The Official Stand-Up Comedy Thread.

NonPareil

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How'd that go last night, @ugksam

I'm going up tonight at one of the better rooms I've found, gonna do about 75% new shyt

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
How'd that go last night, @ugksam

I'm going up tonight at one of the better rooms I've found, gonna do about 75% new shyt
it was actually really fun. the theater was full except for maybe 1 or 2 seats. i ended up taking mushrooms an hour or so before the show so i was full on tripping (which i immediately told the audience the second i got on stage) for the entire show. I barely could remember lines for my sketch but i was really just playing a straight man character so it didnt mess the scene up too much. my first time time doing improv went really good, i had a game where i could only speak in 3 word sentences and my partner could only say 6 word sentences and we basically killed it. then i did 5 minutes of stand up about being high on mushrooms and it went ok, i ended up getting 3rd place overall in the "competition." it was fun.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
It goes by fast when you're up there. How much do you have written? In my experience about a page and a half will get you there with timing
Really? :leon:

No way bro unless you taking long ass timing.

NonPareil

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Really? :leon:

No way bro unless you taking long ass timing.
That's how it works out for me. Youll find when you go up you'll riff some too so that helps time wise.

This harsh ass winter has killed the shows lately. Its a lot of comedians tellings jokes to comedians lately lol

NonPareil

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shyts been bugging me lately. A lot of ppl have been playing a "secret set list" game where they get a random topic from someone and have to do a set on it. There's been so many ass shows lately and people just blame that. Am I taking it too seriously, brehs?

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
bout to see him when he comes to raleigh in march :D
i suggest going to the late show on saturday. Stanhope improv'd his whole set because he said he was tired of doing the same jokes over and over, I like a more organic experience from a comic like Stanhope. I've seen him three times already. Low-key one of the GOATS.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
i suggest going to the late show on saturday. Stanhope improv'd his whole set because he said he was tired of doing the same jokes over and over, I like a more organic experience from a comic like Stanhope. I've seen him three times already. Low-key one of the GOATS.

Dougs a weird one for me. I dont like seeing a genius like that, makes me realize how much I aint shyt.

NonPareil

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Got my first ten minute feature spot coming up thursday. I love being a last minute fill in lol

NonPareil

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Got my first ten minute feature spot coming up thursday. I love being a last minute fill in lol
Ugh, was gonna do a bunch of new material, buddy just informed me theres gonna be some people who book shows there tonight and to do all my safe stuff. Now i feel obligated to try to kill. Gonna bomb, son

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
Ugh, was gonna do a bunch of new material, buddy just informed me theres gonna be some people who book shows there tonight and to do all my safe stuff. Now i feel obligated to try to kill. Gonna bomb, son
if you got new stuff that works do it