Essential The Official Post Your Entertainment Setup Thread

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Just getting settled into my new spot. Initial set up. Probably going to mount the TV as soon as I figure out how to safely do it in an apartment. Then move my record player and receiver to the top with my speakers, throw in more books and a PS4. Getting used to #teamcutcablebruhs with my firestick.

IMG_20160602_130432_zpseyufg8rh.jpg

niceeeee

McTwerk

Dreams and Nightmares
Daps
Reppin
In the Cloud
Got the man cave all set up.

100'' fixed frame screen, BenQ HT3050 home theater projector. DefTech super tower speakers and matching front. 4 DefTech Dolby Atmos in-ceiling speakers. Everything is running thru a Marantz receiver.

No better way to watch 1080p content in my opinion. The 4K projector market is still out of my pay grade, but when they come down, I will be making the upgrade.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan

100'' fixed frame screen, BenQ HT3050 home theater projector. DefTech super tower speakers and matching front. 4 DefTech Dolby Atmos in-ceiling speakers. Everything is running thru a Marantz receiver.

No better way to watch 1080p content in my opinion. The 4K projector market is still out of my pay grade, but when they come down, I will be making the upgrade.

Post some pics breh. I wanna get the Sony 4k joint but I ain't paying 10k for a projector :francis:

I really need to finish up my room. I just gotta install the baseboards then paint the ceiling black.

T2qfYHn.jpg

McTwerk

Dreams and Nightmares
Daps
Reppin
In the Cloud
Post some pics breh. I wanna get the Sony 4k joint but I ain't paying 10k for a projector :francis:

I really need to finish up my room. I just gotta install the baseboards then paint the ceiling black.

T2qfYHn.jpg
I will get some pics taken and posted this week.

Yeah, those 4K projectors are ridiculous. 10K for a damn projector? Not sure when they will come down in price but the DLP for 1K will do just fine until that day comes.

My basement is finished but has 4 windows, so decided not to paint it dark/black. It gets plenty dark at night and I will put up some room darkening blinds, but otherwise, just leave it as is.

Nice setup though. What size screen is that? What are you using for a projector and those front speakers?

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I will get some pics taken and posted this week.

Yeah, those 4K projectors are ridiculous. 10K for a damn projector? Not sure when they will come down in price but the DLP for 1K will do just fine until that day comes.

My basement is finished but has 4 windows, so decided not to paint it dark/black. It gets plenty dark at night and I will put up some room darkening blinds, but otherwise, just leave it as is.

Nice setup though. What size screen is that? What are you using for a projector and those front speakers?

The screen is 120" (white with 1.1 gain) and the PJ is a Ben Q W1070. I was gonna get the Sony 45ES, but I'm only keeping my PJ a year or two then I'm going for that Sony 4K joint.

The front speakers are Polk R50's.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland

Sounds slick, I been repping Atmos ever since I got my setup going, that height layer sounds so good, literally wrapped around you.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Anyone know of a solid company that hooks up entertainment systems and conceals the wires cleanly? What's the expected cost and whatnot?

I found someone on homeadvisors and they ran a gang of cables in my basement and 1st floor. They ran wires for like 30 speakers, 30 cat6 cables, and a bunch of COAX. The job cost about 5k. For a smaller job, maybe $3-400

Running cables isn't that hard though in short distances (I ran the wires in one of my rooms). Only tools you'l need is a drywall saw, fishing tape, drywall patch, and some new paint. And for electrical, get one of these. It's for hiding the power cables since it's against code to run power cables in the wall.