beer-sam-harter-s-comedy-challenge-free-beer
Nice! I have found that being a local comic only at this level, running shows is where the money is hiding. I've made more in the last couple months than I have on all the shows I've been on combined. Emceeing/Booking is a fun challenge too. The grind of trying to get people out to the shows though. Ugh.

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nice! I have found that being a local comic only at this level, running shows is where the money is hiding. I've made more in the last couple months than I have on all the shows I've been on combined. Emceeing/Booking is a fun challenge too. The grind of trying to get people out to the shows though. Ugh.

Once you get some regulars that spend money, though :blessed:.

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
hardest part is i gotta fill up this place at 9pm on a monday for $7 (i didnt get to choose the day or price, most good comedy showcases in town are only $5)

NonPareil

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Making moves. I'm running a monthly, a weekly open mic and working on opening a couple other shows at venues. Comedy isnt paying the bills yet, but its definitely filling my gas tank at least lol

Best of Contest next month.

This week I'm going down to NC on vacation and gonna hit a couple mics in Chapel Hill/Raleigh

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
Keep grinding breh. I got a goal to get passed at this spot that does a weekly show by next month. Gotta hit open mics hard and get my best 5 minute sets on video.

That's a tip that helped mentally. Open mics suck sometimes, so it's always good to have a concrete goal check off. I found myself being less motivated with just randomly writing jokes, as opposed to building toward something.

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Went to the comedy store for the first time last night. Had a great time hanging out. Saw a dude get carried out on a stretcher and a bum gave ME a dollar.

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Breh, any good open mic spots in Vegas tomorrow? I'm going to be out there for the night and might try to hit one.

• Blind Tiger – 6295 S Pecos Rd – Sign up with Angie Krum at 8pm, Show at 9pm.
I'll probably be here as well. This is just about the only good one we've got going on wednesdays that I know of. Pros and amatuers. It normally fills up fast but we're really good about putting up visitors. If you want I can inbox you my numbers or add me on facebook (Randall Thompson - my picture is a pic of a spam can). I also run one on thursdays if you get stranded for an extra day. Here's the whole open mic list for you or anybody else that happens to be in town.

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
  • Blind Tiger – 6295 S Pecos Rd – Sign up with Angie Krum at 8pm, Show at 9pm.
I'll probably be here as well. This is just about the only good one we've got going on wednesdays that I know of. Pros and amatuers. It normally fills up fast but we're really good about putting up visitors. If you want I can inbox you my numbers or add me on facebook (Randall Thompson - my picture is a pic of a spam can). I also run one on thursdays if you get stranded for an extra day. Here's the whole open mic list for you or anybody else that happens to be in town.

Bruh, definitely shoot me your info and I'll also add you on Facebook. Not sure what time I'll be in Vegas, but I'll def try to catch this mic. This'll be my third time in Vegas this year, so it'll be good to get familiar with the scene and work out some jokes any time I'm out there. And this way we can link up whenever you're in LA too.