The Official Stand-Up Comedy Thread.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
i just saw hannibal burress live last night, probably the best stand up act I've seen live other than Bill Burr, dude is absolutely fukking hilarious. His act has a great hiphop flavor to it (not just because he's black) but he has a DJ that tours with him that was playing some dope ass hiphop before the show started and he weaves some songs into the actual comedy act

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:)
Caught a fukking bad one at the Garrett Morris show. He hit me with a one liner when I got off stage :whew:

Booker told me I can come back any time tho so I got a new spot to grow.

I was wondering how it went. Right on, man. Sometimes that shyt goes down. I hit a personal lull because i've been killing the local scene but i'm back to being next to nobody on the next level. :yeshrug:

outside of my connections that is.

but on the other side...a lot of this stuff seems to just be all in one's head.

I'm not naming any names because we all have our moments but I just recently saw a pretty hilarious big name get waaaaaay to faded before headlining. i don't ever wanna do that shyt.

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
I was wondering how it went. Right on, man. Sometimes that shyt goes down. I hit a personal lull because i've been killing the local scene but i'm back to being next to nobody on the next level. :yeshrug:

outside of my connections that is.

but on the other side...a lot of this stuff seems to just be all in one's head.

I'm not naming any names because we all have our moments but I just recently saw a pretty hilarious big name get waaaaaay to faded before headlining. i don't ever wanna do that shyt.

Yeah, I went first and couldn't connect with the crowd like I wanted to. I feel you on the lull thing, because I killed with this material all week but feel like I got sent up to the very bottom of the next level with this show.

How are you liking your material lately? A lotta shyt is in our head, you're right. Gotta remind myself that whenever my mind is playing tricks on me :mjcry:

It seems like ya'll have have a great community of comics out there. I get Facebook posts and open miIc invites all the time from Vegas comics since I made my way out there.

Haha, man. Was he or she belligerent or just had a few too many?

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
just did the manager's pick showcase at the local club, was thankful to get on it. Its basically an audition to host for a weekend, i did pretty well, we'll see what happens.

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yeah, I went first and couldn't connect with the crowd like I wanted to. I feel you on the lull thing, because I killed with this material all week but feel like I got sent up to the very bottom of the next level with this show.

How are you liking your material lately? A lotta shyt is in our head, you're right. Gotta remind myself that whenever my mind is playing tricks on me :mjcry:

It seems like ya'll have have a great community of comics out there. I get Facebook posts and open miIc invites all the time from Vegas comics since I made my way out there.

Haha, man. Was he or she belligerent or just had a few too many?

Thanks. I really like the Vegas scene so far and I'm pretty sure this breh just had too many drinks. This city will do that do you if you aren't careful.

just did the manager's pick showcase at the local club, was thankful to get on it. Its basically an audition to host for a weekend, i did pretty well, we'll see what happens.

Yo a dude from your scene came to my mic and got the worst heckling i've ever seen. he handled it well and it was an open mic but it was fukking retarded/hilarious to watch that shyt. I think his name was Austin Silver.

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
Yo a dude from your scene came to my mic and got the worst heckling i've ever seen. he handled it well and it was an open mic but it was fukking retarded/hilarious to watch that shyt. I think his name was Austin Silver.
lmao yeah i know him, he was on the managers showcase too, what happened?

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
lmao yeah i know him, he was on the managers showcase too, what happened?

I met him at a different mic and I invited him to my show. We had a hella low turnout because there was another open mic across town. He was sort of reluctant at first because there was barely anybody there. Then he got on stage and the few patrons (who were friends of the bartender) started heckling him almost incessantly with comments like "You're ears look like dikkS!" and "You look really fukking gaaay!".

He was like "This is the worst place I've ever been!"

So I yelled "You can always just get the fukk off the stage..."

Then he did almost 10 more minutes of angry shyt at this mic in a dive bar. I really hope that didn't put him off to vegas because the bartender and those people have since been essentially 86ed.