The Official Stand-Up Comedy Thread.

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
i got on stage for the first time last night without smoking weed before hand, i could tell i could think and speak much better, i riffed my whole set and it went pretty good i pretty much wrote a bit while on stage. then today i thought "that went so well maybe i should not smoke before i go on stage" and then like 30 minutes later my friend the weed man came through with hash wax and i ripped his oil pen like 20 times and then went and did stand up and tried that bit that i riffed last night and it worked again.

maybe i should write sober and then go on stage high

NonPareil

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i got on stage for the first time last night without smoking weed before hand, i could tell i could think and speak much better, i riffed my whole set and it went pretty good i pretty much wrote a bit while on stage. then today i thought "that went so well maybe i should not smoke before i go on stage" and then like 30 minutes later my friend the weed man came through with hash wax and i ripped his oil pen like 20 times and then went and did stand up and tried that bit that i riffed last night and it worked again.

maybe i should write sober and then go on stage high

Once I started going up stone sober I felt a lot sharper but it didn't seem like I was having as much fun. Its a weird gig lol gotta mix it up. Writing though 90% of my ideas come to me at work and get expanded on under the influence

NonPareil

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
just checkin in. got some new ish to write and it's not going very well imo.

also, wondering if anyone would be interested in started/has started a member group on here for comics?
should get a random ass podcast together just for laughs lol

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
thats cool, i would never want to host an open mic, seems like a lot of work.

i had a good week last week, went out 4 times and killed it 3 of those times w/ new material

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:)
well im looking for harder rooms. i really wanna pay these dues and make sure i'm able to play anywhere. im goin after some bigger clubs and some blacker rooms now.

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
i always be thinking of fly funny shyt.. i gotta study how to put in stage form .

ima carry a notepad

that's what i do. the best advice i can offer at this point is to read up a little bit about joke structure, get on stage as much as possible, and to be cool. keep it real, but be nice, breh.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
I'm going to post my very first one it was a fundraiser for special olympics and I crossed the line big time. I also spent the week before hand partying and not preparing till about an hour before I got on stage. there was about 140 people there and I knew maybe 40 people so I did throw in some inside jokes yall wont get about my self. Don't be to mean

Dude, you are funny. Keep at that shyt.

NonPareil

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i always be thinking of fly funny shyt.. i gotta study how to put in stage form .

ima carry a notepad
Go to a show and watch. get an idea of how you want your cadence to be before you write. It helps to have an idea in yoyr head how you want it to sound before you put it down.

Definitely try though. Its fun

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
yo who knows anything about the best way to start a podcast. i really want to do this. it'll be another line on my business cards. lmao.

i'm still working on my brand so it'll be a few weeks but hit me up.

and if you got a couch in LA, help me out :sadcam:. i'm tryna catch the megabus out there soon.

NelsonSwagdela

All Star
Daps
yo who knows anything about the best way to start a podcast. i really want to do this. it'll be another line on my business cards. lmao.

i'm still working on my brand so it'll be a few weeks but hit me up.

and if you got a couch in LA, help me out :sadcam:. i'm tryna catch the megabus out there soon.

Started a pod cast with two of my boys. Learning a lot haven't even dropped it yet. We really want to prepare and make sure we get the formatting down right and sharpen our skills before we start releasing material. We have done tons of practice runs and stuff just to get over the nerves and practice becoming more fluid speakers.

Dropping our first one next week. Ill post it here.