The Official Sports Card Discussion Thread

Thief's Theme

All Star
Daps
Quarantine boredom has also brought me back to my childhood hobby

I've been copping singles off of COMC and Superiorsportsinvestments.com

after reading through this thread I assume I've been getting ripped off from those sites?

picked up a few Griffey rookies (PSA 9s), bunch of Jordans, a couple of Betts, Yelich and Belinger rookies (all PSA 10s)... and a ton of cards from the 90s of all sports that I wanted or had when I was a kid for a few bucks each, mostly Upper Deck

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.

after reading through this thread I assume I've been getting ripped off from those sites?

picked up a few Griffey rookies (PSA 9s), bunch of Jordans, a couple of Betts, Yelich and Belinger rookies (all PSA 10s)... and a ton of cards from the 90s of all sports that I wanted or had when I was a kid for a few bucks each, mostly Upper Deck

Even tho im in this to make money (which i do) i have gone back and picked up cards from the 90s i wanted but couldnt afford in my youth...

Ive bought a few things from SSM online but i do find they are on the high side...Ive been mostly picking up RCs cards from HOFers in all sports,but right now im collecting from a short list of players who i think are undervalued.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Players im collecting :

Trae Young
Shai Gilgeous Alexander
RJ Barrett
Jaren Jackson Jr.
Pascal Siakam
Terence Davis
Coby White

Bo Bichette
Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
Nate Pearson
Ronald Acuna

Last edited:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Players im collecting :

Trae Young
Shai Gilgeous Alexander
RJ Barrett
Jaren Jackson Jr.
Pascal Siakam
Terence Davis
Coby White

Bo Bichette
Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
Nate Pearson
Ronald Acuna
I've been scooping up as many Bowman Chrome base and Refractors of Acuna RCs as I can; Topps Update Chrome Refractors too. Just think they're crazy undervalued compared to the base Topps Updates considering their relatively limited numbers.

Last edited:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

They're generally overpriced unless there's a sudden surge and the sellers don't update their prices. eBay, for all of its faults and annoyances, is still generally gonna have the best prices.

I got burned on Betts last year. I chose him over Acuna and Soto (both jumped like crazy) to pour money into. :snoop: Bought a bunch of his rookies and he had an unspectacular season. I didn't lose too much value but I think there's a bit of a black cloud over him so it'll be harder for his prices to jump in the future. That happens with vets. People want the prodigy who lives up to and exceeds the hype.

That's why guys like Wander Franco, Luis Robert and Julio Rodriguez have very high prices and haven't even played a game in the majors yet.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
I've been scooping up as many Bowman Chrome base and Refractors of Acuna RCs as I can; Topps Update Chrome Refractors too. Just think they're crazy undervalued compared to the base Topps Updates considering their relatively limited numbers.

Agreed.undervalued...I copped a few TC refractors before they spiked...Im looking to cop more cuz i think hes a future multi time NL MVP.

Last edited:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Agreed.undervalued...I copped a few TC refractors before they spiked...Im looking to cop more cuz i think hes a future multi time NL MVP.
I haven't bought any of the base TC Refractors yet but they jumped $100+ in the last couple months.

The big guns in hockey have been jumping recently: Ovi, Crosby and McDavid. I sold my Ovi Young Guns PSA 10 in December when they were $500. They're like $1,300+ now. :snoop:

There's a 2012 Gold Prizm of Ovi being auctioned right now. If it doesn't get too crazy I might make a run at it.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
I haven't bought any of the base TC Refractors yet but they jumped $100+ in the last couple months.

The big guns in hockey have been jumping recently: Ovi, Crosby and McDavid. I sold my Ovi Young Guns PSA 10 in December when they were $500. They're like $1,300+ now. :snoop:

There's a 2012 Gold Prizm of Ovi being auctioned right now. If it doesn't get too crazy I might make a run at it.

IM not into hockey so i really dont know the prices of them...I assume McDavid YG cards are valuable :yeshrug:

At a show last year a dealer wanted something of mine and wanted to trade me an Auston Matthews YG RC i think it was but i had no idea the value so i turned away.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
I don't know where me and my brother's basketball card collection is :snoop: it was mostly 90s and 2000s players. We have LeBron and D Wade rookie cards :wow:

I'm bout to come out of retirement and get some current gen players.

Last 2 years of rookies being Zion,Luka,Trae,Ja now is the right time to get back into if for nothing else than to profit...

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
IM not into hockey so i really dont know the prices of them...I assume McDavid YG cards are valuable :yeshrug:

At a show last year a dealer wanted something of mine and wanted to trade me an Auston Matthews YG RC i think it was but i had no idea the value so i turned away.
You Canadians drive that market. Either they need to play for a Canadian team (particularly the Leafs) or they need to be Canadian to have a big following. Ovechkin is the only guy who's broken through that barrier.

There's not money in it like the other sports but there are still some pricey cards.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
You Canadians drive that market. Either they need to play for a Canadian team (particularly the Leafs) or they need to be Canadian to have a big following. Ovechkin is the only guy who's broken through that barrier.

There's not money in it like the other sports but there are still some pricey cards.

Yea if you collecting hockey ur selling to a much smaller market which is another reason it doesnt interest me that much...

Last edited:

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Ja Morant best looking RC is his Mosaic card....action shot in the Vancouver throwback :wow:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Ja Morant best looking RC is his Mosaic card....action shot in the Vancouver throwback :wow:
Those jerseys are so fire. They should make those their mains. None of the Memphis era jerseys are fukking with the original Vancouver one. :noah:

So pissed Mosaic got wiped out at my Walmart.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Those jerseys are so fire. They should make those their mains. None of the Memphis era jerseys are fukking with the original Vancouver one. :noah:

So pissed Mosaic got wiped out at my Walmart.

Mosaic is the next casualty of this years rookie class.I have noticed locally all of this years basketball sold out.

Even Donruss,Hoops and all the lesser Panini sets sold out at WM and hobby stores...