The Official Stand-Up Comedy Thread.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Watching all these Cosby specials leading up to his new hour tonight :salute: greatness

Just finished watching Sarah Silverman's new HBO special. I enjoyed it. Onto that new Bill Cosby.

I watch Sarah Silverman first then Cosby. I really liked SS but Cosby had me dying. When he said wives had vision like an all pro cornerback i was dead. Cosby is the King.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just gonna say theres an interview between Robert Townsend (Meteor Man/Parenthood also directed this special and eddie murphy raw) its god damn awesome, any aspiring comedians needs to watch. It's on the t*rr*nt or dvd

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:)
won a contest last night. and i seriously needed that cash. it was mostly improvised and it went well. i'm thinking about giving up the pen for these open mics.

NonPareil

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Writing all new stuff tonight for a mic at a venue I haven't done Weds night. Will try to get it recorded for the brehs

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:)
Bad crowd? No crowd? New bits didn't hit?

crowd full of comics. well...not full. about 10 people. i only had about 2 new minutes and maybe 2 of things i wanted to flesh out. my timing was also off, too. i had a drink before i went on stage, and i hadn't done that in awhile either. i wasn't prepared at all, tbh. i just showed up. they say do as much time as you can, even if you don't want to. that was a night that i really didn't want to tell any jokes but i did anyway.

and it wasn't a hard bomb. i got some laughs.

Superstar
Daps
crowd full of comics. well...not full. about 10 people. i only had about 2 new minutes and maybe 2 of things i wanted to flesh out. my timing was also off, too. i had a drink before i went on stage, and i hadn't done that in awhile either. i wasn't prepared at all, tbh. i just showed up. they say do as much time as you can, even if you don't want to. that was a night that i really didn't want to tell any jokes but i did anyway.

and it wasn't a hard bomb. i got some laughs.

Yeah, crowd full of comics can be kind of a bummer. Especially when half of them leave to go take a smoke break right before your set.

Superstar
Daps
So how about that comedy podcast? Whoever proposed it, I think it'd be an interesting idea.

If not , I think we could at least hold some virtual workshops and test material out on each other. Honor system as far as stealing bits, of course.