Essential The Official Post Your Entertainment Setup Thread

McTwerk

Dreams and Nightmares
Daps
Reppin
In the Cloud
Couple pics of my setup. I need a new cabinet but loving the projector, 100" screen Definitive Technologies BP8040-ST fronts and matching Center. You can see one or two of the DefTech in-ceiling speakers used for ATMOS surround. Got 4 total. 7.2 setup (2 subs in the towers). Powered by a Marantz SR6010 4K 7.2 channel receiver.

Edit: Fukk Google Drive, smh. Links attached, can't embed the images.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I found someone on homeadvisors and they ran a gang of cables in my basement and 1st floor. They ran wires for like 30 speakers, 30 cat6 cables, and a bunch of COAX. The job cost about 5k. For a smaller job, maybe $3-400

Running cables isn't that hard though in short distances (I ran the wires in one of my rooms). Only tools you'l need is a drywall saw, fishing tape, drywall patch, and some new paint. And for electrical, get one of these. It's for hiding the power cables since it's against code to run power cables in the wall.

Thanks duke. Just had mine done yesterday from that site. Took a lil bit to get an actual tech to be available in my area and then an appointment scheduled cuz of the holidays, but it's finally done. Was only $115 bucks.:salute:

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Cleaned up the wiring behind the front mains and sub with wiremold raceway tracks, much cleaner now. I think I'm at a point where I am actually done with my home theater.

avrfont.jpg

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
One of the worst things about this is going over a friends house who has a killer setup

Once your ears have heard greatness you can always tell how bad or average other setups are

This happened to me about a month ago when I watched a movie over a coworkers house now my system sounds pathetic so I'll be upgrading next month

My current setup is a Onkyo 414 receiver,Monoprice 9774 sub,and Pioneer Andrew Jones 5.0 package

I've already decided im gonna get a Marantz 6010 receiver and Rythmik LVX12 sub

The hardest part is trying to pick speakers since you can't audition most of them before you buy

Im looking for some recommendations in the $1500 ballpark for 5 speakers(either 2 towers,2 Bookshelf,and center or 4 bookshelves and center)

Any suggestions?

Right now the top ones im looking at are Emp Tek,Chane,and Ascend Acoustic

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Moved into a new apartment, the living room is definitely a home theater/man cave hybrid until I get my home office up and running. Got some of my favorite vinyls from the collection framed and hung, some classic video game posters above the physical media collection. It's a lil nerdy but it's gotten positive reception so far :ehh:

9814fY4.jpg

V1c3FL0.jpg

HFrqVQt.jpg

yS3uDz7.jpg

System is nothing too crazy. 55 in Sharp 1080p Smart TV, Wii U, XB1 (on the bottom shelf of the TV stand, its cut off in the pic), Samsung Soundbar with surround speakers and wireless sun, Sony A/V receiver to act as the brain. Will probably upgrade to a 60-65" 4KTV at some point in the summer or fall.

Last edited:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Moved into a new apartment, the living room is definitely a home theater/man cave hybrid until I get my home office up and running. Got some of my favorite vinyls from the collection framed and hung, some classic video game posters above the physical media collection. It's a lil nerdy but it's gotten positive reception so far :ehh:

Guess you was too broke to put up a working link :smugbiden:

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

9814fY4.jpg

V1c3FL0.jpg

HFrqVQt.jpg

yS3uDz7.jpg

System is nothing too crazy. 55 in Sharp 1080p Smart TV, Wii U, XB1 (on the bottom shelf of the TV stand, its cut off in the pic), Samsung Soundbar with surround speakers and wireless sun, Sony A/V receiver to act as the brain. Will probably upgrade to a 60-65" 4KTV at some point in the summer or fall.

Works for me we have the same looking lamps

the artist known az

Hail the victors
Daps
Reppin
TSC FA' Life #ByrdGang

9814fY4.jpg

V1c3FL0.jpg

HFrqVQt.jpg

yS3uDz7.jpg

Nice decor :dame:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan

negged :scust: