The Official Sports Card Discussion Thread

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I thought he wanted to be anonymous tho :dwillhuh:
Yeah, I don't know why they added that or if he really said that. Dude always puts his cards up. He's the one who paid $300K for an altered Jordan Green PMG.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
You think this means BGS will be more sought after / in demand?
Nah, they have issues as well. PSA gets more heat with the trimming stuff but BGS lets that stuff through as well. There's a scandal where they give out BGS 10s and Black Labels to preferred submitters too.

Last edited:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Anybody concerned with the recent price surges across the board? Giannis base Hoops PSA 10 RCs are going for over $200; base Prizm PSA 10s are over $1,000.

LeBron Topps Chrome PSA 10 RCs were $1,000 in June and are $4,000 now.

PSA 10 Topps Update Mike Trout RCs are going for like $1,400; jumped like $400 in the last month.

Acuna cards are taking off. Alex Ovechkin Upper Deck Young Guns RCs basically doubled in the last month (sold mine RIGHT before they took off too :snoop:).

Zion stuff is just insane for a guy who's played 10 games. There's no natural progression in prices at the moment just sudden explosions.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Anybody concerned with the recent price surges across the board? Giannis base Hoops PSA 10 RCs are going for over $200; base Prizm PSA 10s are over $1,000.

LeBron Topps Chrome PSA 10 RCs were $1,000 in June and are $4,000 now.

PSA 10 Topps Update Mike Trout RCs are going for like $1,400; jumped like $400 in the last month.

Acuna cards are taking off. Alex Ovechkin Upper Deck Young Guns RCs basically doubled in the last month (sold mine RIGHT before they took off too :snoop:).

Zion stuff is just insane for a guy who's played 10 games. There's no natural progression in prices at the moment just sudden explosions.

IM not as concerned about superstar players stuff taking off as i am guys like Sekou Doumbouya ungraded prizms selling for 100.00 because he had a double double in one game...One thing about this hobby that has annoyed me since getting back into is how overpriced and overhyped prizm and optic parallels of average ass players are ..Tyler Herro optic RRs shouldnt be selling for more than rookie cards of superstar/HOFers....that shyt legit annoys me.

A Giannis 2019 optic holo shouldnt be selling for more than a magic/bird rookie card....This shyt and the trimming turns me off the hobby and the PSA/BGS cornering the grading racket...

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
I have started buying up tons of Zion rookies not just prizms and optic...

I have a pink cracked ice and base Zion prizm and no optic yet

But i have picked up recently 2 hoops parallels (purple and teal explosion) and im gonna cop a few donruss base.

IM gonna buy as many as i can all over the board cuz they all seem to be selling...evdn the base hoops Zions graded 9.5/10 are getting bidding wars.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
IM not as concerned about superstar players stuff taking off as i am guys like Sekou Doumbouya ungraded prizms selling for 100.00 because he had a double double in one game...One thing about this hobby that has annoyed me since getting back into is how overpriced and overhyped prizm and optic parallels of average ass players are ..Tyler Herro optic RRs shouldnt be selling for more than rookie cards of superstar/HOFers....that shyt legit annoys me.

A Giannis 2019 optic holo shouldnt be selling for more than a magic/bird rookie card....This shyt and the trimming turns me off the hobby and the PSA/BGS cornering the grading racket...
Even with superstars though...there's almost twice as many Giannis Hoops PSA 10s as Kobe but he's selling for more than Kobe. That's what doesn't add up to me. I know there's always recency bias but this is crazy.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Even with superstars though...there's almost twice as many Giannis Hoops PSA 10s as Kobe but he's selling for more than Kobe. That's what doesn't add up to me. I know there's always recency bias but this is crazy.

Ur right it makes no sense and for years Kobe's stuff was criminally underrated which also makes zero sense given how beloved he was how few mint gems there are in circulation....

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Got a Zion Photo Variation to go with my Morant one. Now I need to track down one of those Fast Break versions for each.

49582232421_937c966bf1_c.jpg

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Anyone speculating on baseball? Trout (like usual) and Acuna are getting bumps going into Spring Training. I'm surprised Soto hasn't really seen a bump across the board yet.