The Official Stand-Up Comedy Thread.

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:)
what's the most time anyone here has done at once? i've done about 12 minutes but tomorrow i'm pushing for 20. basically gonna break it down into 5 minutes on 4 different general topics. a lot of this material has been tested and it's a kind of rowdy room. i think it will be a good learning experience. has anyone else done this much time or more? thoughts/advice?

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
how do we feel about paid stage time?

for example: a colleague of mine is putting on a comedy competition with a $25 buy in. the prize is 200, a bottle, and stage time at a bigger venue. i don't see the point of paying for stage time but i also gamble ha and the prize is worth it. what do y'all think? would you ever do something like this?

NonPareil

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
how do we feel about paid stage time?

for example: a colleague of mine is putting on a comedy competition with a $25 buy in. the prize is 200, a bottle, and stage time at a bigger venue. i don't see the point of paying for stage time but i also gamble ha and the prize is worth it. what do y'all think? would you ever do something like this?

The competition I did two months ago was like that. Ten dollar entry but a chance for exposure. Open mic dudes have no reason to feel entitled IMO. we gotta grind, just gotta weigh if each individual opportunity is worth it

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The competition I did two months ago was like that. Ten dollar entry but a chance for exposure. Open mic dudes have no reason to feel entitled IMO. we gotta grind, just gotta weigh if each individual opportunity is worth it

that's my line of thinking as well. i've done a few benefits and what not but i'm pretty much just out here grindin it out. i did 20 minutes the other night and it was ok. the crowd was feeling me enough to buy drinks and have sex afterwards. ha.

i just feel weird about paying for time but i think this will be a decent investment. it's a good chance to get my name out there to more folks. i need me some more followers and what not.

NonPareil

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel like I've written a joke that makes a postpartum mom killing her baby funny. And that's a good feeling.

Superstar
Daps
Holy shyt, this thread is alive? I started it way back and forgot about it.

I've been doing standup on the reg since February. Took part in the first round of a tournament last night and crushed it, even though it was only a 5 min set.

Anyone from Florida?

NonPareil

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Holy shyt, this thread is alive? I started it way back and forgot about it.

I've been doing standup on the reg since February. Took part in the first round of a tournament last night and crushed it, even though it was only a 5 min set.

Anyone from Florida?
I'm just impressed with how many dudes on here are actually doing it. The coli is legitimately one of the strongest collectives of random ppl on the net lol

Superstar
Daps
I'm just impressed with how many dudes on here are actually doing it. The coli is legitimately one of the strongest collectives of random ppl on the net lol

fukk yeah.

We oughta do some e-workshops, provided people agree not to steal anything.

Slaimon Khan Shah

SLAIMON KHAN SHAH = SHAOLIN MONK/S OF ISLAAM
Daps
Reppin
Denver, Colorado, United States of America
Bismillahir Rahmnir Raheem. In the name of God the Most Beneficent The Most Merciful. It's good to hear that Dave Chappelle is a Muslim. It's sad to see Dave Chappelle Cussing. Someone get the message across to Dave that we are not supposed to cuss in Islam.