The Official Sports Card Discussion Thread

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Because you aint heard about it dont mean it isnt....trust me it is.

The bubble might crash in a few years but right now with the last 2 rookie classes its lots of money to be made if you know what ur doing...

Possibly the next generational talent is in our midst right now,you dont think people arent paying thousands for Zion cards and autos right now ur foolish.
Damn I dont even know where to begin or cop lol. I have like a collection of ten or so cards from back in the day in my safe. Got an AI highscool card, Kobe highschool, Shaq rookie, Dion baseball card and some other rookie cards. Dont know if they worth anything :yeshrug:

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Damn I dont even know where to begin or cop lol. I have like a collection of ten or so cards from back in the day in my safe. Got an AI highscool card, Kobe highschool, Shaq rookie, Dion baseball card and some other rookie cards. Dont know if they worth anything :yeshrug:

Everything is graded now if that Shaq grades out 10 you have some cash right there....I just got back into this last year and theres parts of it are annoying but theres lots of money when the last 2 years included rookie cards of Luka,Zion,Ja...If you have any of there cards and any of them auto'd you have hundreds possibly thousands.

2019-20 Panini Prizm or Panini Optic (which comes out this week) are the products of choice...

Try to get ur hands on as many Ja and Zion cards as you can....

I would also recommend buying any 2018-19 Prizm Or optic boxes for Luka or Trae Young cards....

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
I always tell brehs and my cousins especially the money aspect of this hobby,its easy to get into and figure out and its so few black ppl in it,

I been trying to tell folk in my circle how easy it is and what to do cuz i'd like to see more black folk get into it and make some bank...
Its mostly fat old cacs that look like the Simpson comic book guy,no reason we cant cash out in this shyt too...

DonkeyPuncher718

If Your Knee Dont Bend It Can Be Broken
Daps
Reppin
The Wall
What’s the best way to upload
Pictures to this site? I have some cards I need to know if they are worth getting graded I still have my collection from the 90s in a binder but at some point it got wet and the first couple of pages of cards are ruined:snoop:

I got back into it around 2001-03 and bought a couple of boxes of tops pristine and then I stopped

Think I Might buy a box friday for
shyts and giggles what brand do you recommend price is not really an
Issue not bragging just don’t have any kids or woman at the moment so pockets are straight

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Everything is graded now if that Shaq grades out 10 you have some cash right there....I just got back into this last year and theres parts of it are annoying but theres lots of money when the last 2 years included rookie cards of Luka,Zion,Ja...If you have any of there cards and any of them auto'd you have hundreds possibly thousands.

2019-20 Panini Prizm or Panini Optic (which comes out this week) are the products of choice...

Try to get ur hands on as many Ja and Zion cards as you can....

I would also recommend buying any 2018-19 Prizm Or optic boxes for Luka or Trae Young cards....
Props bro. I only have old cars from back in the day. Wheres the best place to cop the card packs? Amazon or something?

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What’s the best way to upload
Pictures to this site? I have some cards I need to know if they are worth getting graded I still have my collection from the 90s in a binder but at some point it got wet and the first couple of pages of cards are ruined:snoop:

I got back into it around 2001-03 and bought a couple of boxes of tops pristine and then I stopped

Think I Might buy a box friday for
shyts and giggles what brand do you recommend price is not really an
Issue not bragging just don’t have any kids or woman at the moment so pockets are straight
Imgur bro

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Props bro. I only have old cars from back in the day. Wheres the best place to cop the card packs? Amazon or something?

Newer stuff Walmart,Target and online (Ebay)

Literally just google the product and it will show you where it is and whos selling it....

Megaboxes,hanger packs and blaster boxes of new prizm and optic is at walmart and target.

18-19 stuff is available on the nets like ebay.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
What year should i be buying for luka rookie prizim cards. 2018?

Yep 2018 Prizm or Optic.

theres other stuff thats more expensive sheeeit even Luka Prizms are mad pricey lol.

If ur not spending $500 on singles better off buying retail or fastbreak boxes online and trying to pull some from packs.Its not just Luka,trae and JJJ cards are selling for quite a bit from last year....even raw cards,but graded singles are going for hundreds for all 3 in Luka's case 500 and up depending on how rare and numbered the card is....

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
If ur buying any prizm i would recommend buying retail or fastbreak as opposed to hobby only because i did nothing with hobby boxes last year...

All the cards i pulled were from hangar packs,and retail boxes,not to mention hobby boxes are outrageously overpriced...

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
For brehs looking to foray into the sports card market:

Only one company makes the modern official trading cards for NFL and NBA: Panini

Your common sets for both NFL and NBA are going to be: Prizm, Donruss, Optic, Select, Revolution, Contenders, Status, Chronicles. A few others, but those are your main ones

For 2019-2020 NBA cards, Prizm, Donruss, Revolution, and Hoops have already released. Prizm is all the rage, it’s become the industry and hobby “standard set” for normal trading cards.

Optic came out in stores yesterday (2-11-20). Boxes are on sale Wednesday morning 2-12-20 on Panini website. Optic is a great set. Lots of good cards to chase. Cards grow in value and hold well. Desirable set.

Wal Mart and Target are your best bets to find retail pack, hangars, and blasters.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Buying 2018-19 basketball wax has gotten ridiculously expensive. Especially Prizm and Optic. Hate to say it but you missed that train. Nothing but price gouging in boxes of those products. The chase for Luka and Trae along with Ayton, Bagley, JJJ, MPJ, Graham rookie cards is very real.

It’s happening with 2019-20 Prizm basketball as well. And it’s going to happen to Optic this week.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
I see the gouging has begun...

Appears to be ALOT of optic product why would anyone overpay for it is beyond me....

Rickdogg44

RIP Charmander RIP Kobe
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
20 mins

source.gif