The Official Playstation VR Thread

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
@Fatboi1 what PSVR games do you own right now?

I have VR Worlds and Batman.
I plan on picking up Until Dawn Rush Of Blood after work today, and I MIGHT pick up Drive Club and Eve Valkyrie. (I know I want those games, just not sure if I should get them all at once right now or just wait for next pay period).

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
One thing I really wish they added to PSVR was a button to view the PS camera. There have been a bunch of times where I want to grab something off the coffee table in front of me and have to fumble blindly to get it. (Its an incredibly minor complaint since I could just lift the helmet and then put it back on). Everything else is so well done in VR I feel like this would be the icing on the cake. Holding down the options button at any time to recenter the viewing angle is genius. Maybe they could implement something like double tap the touch pad twice to pause the game and view the ps camera. Maybe in the future they could even put a small camera on the front of the headset to be able to use it to see your surroundings quickly without removing the headset. Again, just a minor point that I think would add to the experience but not necessary at all.
the Vive has a camera on the front. it is helpful when you want to grab your drink or whatever

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The headset is comfortable to wear over long sessions. A lot of times I completely forgot I had it on. A few times some one would sit next to me and ask me a question and I would instinctively look in their direction thinking I could see them and then realize I had the headset on still.
After a long session last night I winded down by watching a few episodes of Seinfeld on Hulu and actually fell asleep with the headset on.
Lol the headset is comfortable but it slightly pinches the bridge of my nose. Not too much of an issue though. I don't think I coulf fall asleep with it on though.

@Fatboi1 what PSVR games do you own right now?

I have VR Worlds and Batman.
I plan on picking up Until Dawn Rush Of Blood after work today, and I MIGHT pick up Drive Club and Eve Valkyrie. (I know I want those games, just not sure if I should get them all at once right now or just wait for next pay period).
I have Rez Infinite, Thumper and Windlands. I dl'd the playroom VR stuff and some of the other VR experiences app.
The next title I want is Super Star Dust Ultra VR. The VR update adds an exclusive VR mode which I heard isn't that good but the base game supports VR so it looks and plays better in that mode.

I want to get SuperHypercube but I'm waiting on a price drop.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whats the longest you've played?
I had yesterday off and for one session I played for about 5 hours straight without taking the headset off.
When I took it off I noticed I had a bit of eye strain.
Also (and I have no clue if this can be attributed to the PSVR or if it's just a coincidence) I had SEVERAL, very vivid dreams last night. Which is weird because I don't dream too often, and they aren't as vivid as they were last night.
(Dreamed about riding a motorcycle on a highway fast as hell and then cutting through alleyways. Had other similar dreams too. Driving cars, flying planes. I mention it because I don't remember ever having so many different dreams that felt so real and waking up and remembering them all. Might be a coincidence though).
when you play you have to make sure you blink a lot, wearing the headset will drive your eyes out more than normal, so you have to over compensate by blinking more than normal.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Lol the headset is comfortable but it slightly pinches the bridge of my nose. Not too much of an issue though. I don't think I coulf fall asleep with it on though.

I have Rez Infinite, Thumper and Windlands. I dl'd the playroom VR stuff and some of the other VR experiences app.
The next title I want is Super Star Dust Ultra VR. The VR update adds an exclusive VR mode which I heard isn't that good but the base game supports VR so it looks and plays better in that mode.

I want to get SuperHypercube but I'm waiting on a price drop.

Now that you mention nose pinching. I find that the headset fits on my head perfectly. What I wonder is how long the soft rubbery parts will last.

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Man I still don't know what game to buy. I was gonna buy eve but everyone say it's waaay too short. I want to buy a legit game and not a $60 tech demo.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Man I still don't know what game to buy. I was gonna buy eve but everyone say it's waaay too short. I want to buy a legit game and not a $60 tech demo.
I think the only full featured game at the moment is drive club. Eve is supposed to be very short for single player but have an ok multiplayer. Right now the games are short which is why they're priced low

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
@Fatboi1 im gonna try to keep some ginger ale on hand. I wanted to play tonight but one of the games made me sick and it's taken a while to go away. Disappointing. I'm trying to narrow down what triggers it to avoid it in the future. Today I tried to play after eating dinner and taking a shower. Before that I was working in the garage and was physically tired.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
@Fatboi1 im gonna try to keep some ginger ale on hand. I wanted to play tonight but one of the games made me sick and it's taken a while to go away. Disappointing. I'm trying to narrow down what triggers it to avoid it in the future. Today I tried to play after eating dinner and taking a shower. Before that I was working in the garage and was physically tired.
If you're like me, the "intense" VR game sickness will go away in 2 weeks. I forced myself to play hardcore VR immersion games nonstop until I didn't get sick anymore. The brain is an amazing thing; it will adjust as long as you keep playing. I never threw up, but I got close a few times. Now, I can play anything without sickness at all. I might feel a bit queasy every once in a while, but for the most part I'm good with any VR game now. Luge doesn't make me sick, VR roller coaster games don't make me sick (which they do for most people), and I can play "walking" games without teleportation and don't get sick. Just keep playing...you're brain will adjust.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
If you're like me, the "intense" VR game sickness will go away in 2 weeks. I forced myself to play hardcore VR immersion games nonstop until I didn't get sick anymore. The brain is an amazing thing; it will adjust as long as you keep playing. I never threw up, but I got close a few times. Now, I can play anything without sickness at all. I might feel a bit queasy every once in a while, but for the most part I'm good with any VR game now. Luge doesn't make me sick, VR roller coaster games don't make me sick (which they do for most people), and I can play "walking" games without teleportation and don't get sick. Just keep playing...you're brain will adjust.
Yeah that's my plan and I hope you're right because I've really enjoyed what I played.