The Official South Florida Discussion Thread

JustDoTheWork

Rookie
Resting in Peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the unemployment line
man, the next two weeks are going to really have an empty feeling about it.

usually at this time i have my gigs lined up for both Miami Art Week and Art Basel, and my friends have their galleries and shows in preparation.

that quiet is rather unnerving

everything is being moved to a virtual platform but the greatest limitation is the lack of engagement with all the senses.

but on the topic, yeah, the energy in Miami and FTL is lacking and languishing.

hope all you coli folks and artists are maintaining

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps

usually at this time i have my gigs lined up for both Miami Art Week and Art Basel, and my friends have their galleries and shows in preparation.

everything is being moved to a virtual platform but the greatest limitation is the lack of engagement with all the senses.

Wynwood is a shade of itself.

JustDoTheWork

Rookie
Resting in Peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the unemployment line
Wynwood is a shade of itself.

that is such an understatement!

for myself, when SHOTS opened was when i knew the clock was ticking on wynwood being an artist haven.

seeing it now with the garages, the condos, the spawn of yakub floating about nonchalantly, and a majority of white buildings that frown upon actual graffiti it's a shame

whenever i'm there it's for boba tea, cookies, or La Sandwicherie for the SoBe Club sandwich

if anything, covid most definitely put a period on the sentence that is wynwood's cool.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’

I totally forgot about Art Basel. Do you have any works or any of your friends works on the internet?

JustDoTheWork

Rookie
Resting in Peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the unemployment line
I totally forgot about Art Basel. Do you have any works or any of your friends works on the internet?

an acquaintance of mine is the founder and curator of the PRIZM Art Fair, which highlights works from artists of the diaspora. I'm unable to find the actual website at the moment, but here's an article about this year's collection and theme:

PRIZM Art Fair 2020 Examines African Diasporic Perspectives in Cinema and Contemporary Art

and here is a friend and his works at Spinello gallery for their latest show:

https://spinelloprojects.com/program/#at-the-feet-of-mountains

STEVE

MIami Beach on the check-in.
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, FL
Riding a bike here kicks ass. I can ride straight to the beach on a bike lane LOL why the fukk was I living in Pittsburgh?! :skip:

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Falling Iguanas, because cold weather paralyzes their bodies.

Saw some comments say stay away from food trucks in Hialeah for awhile. I'm assuming that means they would get some reptile tacos on deck if available.

basedlawd

Banned
Daps
this popped up with good timing.

i'm considering moving to Miami, does anyone have any recommendations for an apartment building or area? i'm currently in pompano now but i started a remote job so i figure i can live anywhere and why not consider miami? i'm in sales so my base is 50k and i make more with commission but i mostly want to budget factoring in my base and not commissions and with my current spending habits i can comfortably do up to $1500 a month. i don't need to be directly in the mix since i already don't like Miami traffic nor do i need some "luxury" place, i just want something with a decent view and a washer/dryer for the most part.