The Official Stand-Up Comedy Thread.

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
great set man. very consistent. that madden shyt had me :dead:

edit: im from PA. i know that feel, mane.

Thanks homie. Haha, yeah the Madden joke is one of my favorites. And def more opportunity in big cities, glad you feel me on that.

I'm going to have to post in this thread. Feels good to talk to other soldiers in the field and keep each other up on our shyt.

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
last week I did 9 mics for a total of 45 minutes of stage time, i wont be able to hit as many this week cause of work but fukk it. I got booked for another show this past saturday doing comedy rap shyt, it went well for me, talked to a couple of bigger guys in town in the greenroom, they were impressed with my performance :ehh:

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:)
last week I did 9 mics for a total of 45 minutes of stage time, i wont be able to hit as many this week cause of work but fukk it. I got booked for another show this past saturday doing comedy rap shyt, it went well for me, talked to a couple of bigger guys in town in the greenroom, they were impressed with my performance :ehh:

nice. what's up with your homie that was headed out this way? did he do any time here?

NonPareil

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm trying to get more active on social media to get a following, but for some reason I fukking HATE social media for stuff like that lol. All I have is a facebook page and it feels like work trying to drop little jokes on there

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:)
I'm trying to get more active on social media to get a following, but for some reason I fukking HATE social media for stuff like that lol. All I have is a facebook page and it feels like work trying to drop little jokes on there

tweet or blog. video or otherwise, breh.

I'm going to post up in this this thread often to keep myself accountable and stay on my shyt. Hit a mic a couple hours ago and it went well :blessed:

Came in with a joke and was able to wing it the rest of the way. Going back tomorrow.

that's one of the best feelings ever. i know that one. i'm just glad that i'm able to do 15-20 minutes with ease now.

my issue is that i don't know what to do if they only give me 3 minutes and i know that's a big thing in LA-la land:lupe:. i have trouble picking my strongest jokes. i want to tell them all everyday.

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
tweet or blog. video or otherwise, breh.

that's one of the best feelings ever. i know that one. i'm just glad that i'm able to do 15-20 minutes with ease now.

my issue is that i don't know what to do if they only give me 3 minutes and i know that's a big thing in LA-la land:lupe:. i have trouble picking my strongest jokes. i want to tell them all everyday.

If you have a few of those burners in your back pocket that always kill, rattle them shyts off. Maybe lead with your second best joke, hit them hard with a story or series of jokes you trust in the middle and then leave them laughing with your best joke. And I don't know how long you've been doing comedy, but we're always verbose when we're starting out, so trimming the fat on your jokes and making sure that you're only using words necessary to get to your point will cut out time and hit harder.

Most of the rooms I do give you 5 minutes. When I feel comfortable enough to try places like the Laugh Factory, I believe they give you a solid 3 minutes.

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
i went to a mic tonight and infront of a lot of pros and guys im tryin to impress (to get on their showcases) bombed fukking horribly. I didn't have anything prepared really and when the host put up the order and i was number 1 and i was like fukk then instead of trying to prepare material i ate a chicken quesadilla and then i went on stage and ate a dikk. I thought about going to another mic tonight and trying to redeem myself so i could feel like the night wasnt a total waste but then I didnt do it because im an idiot so now im just sittin in my apartment alone feelling like im the worst piece of shyt comedian in the entire world. im gonna go to the locker room and troll some guys to feel better about myself.