Essential The Official Post Your Entertainment Setup Thread

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
You recommend Sony, but what about Yamaha and Pioneer.

Years prior before I stopped keeping up I read that Yamaha had the best sounding DAC, or are they all on par at this price range so just get the cheapest one? :jbhmm:

Yeah, I just help with bills where need be and I pocket 95% of my salary.

I have no car or big utility bills and my biggest expense is my travel card for work (which isn't much).

I'm trying to learn the stock market to invest and help with my savings but that shyt's mad intimidating and complicated fukk it.:whoo::hubie:
Pioneer is decent. I had one of their systems for a long time and really liked it. When it was time to upgrade to HDMI 2.1 I went with Sony.
I believe Pioneer today is more along the lines of a budget friendly brand in comparison to that Klipsch set up or even the Sony one.

Far as the saving goes, you sound like you have a good head on your shoulders. :ehh:I wish you the best. God bless you. :SNAKESALUTE:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
depending on your budget (500-1000) i would recommend Denon, pioneer elite, onkyo or yamaha.. if you going separates...

My receiver is ONKYO .. a 7.2 setup from several years ago..
my speakers I got about -15 years ago.. whafedale .. that's not my house. that's the speakers I have. and I have 2 Yamaha powered subs I bought I 2001..

but I also have a projector and a 120" screen
528373-wharfedale_zaldek_series_surround_and_center_speakers.jpg

Last edited:

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Updated setup

aWOA3sc.jpg

Top Row
PS4 (OG)
Vita TV
Nvidia Shield Tablet
Nintendo Switch
Gaming Laptop (1070 GTX)
XBOX One (OG)

Middle Row
PS3
Wii U
Xbox 360
Alienware X51 PC (Use for old school emulators)

Bottom Row
PS2 (Slim)
Gamecube
Dreamcast
Xbox

Top of my game’s shelf
3ds
Ps Vita

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
Updated setup

aWOA3sc.jpg

Top Row
PS4 (OG)
Vita TV
Nvidia Shield Tablet
Nintendo Switch
Gaming Laptop (1070 GTX)
XBOX One (OG)

Middle Row
PS3
Wii U
Xbox 360
Alienware X51 PC (Use for old school emulators)

Bottom Row
PS2 (Slim)
Gamecube
Dreamcast
Xbox

Top of my game’s shelf
3ds
Ps Vita
MWyNnr9.jpg

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I got a 70in that I don't even use for gaming or watching TV on anymore brehs.

My mancave isn't even a mancave any longer, I've converted it to a photography studio. Got a 7.1 surround system down there too and I only use it to play music when I'm with a client or when I'm cleaning up down there or cutting my hair in the bathroom

:bryan:

:francis:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I'm going through a reimagining of the mancave. I've placed almost everything on the table in regards to replacement and this will likely be a bigger upgrade than I anticipated. Upgrading the audio equipment, new shelving for games and entertainment system to accommodate the new consoles is becoming a must since I'm going to continue to display my older consoles. Television is off limits till it croaks per Mrs. Iceberg.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

My mancave isn't even a mancave any longer, I've converted it to a photography studio. Got a 7.1 surround system down there too and I only use it to play music when I'm with a client or when I'm cleaning up down there or cutting my hair in the bathroom

I'm going through a reimagining of the mancave. I've placed almost everything on the table in regards to replacement and this will likely be a bigger upgrade than I anticipated. Upgrading the audio equipment, new shelving for games and entertainment system to accommodate the new consoles is becoming a must since I'm going to continue to display my older consoles. Television is off limits till it croaks per Mrs. Iceberg.

my mancave been converted into a studio apartment 6 years ago.. the new (at the time) mancave is now being converted again .. this time its a multi-purpose entertainment room ... basically saying I cant have big spekers anymore and my equipment better be hidden . and I better make sure she knows how to operate the projector and watch TV on it..

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
my mancave been converted into a studio apartment 6 years ago.. the new (at the time) mancave is now being converted again .. this time its a multi-purpose entertainment room ... basically saying I cant have big spekers anymore and my equipment better be hidden . and I better make sure she knows how to operate the projector and watch TV on it..

That sounds like an invasion and you might lose the war. How can we help breh?

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland

I'm with you on the photography studio, but letting the 70in collect dust :ufdup:. Did you setup elsewhere in the crib for home theater?

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Just picked up a PS3 Slim 160GB, I had one before and sold it. I actually missed it and having a system to play. My plan is to get a Xbox 1X in a few months and add that to the theater as well.