The Official South Florida Discussion Thread

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
What’s your opinion of the mayors pushing hard to make it a tech hub?

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are you fukking serious!?

yeah bruh, they were giving free tickets away via claiming them online back in Jan, there's an upcoming date where you're gonna have to pay to see the walls. They even have ticket ushers and shyt lol

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Doesn’t help the locals because we’ve been having a brain drain for years now and more talent will be imported for the next 10 years before Miami can adequately feed it.

With that influx of transplants, the CoL will surge. The Bay Area all over again.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Doesn’t help the locals because we’ve been having a brain drain for years now and more talent will be imported for the next 10 years before Miami can adequately feed it.

With that influx of transplants, the CoL will surge. The Bay Area all over again.
I’ve been saying this for years. Miami’s been trying to make the proverbial leap into a city with a real economic engine besides tourism, drugs and debauchery. I’ve been saying for a while, that if ppl want to enjoy “old” “wild” Miami they better hop on that plane as soon as they can, because those days are quickly fleeing. Miami’s trying to leave the gaudy party and decadence days behind them. It all started with the “ARTification”(art inspired gentrification) of certain neighborhoods. Then it continued with the heavy policing of Miami Beach during memorial beach weekend. Miami’s trying to become Bay Area or the Seattle of the Southeast.

Miami’s a young city, so for so long the city had to rely solely on tourism and hospitality and later the drug trade, because older cities throughout the country had certain industries sowed up. But with the reverse southern migration of people, and with the influx of wealthy immigrants, the city is seeing the windfall of money that can shift the economy away from just “party and tourism”.

You see it with all these art galleries and new museums popping up. Now you see it with the mayor and others trying to turn wynwood, design district and iron district into incubators for tech startups. The arts, tech and fashion incubators all go hand and hand and coalesce. Good or Bad, Miami is trying to “make the leap”. The old Miami is DONE. If folks wanna get into debauchery and just drink and party all day, Vegas and New Orleans would be better choices from 2021 on forward.

:hubie:

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
I’ve been saying this for years. Miami’s been trying to make the proverbial leap into a city with a real economic engine besides tourism, drugs and debauchery. I’ve been saying for a while, that if ppl want to enjoy “old” “wild” Miami they better hop on that plane as soon as they can, because those days are quickly fleeing. Miami’s trying to leave the gaudy party and decadence days behind them. It all started with the “ARTification”(art inspired gentrification) of certain neighborhoods. Then it continued with the heavy policing of Miami Beach during memorial beach weekend. Miami’s trying to become Bay Area or the Seattle of the Southeast.

Miami’s a young city, so for so long the city had to rely solely on tourism and hospitality and later the drug trade, because older cities throughout the country had certain industries sowed up. But with the reverse southern migration of people, and with the influx of wealthy immigrants, the city is seeing the windfall of money that can shift the economy away from just “party and tourism”.

You see it with all these art galleries and new museums popping up. Now you see it with the mayor and others trying to turn wynwood, design district and iron district into incubators for tech startups. The arts, tech and fashion incubators all go hand and hand and coalesce. Good or Bad, Miami is trying to “make the leap”. The old Miami is DONE. If folks wanna get into debauchery and just drink and party all day, Vegas and New Orleans would be better choices from 2021 on forward.

:hubie:
I just want to fukk big booty strippers at Tootsies bruh, when they get rid of the strip clubs in Miami is when I will give up, all those intellectual sites you posted are dope to me.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps

What needs to be done? Is Miami a lost cause?

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
I just want to fukk big booty strippers at Tootsies bruh, when they get rid of the strip clubs in Miami is when I will give up, all those intellectual sites you posted are dope to me.
Yep. All those sites are kinda cool. Like I said, what’s happening to Miami isn’t “all the way bad”. Gentrification always sucks, but Miami has always been a city where ppl struggled at. Especially black ppl. The old Miami had enough of its own flaws that, gentrification is almost a welcomed sight. I hate to say it, but the old Miami wasn’t all glorious. But on the flip side, black peoples getting pushed out of neighborhoods and residents not being able to afford rising rent is never a good thing. But then again, poor folks and black folks had so much crap to deal with even before gentrification. Could it be or get any worse than what Miami used to be?

:ld:

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
What needs to be done? Is Miami a lost cause?
What needs to be done is for more home ownership to be encouraged in our strongholds instead of running to Miramar and Pembroke Pines when we get a new job or some money. We do need more big business because tourism and small businesses are not sustainable. The big businesses that do come in must hire a large portion of its staff and professional staff with good paying entry-level jobs from the local population.

a huge downside to trying to build a career here outside of healthcare is the wanting of professional entry-level positions because South Florida doesn’t breed or sustain talent. We are compelled to go elsewhere to find proper opportunities. Sucks because there is no place like home.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Yep. All those sites are kinda cool. Like I said, what’s happening to Miami isn’t “all the way bad”. Gentrification always sucks, but Miami has always been a city where ppl struggled at. Especially black ppl. The old Miami had enough of its own flaws that, gentrification is almost a welcomed sight. I hate to say it, but the old Miami wasn’t all glorious. But on the flip side, black peoples getting pushed out of neighborhoods and residents not being able to afford rising rent is never a good thing. But then again, poor folks and black folks had so much crap to deal with even before gentrification. Could it be or get any worse than what Miami used to be?

:ld:
Very true, there is a book I need to read about old miami before the 80s and how it was just another racist ass city in the south that fukked over blacks, Uncle Luke talked about it too. Miami will be perfect if I can knock down a cuban and get a intellectual, STEM job lol.