The Official Sports Card Discussion Thread

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Barry Bonds rookies are going up i just noticed the 87 Fleer joints going for 500.00 now wtf.

All of these bumps got me thinking about hoarding David Robinson,C-Webb cards anyone whos cheap or borderline HOF from the 90s who still attainable...

Dirk,Nash,Ray Allen,Gary Payton,Jason Kidd etc
Bonds been undervalued for the longest.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Bonds been undervalued for the longest.

While thats true it went from 100.00 to 500.00 in a month...gimme a heads up or suttin.

Thing about all these jumps is theyre unexpected and for no reason,i was looking at the 87 Fleer a month ago.I thought to myself itll be around in a few months it aint going nowhere,hes not playing no more he wont be going to the HOF for at least a year no need to jump on it right now.

Then i turn around for a sip of tang and this shyts thru the cot damn roof :why:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
While thats true it went from 100.00 to 500.00 in a month...gimme a heads up or suttin.

Thing about all these jumps is theyre unexpected and for no reason,i was looking at the 87 Fleer a month ago.I thought to myself itll be around in a few months it aint going nowhere,hes not playing no more he wont be going to the HOF for at least a year no need to jump on it right now.

Then i turn around for a sip of tang and this shyts thru the cot damn roof :why:
I know. I've put off buying any Bonds for ages because the prices barely moved. Someone's manipulating the entire market right now and getting a bunch of people to push prices up in a hurry.

Best bet right now is to identify players or cards of hot players that haven't moved yet and buy before they do.

I bought a Big Hurt Topps PSA 10 RC today in case they're $500 in two weeks. Randy Johnson and Pedro could be two big movers (already ticking up pretty quickly on a few cards).

For basketball I'd peg Dirk. There's no reason Vince should be selling for more than him.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
I know. I've put off buying any Bonds for ages because the prices barely moved. Someone's manipulating the entire market right now and getting a bunch of people to push prices up in a hurry.

Best bet right now is to identify players or cards of hot players that haven't moved yet and buy before they do.

I bought a Big Hurt Topps PSA 10 RC today in case they're $500 in two weeks. Randy Johnson and Pedro could be two big movers (already ticking up pretty quickly on a few cards).

For basketball I'd peg Dirk. There's no reason Vince should be selling for more than him.

I just peeped Vince chromes are going for hundreds now WTF am i sitting on mine for,im gonna start selling i have alot of cards that have spiked..Dat Chris Paul TC i bought 6 months ago for 80.00 is now selling for 350-400 :picard:

Scottie Pippen RCs are going for 500.00 lol It must be because of the documentary theres no other reason that makes sense...and even that dont make sense.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
@Regular_P

Dogg youre actually right about both players Johnson & Pedro i see Gm mnt in triple figures....

What is Pedro's signature rookie is it Bowman,UD or Topps ?

edit: checked the pop rep got my answer.

Last edited:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
@Regular_P

Dogg youre actually right about both players Johnson & Pedro i see Gm mnt in triple figures....

What is Pedro's signature rookie is it Bowman,UD or Topps ?
They both used to be $25-50 not that long ago. :francis:

1992 Bowman and 1992 Leaf for Pedro. His "true" RC is 1991 Upper Deck but it's not nearly as desired as the Bowman and Leaf ones.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
They both used to be $25-50 not that long ago. :francis:

1992 Bowman and 1992 Leaf for Pedro. His "true" RC is 1991 Upper Deck but it's not nearly as desired as the Bowman and Leaf ones.

The 91 UD doesnt feel like a RC because it has that diamond skills logo on it,the 92 card has the star rookies emblem which denotes a truer rookie card...PLus theres so many 91s floating around make me avoid it altogether...the 92 UD Gold hologram has good value,its relatively cheap (30-40.00) and pop is 140 PSA 10 lowest of all of them by a mile...

Last edited:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
The 91 UD doesnt feel like a RC because it has that diamond skills logo on it,the 92 card has the star rookies emblem which denotes a truer rookie card...PLus theres so many 91s floating around make me avoid it altogether...the 92 UD Gold hologram has good value,its relatively cheap (30-40.00) and pop is 140 PSA 10 lowest of all of them by a mile...
Everyone's with you. It's a trash card but technically that's his rookie card. Nobody likes it though and the '92 cards are so much better.

I used to have all of them but I sold them becuse they weren't moving...now they are. :shaq2:

Flight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
KC
Saw the star 1985 Jordan joints..I need one of the originals so bad and not the reprint.

Mantle Drunk

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
I’ve decided for shyts and giggles to send in 10 cards to psa for grading. If they come back like 4’s or 5’s whatever I’ve spent money on way stupider shyt in life. If I get a couple of 9’s and 10’s great maybe I can make some quick profit.

The one thing that’s holding it up is for the life of me I cannot identify exactly what the newer signed football rookie cards I have are called. With all the variants and shyt it’s got me stumped.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I’ve decided for shyts and giggles to send in 10 cards to psa for grading. If they come back like 4’s or 5’s whatever I’ve spent money on way stupider shyt in life. If I get a couple of 9’s and 10’s great maybe I can make some quick profit.

The one thing that’s holding it up is for the life of me I cannot identify exactly what the newer signed football rookie cards I have are called. With all the variants and shyt it’s got me stumped.
Post pics. We can probably help.

I think PSA is only doing cards valued at $500+ right now.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.

You can look at them and know what theyre most likely gonna be...difference between 9 and 10 can be subtle but theres almost no 4s and 5s because people know if the card has tears,scratches or heavily dinged corners its not worth the money to submit....I would say a questionable looking card thats low value to begin with isnt worth it...

Last edited:

Mantle Drunk

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Post pics. We can probably help.

I think PSA is only doing cards valued at $500+ right now.
Yeah I figured they might not be a full capacity.

Here’s the cards:
AMugWjf.jpg

jJUj1w7.jpg
GBIRGIv.jpg
Sdny0Nz.jpg

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Yeah I figured they might not be a full capacity.

Here’s the cards:
AMugWjf.jpg

jJUj1w7.jpg
GBIRGIv.jpg
Sdny0Nz.jpg
Oh shyt, Leaf cards. Yeah, those are tricky. Your best bet is to start a submission on PSA's site and it'll help you fill in the blanks. So for these you'd start with "2020 Leaf..." and then type in the player's name.

Do not get the autograph graded on that Tua.

Rosecrans

CPT
Supporter
Daps
Oh shyt, Leaf cards. Yeah, those are tricky. Your best bet is to start a submission on PSA's site and it'll help you fill in the blanks. So for these you'd start with "2020 Leaf..." and then type in the player's name.

Do not get the autograph graded on that Tua.

just wondering why you’d recommend he not get the Tua graded? Thanks breh