The Official Playstation VR Thread

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just used Hulu in PSVR mode and it's crazy! If you have Hulu give it a try asap. It's dope as hell. It has a VR specific mode that makes it look like you're in a high end penthouse watching it on a huge HDTV
Check out Within app and Vrideo. The video quality is horrible butB it's still cool.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Check out Within app and Vrideo. The video quality is horrible butB it's still cool.
I tried Within. The quality was too crappy for me to enjoy it. It was a great idea though. It just doesn't feel as well done as everything else in PSVR. I watched saturday night live on it and it felt forced. I didnt feel like I was actually there. The image was blocky (as if it was constantly buffering) and the scaling of the people was off. Not like when I play the games where everything felt like real life size.
Hulu has some vr clips as well that had the same problem which is a shame because there's a ton of potential. Right now I would say that the video game content for PSVR is incredible, but the VR movie content is trash. On the other hand watching movies in big picture mode, is crazy. And in some ways, I prefer Hulu's VR app, because it made me feel like I was in a huge living room in a really nice apartment with a huge tv. Sony should implement something like that for big picture mode. Instead of it being black like a theater they should have different places you can put the viewer in.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
i was tellin u man. shyt is nice. It can only get better from here on out but even what we got now is really good especially at $400.

Try Wayward Sky demo and you could see how a rpg game of some sort could work on here.
I haven't tried Wayward Sky yet. (I didn't like the title artwork in the demo so I skipped over it :yeshrug:Talk about judging a book by it cover) I have to remember to try it out tonight though.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
One thing I really wish they added to PSVR was a button to view the PS camera. There have been a bunch of times where I want to grab something off the coffee table in front of me and have to fumble blindly to get it. (Its an incredibly minor complaint since I could just lift the helmet and then put it back on). Everything else is so well done in VR I feel like this would be the icing on the cake. Holding down the options button at any time to recenter the viewing angle is genius. Maybe they could implement something like double tap the touch pad twice to pause the game and view the ps camera. Maybe in the future they could even put a small camera on the front of the headset to be able to use it to see your surroundings quickly without removing the headset. Again, just a minor point that I think would add to the experience but not necessary at all.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
One thing I really wish they added to PSVR was a button to view the PS camera. There have been a bunch of times where I want to grab something off the coffee table in front of me and have to fumble blindly to get it. (Its an incredibly minor complaint since I could just lift the helmet and then put it back on). Everything else is so well done in VR I feel like this would be the icing on the cake. Holding down the options button at any time to recenter the viewing angle is genius. Maybe they could implement something like double tap the touch pad twice to pause the game and view the ps camera. Maybe in the future they could even put a small camera on the front of the headset to be able to use it to see your surroundings quickly without removing the headset. Again, just a minor point that I think would add to the experience but not necessary at all.
Hold the PS button, go to VR settings and check camera or something like that.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Hold the PS button, go to VR settings and check camera or something like that.
Yeah thats more steps than I had in mind. I know what you're talking about too. I was thinking something as easy as the "hold options to reset position" function.
Something quick. Going into the menu and all that it would be quicker to just take the headset off and put it back on.
I'll try what you said though and see if I can get used to it.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
@Fatboi1 I saw what you said about the graphics being weaker than the PS4 versions. You're right, but (and maybe its just me) the level of immersion has been so impressive that I haven;t care in the least bit about graphics. Playing drive club was incredible to me and I didn't care (or even really notice) that the background was crappy. I was just having so much fun feeling like I was really in that car that everything else was irrelevant to me.

Sidenote: Sorry if I blow up this thread. I'm really happy with the PSVR and have no one else to talk about it since I don't know anyone else that has it.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
The Golds are too big imo. the included headphones are fine.
Whats the longest you've played?
I had yesterday off and for one session I played for about 5 hours straight without taking the headset off.
When I took it off I noticed I had a bit of eye strain.
Also (and I have no clue if this can be attributed to the PSVR or if it's just a coincidence) I had SEVERAL, very vivid dreams last night. Which is weird because I don't dream too often, and they aren't as vivid as they were last night.
(Dreamed about riding a motorcycle on a highway fast as hell and then cutting through alleyways. Had other similar dreams too. Driving cars, flying planes. I mention it because I don't remember ever having so many different dreams that felt so real and waking up and remembering them all. Might be a coincidence though).

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Whats the longest you've played?
I had yesterday off and for one session I played for about 5 hours straight without taking the headset off.
When I took it off I noticed I had a bit of eye strain.
Also (and I have no clue if this can be attributed to the PSVR or if it's just a coincidence) I had SEVERAL, very vivid dreams last night. Which is weird because I don't dream too often, and they aren't as vivid as they were last night.
(Dreamed about riding a motorcycle on a highway fast as hell and then cutting through alleyways. Had other similar dreams too. Driving cars, flying planes. I mention it because I don't remember ever having so many different dreams that felt so real and waking up and remembering them all. Might be a coincidence though).
I don't actually play for long stretches of time as I'm generally going back and forth on doing stuff on the computer so I'd say maybe an hour straight? I rarely get a full undisturbed gaming session these days. I just periodically use it throughout the day.

Do you get drifting issues on yours?? Like the image will just drift to the left and you have to recenter the screen to get it back.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I don't actually play for long stretches of time as I'm generally going back and forth on doing stuff on the computer so I'd say maybe an hour straight? I rarely get a full undisturbed gaming session these days. Do you get drifting issues on yours?? Like the image will just drift to the left and you have to recenter the screen to get it back.
The only game I experienced drifting was in the nightmare demo that comes on the demo disc, Here They Lie.
But all I did was recenter the screen once and it was perfect. I didn't like that game though. Controlling player movement with my head is unnatural to me and made me a little sick.
The headset is comfortable to wear over long sessions. A lot of times I completely forgot I had it on. A few times some one would sit next to me and ask me a question and I would instinctively look in their direction thinking I could see them and then realize I had the headset on still.
After a long session last night I winded down by watching a few episodes of Seinfeld on Hulu and actually fell asleep with the headset on.