Essential The Official Post Your Entertainment Setup Thread

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
am I the only one that doesnt like having a tv in my bedroom, i like to just sleep in my bedroom not watch tv

I like having one in there, but my wife INSIST on sleeping with the TV on. I can sleep either way personally, but she can't sleep with the tv on. sometimes I just turn it off in the middle of the night.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I cant believe I just spend 2 1/2 hrs at 1 furniture store and left with nothing, now I have to go back. I know what sofa and recliner I want, but cant decide if I should get this coffee table, go without a coffee table, or get an ottoman. Cant decide if I should get an end table to put in between the sofa and recliner or just call it a day and get one of those tall lamps. I dont really see people using end tables that much and coffee tables just take up space. Atleast if I get an ottoman its easier to move and I can put my feet up on it. I hate being so indecisive when it comes to things like this

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
ndvog5.jpg

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Sold off the PS3, had it 2 yrs and barely used it, bought 3 games in that time. Replaced it with a newer, faster loading Sony BD player.........

Last edited:

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Did some experimenting to compare the Dolby Atmos-enabled reflecting speakers vs actual overhead ceiling speakers to see which ones sounds better and give a actual height perspective. Found 4 Sony cube speakers, bought some wall mounts from Monoprice, mounted and mock-wired everything up, changed the settings in the receiver for the overhead settings. The overheads have a more definite presence then the reflecting Atmos speakers, the Onkyo's sounded like they were overhead just not all the time. Now when something flies overhead, it actually sounds like it actually flew through the living room. According to Dolby when you do Atmos, you should lower your surrounds to ear level because of the extra height layer that is created, I did that and it works very well.

Wiring is a mess in the pic, getting some cable raceways from Home Depot for along the ceiling and going to re-run some wiring under the carpet. If anyone of you A/V heads are considering Atmos, do the overhead speakers if you can first. The nice thing is the Atmos receivers get the new Dolby Surround Upmixer (DSU), it will take existing material (5.1, 7.1) and upmix it to use all of your speakers. My final plan is to swap the Sony cubes out for Energy satellites so all the speakers match for the series they are.........

IMG_4223.jpg