Essential The Official Post Your Entertainment Setup Thread

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
Moved into a new apartment, the living room is definitely a home theater/man cave hybrid until I get my home office up and running. Got some of my favorite vinyls from the collection framed and hung, some classic video game posters above the physical media collection. It's a lil nerdy but it's gotten positive reception so far :ehh:

9814fY4.jpg

V1c3FL0.jpg

HFrqVQt.jpg

yS3uDz7.jpg

System is nothing too crazy. 55 in Sharp 1080p Smart TV, Wii U, XB1 (on the bottom shelf of the TV stand, its cut off in the pic), Samsung Soundbar with surround speakers and wireless sun, Sony A/V receiver to act as the brain. Will probably upgrade to a 60-65" 4KTV at some point in the summer or fall.

Where did you get those video game posters at? those are nice and that vinyl collection is dope. i only have a biggie poster but a wall of vinyl's is a great idea. you're a genius.

my spot is set up with posters and figures as well and at first i thought it would be a little nerdy because i have some disney, video games and wrestling stuff on the wall and a few figurines but my girl loves it and it balances out with the sports, movies and hip-hop pieces. i have a few 90s stuff like fresh prince, south park and simpsons.

Randoug

Superstar
Daps
1vS8Q9o.jpg

Just moved ...haven't set up home theatre as yet ...as you can see from the outlets I'm living somewhere in the Caribbean right now...got a sweet gig.

Don't own much physical games...I download most titles ..Got an OG ps2, PS3 slim and Wii U to add soon...might make a makeshift shelve for this stand to store more stuff..Just love the pine color

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Where did you get those video game posters at? those are nice and that vinyl collection is dope. i only have a biggie poster but a wall of vinyl's is a great idea. you're a genius.

my spot is set up with posters and figures as well and at first i thought it would be a little nerdy because i have some disney, video games and wrestling stuff on the wall and a few figurines but my girl loves it and it balances out with the sports, movies and hip-hop pieces. i have a few 90s stuff like fresh prince, south park and simpsons.
Thanks fam. I wanna try to show a better pic of the shelf is set up near my TV. But I got the posters from an Etsy seller, frames from Target. Check it out:

Unreleased home brew and hand made games + everdrives by RetroGamingAsylum

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Do you think I would be able to mount a curved TV on that stand?

What kind of mount nh is that for the tv?
How do you play thr 4K movies? Or do you mean regular Blu-Ray looks amazing?

I've attached a pic of the stand without the tv so you 2 can see the back of it. I have a Samsung 4K UHD Blu-ray player K8500, it plays the 4K blu-rays and yes regular blu-ray looks amazing with the upscaling.

3030-2.jpg

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
At some point I told myself I was done with my home theater :blessed:. Started browsing Ebay for old reference speakers :snoop:. Came across a pair of Energy Veritas 6.3 towers :whew:, these were top of line for the year they came out at $3,200 a pair :damn:. Seller wanted $550 for them, auction ended with no buyers, no hesitation I contacted him and told him I wanted them, sent him the paypal money and went and picked them up.

Energy was its own company in Canada until Klipsch bought them and killed off all there high-end reference speakers like these, that is was made these an absolute steal at the price.

Only a few flaws in them which was documented, the Rosenut lacquer finish is beautiful however it has tendency to get chipped from shipping and/or bad packaging, nothing visible from the front and they were in what I would consider great condition. The black trim around the drivers is actually vinyl wrap, under it is a brushed aluminum finish, seller thought the black would look much better and match the bases.

Sound quality is absolutely phenomenal, even mp3's sound good. Got them setup this morning and dialed in. Had to move my recently purchased C7 towers to the bedroom and the C2 bookshelves to the office/pc room. A few pics below....

IMG_4564.jpg

IMG_4563.jpg

Only problem is now I want the rest of the Veritas line (center, surrounds) to match. :mjcry:

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
My Pioneer receiver blew out (:francis:) and now I'm rocking with an older model Denon I got on Craigslist. shyt only has 2 HDMI inputs, but it's mad powerful.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
At some point I told myself I was done with my home theater :blessed:. Started browsing Ebay for old reference speakers :snoop:. Came across a pair of Energy Veritas 6.3 towers :whew:, these were top of line for the year they came out at $3,200 a pair :damn:. Seller wanted $550 for them, auction ended with no buyers, no hesitation I contacted him and told him I wanted them, sent him the paypal money and went and picked them up.

Energy was its own company in Canada until Klipsch bought them and killed off all there high-end reference speakers like these, that is was made these an absolute steal at the price.

Only a few flaws in them which was documented, the Rosenut lacquer finish is beautiful however it has tendency to get chipped from shipping and/or bad packaging, nothing visible from the front and they were in what I would consider great condition. The black trim around the drivers is actually vinyl wrap, under it is a brushed aluminum finish, seller thought the black would look much better and match the bases.

Sound quality is absolutely phenomenal, even mp3's sound good. Got them setup this morning and dialed in. Had to move my recently purchased C7 towers to the bedroom and the C2 bookshelves to the office/pc room. A few pics below....

IMG_4564.jpg

IMG_4563.jpg

Only problem is now I want the rest of the Veritas line (center, surrounds) to match. :mjcry:

Dope dude. Very symmetrical.

Theolodius_Black

Whoopin suckas with a bag of oranges
Daps
Reppin
Brookhaven,MS to Tallyho, FL
2wn49jp.jpg

I need to organize my shyt. I call it the "This nikka had to been spoiled" set up. Ps4, two ps3(one is bc for ps2 games), and a Wii that I honestly use just for GameCube games. I got damn near every ps3 game you can think of, and I'm getting more games for each system. That top row is ps1,ps2, and GameCube games with some ps3 and ps4 games I ran outta room for. What can I say:yeshrug:I'm 28 and I'm still in that buy all the bullshyt you wanted as a kid phase

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
2wn49jp.jpg

I need to organize my shyt. I call it the "This nikka had to been spoiled" set up. Ps4, two ps3(one is bc for ps2 games), and a Wii that I honestly use just for GameCube games. I got damn near every ps3 game you can think of, and I'm getting more games for each system. That top row is ps1,ps2, and GameCube games with some ps3 and ps4 games I ran outta room for. What can I say:yeshrug:I'm 28 and I'm still in that buy all the bullshyt you wanted as a kid phase
its not bad. u just gotta buy some zip ties and clean up the wires.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
2wn49jp.jpg

A good media rack or tower would help you out a lot with getting all that organized.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
So, I've updated due to the accumulation of new shyt, it's varied enough to see a difference. 1st pic is where I moved my desk from the right side to the left side of the television. Still got some of my PC stuff there, the monitor is upstairs on wife's computer since I never went dual screen often. I have calculators as in plural because I work in finance, simple calculator, and my TI Business Analyst Plus. Other random assorted things like my two Xbox One Controllers, 160GB iPod Classic, DJ Hero turntables on the bottom and hand sanitizer, since my son and his friends be trying to blow up the spot now, wash your fukking hands before you touch my shyt. He be trying to be cool and shyt and floss down here, just keep my shyt clean lil iceberg.

20170829_004000%255B1%255D.jpg

Where the games are that are physical, PS Vita is in the case behind the controllers. Yes, I did import Dead or Alive Xtreme Volleyball 3, I'm a fan, making no apologies.
20170828_235944%255B1%255D.jpg

Raise the shelving to accommodate more games

20170828_235951%255B1%255D.jpg

A few steps back from the television, PS3 and Xbox 360 controllers on the entertainment system. I upgraded that camera from the one in the previous pics, I believe I had a 720p one, this is 1080p

20170829_000010%255B2%255D.jpg

Had to move some things around since we got new couch and sofa upstairs, I wanted the old sofa down here and to match, I was just like, this mancave gets more traffic now, i.e. kids and unsure of their level of home-training, a futon will suffice so that is what I got. Over in the corner are my Rock Band drums and guitar with my Pioneer DDJ-SX and some Pioneer DJing headphones. Astro A50s on the PC case

20170829_000017%255B1%255D.jpg

Copped another Michigan rug, this is the best place for it for now. I have two keyboards and three mice down here. On the futon, I'll use my Corsair K70 RGB keyboard and M65 Pro Mouse. When on the sofa furthest away from the television, I have my Logitech wireless keyboard, wireless trackball, and wireless regular mouse. A nikka just likes options fam.

20170829_000145%255B1%255D.jpg

Another shot of the futon, white thing on the floor is my mancave fridge. I fukking hated always going upstairs to get something to drink, call it laziness but during the 4th quarter of a tightly contested sporting event, I'm not trying to leave the viewing area, it's an Emerson fridge and it's dope. My gaming junk drawers with miscellaneous stuff like my Hori arcade stick for PlayStation systems on top. You can see my trackball mouse in this pic. Some new posters since last time as well. My work suitcase next to the fridge, during warm months, I use that for my work laptop, during the cold and snow, I have a carrying case for it.
20170829_000158%255B1%255D.jpg

I'm a Detroit nikka, born and raised, this is what I rep, the sofa in question. I think everyone has that piece of furniture that will hit you like Nyquil, this is mine. Comfy as fukk. Yes, I shyt talk the Lions virtually every day of my existence, but they are my fukking team and I, unfortunately, bleed Honolulu Blue.

20170829_000211%255B1%255D.jpg

On the fireplace, I keep my tablet, it's a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (long name) One of the best purchases I've ever made in regards to value and enjoy derived from it.

20170829_000309%255B1%255D.jpg

Because I'm running out of room, I wanted to get some monitors for my DJing since I do it as a hobby. However, I dug these Bose Companion 2 Series II out of hibernation and sent them back to work. This is behind the television, I'm working some getting something to mount on the wall or something.

20170829_000404%255B1%255D.jpg

Same thing for the other side, in addition to a 1TB and 8TB HDD back there.

20170829_000452%255B1%255D.jpg

I want to do something about this wire clutter, but I think this is the best thing smoking now.

20170829_000502%255B1%255D.jpg

This is the actual view from my sofa

20170829_002506%255B1%255D.jpg

If I'm posted up on the futon, yes, that's part of me in the pic. I lounge down here.

20170829_002556%255B1%255D.jpg

Shot of my Michigan sign and GTA5 poster

20170829_004209%255B1%255D.jpg

I'm up now because I'm waiting for Redout: LightSpeed Edition to drop on Xbox Live, I've preordered so long again, racers are my favorite type of game and F-Zero/Wipeout like racers are my favorite type of racer so I'm just killing time while waiting for the piff to drop.

Last edited: