The Official Stand-Up Comedy Thread.

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:)
hosted my first open mic night. feels like a hit a milestone. i'm loving this feeling right now. hard work pays off. i just gotta keep networking and being funny (duh) and this should be a great year for me. my 2nd year as a comic has been great.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Im still struggling to come up with five minutes :smh:

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:to: lost my ID so my access to certain mics is restricted for a week or so. damn gaming laws. bah!

i've been hosting more and more, though. and i just started school. i'm wondering if that's going to help or hinder my act. :lupe: thoughts?

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
hosted my open mic tonight, it went well for the first time in a couple weeks

it can be a tough room because of the amount of drunk college kids but it was fun tonight

NonPareil

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Closed the show at a mic tonight. Like 5 people bombed in a row in front of me and the crowd dwindled down. Feels good to get some awkward laughs out of a group like that

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
i showed up to a room to host. and a rock show was already going on.

in my imagination: :bustback::bustback::bustback: :pacspit:

my actual reaction: :ohhh::sad::weirdo::guilty::wtf::rudy::shaq2::duck:

NonPareil

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Coming into my own brehs. Hitting 2-3 mics a week now and starting to see some showcase offers, just gotta work around my schedule

illwittdeez

aka Breh Wyatt
Daps
Reppin
Da Yo 330, Ohio
Coming into my own brehs. Hitting 2-3 mics a week now and starting to see some showcase offers, just gotta work around my schedule
:salute:

I was part of my buddy's show last night at the local Funny Farm I did my thing, after my set the bar owner took my name and number he wants me to do a few more shows with other comedians.

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
hosted my open mic again last night, i almost cancelled it because hardly any comics showed up for sign up and i was tired from work cause im a bytch but instead gave them longer sets and more comics and audience members ended up showing up throughout the show and all in all it was a good time. the owner of the place gave me a small bar tab for hosting for the first time so i think he somewhat likes the show,

im booked for this sketch/improv/stand up comedy competition show that is literally happening at the same time as the super bowl. When i agreed to do the show i had no idea that it was booked on super bowl sunday and i would never have agreed to it if i knew that, my partner and I havent even finished the sketch as of 9 am the day of the show. this whole thing is going to suck, we have an unfinished sketch, ive never done improv before and no one is gonna be at the venue because its super bowl sunday.

:yeshrug: