Essential The Official Post Your Entertainment Setup Thread

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
Are you looking an all-in-one (home theater in a box) or building a system with separate components like the speakers, sub, and receiver? Samsung has a 4k UHD Blu-ray player around $400. How much are you looking to spend?

I'm down for both but I'm lazy so an all in one word work better. I'm not trying to spend more than $500

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I'm down for both but I'm lazy so an all in one word work better. I'm not trying to spend more than $500

Ok, an all-in-one is going to be cheaper than building components. I'll look when I get home, most will have a blu-ray player with receiver and 5.1 or 7.1 setup including speakers.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm done with physical copies of media...ie DVDs today I'm getting rid of the little bit I have left and whatever the store doesn't take I will just drop off to Goodwill. I'm probably going to finally get Netflix or Hulu and never buy movies again

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Got the new receiver connected up and all 11 speakers wired plus the sub, hell of a difference, my 5-6 year old Sony 7.1 receiver was good but ran out of steam at mid-volume. The Onkyo is a beast, clarity and volume is :noah:, Atmos is :whoo: :ohlawd::whew:, adds height/overhead to surround sound. Receiver is a monster, maybe 1mm of clearance between the top of it and support bar above it. Pics below you can see the Onkyo atmos-enabled speakers on-top of the mains and back surrounds, these fire towards the ceiling and reflect down. Side surrounds I had to mount high due to the sliding door and wanted them equal height. Sub upgrade next.........

IMG_4136.jpg

IMG_4145.jpg

IMG_4138.jpg

IMG_4139.jpg

IMG_4140.jpg

IMG_4144.jpg

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Got the new receiver connected up and all 11 speakers wired plus the sub, hell of a difference, my 5-6 year old Sony 7.1 receiver was good but ran out of steam at mid-volume. The Onkyo is a beast, clarity and volume is :noah:, Atmos is :whoo: :ohlawd::whew:, adds height/overhead to surround sound. Receiver is a monster, maybe 1mm of clearance between the top of it and support bar above it. Pics below you can see the Onkyo atmos-enabled speakers on-top of the mains and back surrounds, these fire towards the ceiling and reflect down. Side surrounds I had to mount high due to the sliding door and wanted them equal height. Sub upgrade next.........

IMG_4136.jpg

IMG_4145.jpg

IMG_4138.jpg

IMG_4139.jpg

IMG_4140.jpg

IMG_4144.jpg

dude, I see you still got your minidisc player? I finally had to toss mine in the :bushess: a couple months ago. that shyt wasn't working anyways, nor was I gonna use it if it were.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
dude, I see you still got your minidisc player? I finally had to toss mine in the :bushess: a couple months ago. that shyt wasn't working anyways, nor was I gonna use it if it were.

Yea, I'm not sure what I wanna do with it, only remote I have for it is on a universal remote app I downloaded for my Galaxy S6. Can't remember the last time I put a minidisc in it for anything. My portable player still works, collecting dust though.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Yea, I'm not sure what I wanna do with it, only remote I have for it is on a universal remote app I downloaded for my Galaxy S6. Can't remember the last time I put a minidisc in it for anything. My portable player still works, collecting dust though.

let it go. I left my minidisc player at my old house when we moved. it wasn't working good. and the portable. I don't remember where I put it.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
let it go. I left my minidisc player at my old house when we moved. it wasn't working good. and the portable. I don't remember where I put it.

:mjcry:

I might just do that................ I have a friend who would take both units off my hands if I gave them to him.