The Official PlayStation 5 Thread: Dawn Of PS5 Pro

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
For those complaining about the SSD size, i dont think next-gen games will take as much space as this gen did,
mostly because developers had to cached as much data as they could into the PS4's HDD . I imagine with sony
ultra fast ssd, game data might load instantly or close to it.
Less cached data frees them up to add more stuff into the game data anyway though. I don't think game sizes will shrink that much, if at all.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Report: Sony making fewer PS5s, ‘struggling’ with price

Sony will make only 5 to 6 million PlayStation 5s in the new console’s first two quarters on sale, Bloomberg News reported on Thursday, because the company is grappling with the price and availability of the PS5’s components.

The number is short of the 7.5 million PlayStation 4 systems that Sony sold from November 2013 to March 2014, Bloomberg noted. The company’s manufacturing partners were recently informed by Sony of the 5 to 6 million figure, which isn’t influenced by the COVID-19 global pandemic, Bloomberg said.

RELATED

Sony reveals the PlayStation 5 controller, the DualSense
It’s more that the guts of the machine are so expensive and rare that Sony has been looking at a price tag in the neighborhood of $499 to $549. Bloomberg has characterized Sony as “struggling” with the price announcement; the PlayStation 4 launched at $399. The base model is now $299 and the PS4 Pro, which launched in 2016, is $399.

In 2006, Sony launched the PlayStation 3 at $499.99, with a higher-end configuration at $599.99. The announced price was widely mocked by the gaming public and blamed for that console’s slow sales relative to the Xbox 360.

While the coronavirus outbreak is, so far, only affecting Sony’s promotional plans for the PS5, Bloomberg’s sources say that could still affect the production orders. Sony’s board of directors was supposed to approve the business plan for the PS5 at a March meeting, but that hasn’t happened as Japan, like most of the world, has been under stay-home orders to contain the virus’ spread. Sony has already announced that its report of quarterly figures, scheduled for April 30, may be pushed back, too.

Ultimately, Bloomberg’s sources say Sony will delay the PlayStation 5’s launch only if Microsoft does the same for its Xbox Series X console, also expected to hit stores in the customary holiday period at year’s end.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Ps5 PC comparison for upcoming title

Will run at 4k 60frames on next gen

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Selling my 2nd PS4 Pro and my Xbox One X in preparation for the new generation. Selling both to a co-worker for $320 combined. With all my cash back off my credit cards I'll have about $800 combined tomorrow to put towards both new consoles. I'm planning on both costing $500 each so I'm almost there. Might cash out all my Speedway reward points and get that $100 Visa Gift Card too. At first I wasn't gonna get that new Xbox but fukk it I'll get both on launch.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
PlayStation 5 mass production to begin in June with simultaneous global launch planned; PS5 reveal event could land in late May or early June

Fans are creating artistic PS5 concept designs while waiting for Sony to show off the real console. (Image source: Reddit- u/ruddi2020)
PlayStation 5 consoles will apparently start being assembled as part of the mass-production process in June. With the huge E3 trade event now cancelled because of the coronavirus pandemic, it has been claimed that there will be next-gen console or game showcases to fill the gap. PlayStation boss Jim Ryan wants the PS5 made globally available at launch time.
by Daniel R Deakin, 2020/04/20
Console Gamecheck Gaming Business Rumor

The recent revealing Bloomberg article about Sony potentially limiting the PlayStation 5’ s output during the first two quarters of its product life cycle has also thrown up some more interesting information about the much-anticipated next-gen console. It appears Sony is all geared up to put the PS5’s expensivecomponents into the hands of the assemblers for mass production, which according to the Bloomberg report will begin in June. Of course, there is still the chance this step could end up being delayed depending on what happens in regard to Covid-19 over the next weeks.

Noted games-industry analyst Daniel Ahmad has been commenting about the gap left by the cancellation of the E3 show. He believes that many of the announcements and reveals that were planned for E3 will now, obviously, be shown either earlier or later. But most tellingly, he has stated that “The first proper next gen console/games showcase is much earlier too.” He could be talking about either the PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X, or even both consoles, so it could be possible that Sony might show off the PS5 and/or some games at the end of May or beginning of June. Yet again though, these events could end up being adversely affected by the coronavirus pandemic.

Ahmad has also mentioned a Sony corporate strategy meeting that will take place on May 19. He has stressed that this will not be specifically a PlayStation meeting but “PlayStation strategy” will be discussed, so a few tasty PS5 tidbits might be revealed at that time. SIE chief Jim Ryan is apparently determined that gamers around the world should be able to get their hands on the PS5 at the same time, with Bloomberg quoting sources in the know that the PlayStation executive is seeking a simultaneous global launch for the next-gen console. However, it might end up being Covid-19 that has the final say on any of these rumored plans.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
decided I’m pretty much holding out on a PS5 until spider-man 2 drop...they’d have to drop one hell of an exclusive prior to that for me to cave

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
What y’all gaming heads feel about Turtle Beach ?