The Official PlayStation 5 Thread: Dawn Of PS5 Pro

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Sony's hasn't figured out a way to implement that 3D audio fully into a surround sound setup and is going with what currently exists on ps4 until the get it figured out.

Kinda sucks for people with a beast audio setup.

PlayStation 5 uncovered: the Mark Cerny tech deep dive

"With TV speakers and stereo speakers, the user can choose to enable or disable 'TV Virtual Surround,' so the audio pipeline needs to be able to produce audio that does not have the 3D aspects that I was talking about," Mark Cerny explains. "Virtual surround sound works in a sweet spot, and the user might not be seated in that sweet spot, or the user might be playing couch co-op (hard to fit both players in the sweet spot), etc. When virtual surround sound is enabled, HRTF based algorithms are used. When it is disabled, a simple downmix is performed - eg the location of a 3D sound object determines to what degree its sound comes from the left speaker and to what degree it comes from the right speaker."

As he mentioned in his presentation, there is a basic implementation for TV and stereo speakers up and running and the PlayStation 5 hardware team continues to optimise it.

"Once we're satisfied with our solution for these two channel systems we will turn to the issue of 5.1 and 7.1 systems," adds Cerny. "For now, though the 5.1 and 7.1 channel systems get a solution that approximates what we have now on PS4, which is to say the locations of the sound objects determine to what degree their sounds come out of each speaker."

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Sony's hasn't figured out a way to implement that 3D audio fully into a surround sound setup and is going with what currently exists on ps4 until the get it figured out.

Kinda sucks for people with a beast audio setup.

PlayStation 5 uncovered: the Mark Cerny tech deep dive

"With TV speakers and stereo speakers, the user can choose to enable or disable 'TV Virtual Surround,' so the audio pipeline needs to be able to produce audio that does not have the 3D aspects that I was talking about," Mark Cerny explains. "Virtual surround sound works in a sweet spot, and the user might not be seated in that sweet spot, or the user might be playing couch co-op (hard to fit both players in the sweet spot), etc. When virtual surround sound is enabled, HRTF based algorithms are used. When it is disabled, a simple downmix is performed - eg the location of a 3D sound object determines to what degree its sound comes from the left speaker and to what degree it comes from the right speaker."

As he mentioned in his presentation, there is a basic implementation for TV and stereo speakers up and running and the PlayStation 5 hardware team continues to optimise it.

"Once we're satisfied with our solution for these two channel systems we will turn to the issue of 5.1 and 7.1 systems," adds Cerny. "For now, though the 5.1 and 7.1 channel systems get a solution that approximates what we have now on PS4, which is to say the locations of the sound objects determine to what degree their sounds come out of each speaker."
Hey man that's great news, so the technology isn't ready yet but one day it'll be spectacular :tu:

I just hope they not lying about things, i mean, lying is mandatory over there. Oh, what's this...

Dolby Disputes Sony's Claim About Atmos But Is Excited About PS5 Audio

For my Sony fans, this link isn't from windows central so i hope you likie...

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Hey man that's great news, so the technology isn't ready yet but one day it'll be spectacular :tu:

I just hope they not lying about things, i mean, lying is mandatory over there. Oh, what's this...

Dolby Disputes Sony's Claim About Atmos But Is Excited About PS5 Audio

For my Sony fans, this link isn't from windows central so i hope you likie...
Did you even read that link?
:stopitslime:

Tempest audio even being compared to Dolby Atmos is a win.

Dolby Atmos has nothing to do with gaming.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Did you even read that link?
:stopitslime:

Tempest audio even being compared to Dolby Atmos is a win.

Dolby Atmos has nothing to do with gaming.
First off, did you read the article? I mean you talking like you did which means you didn't understand any of it? Maybe lying being mandatory is what's happening here and you're just being a company guy?

Tempest audio being compared is a win? But mark cerny in his address claimed tempest audio is better. My link is Dolby calling Sony liars and breakdown where they lying and then fired a kill shot saying in most cases you wouldn't track hundreds of objects at once, doesn't sound good like that. There is a sweet spot that developers would settle on

Sony got schooled, you just too much of a fanboy :snoop:

As for Dolby having nothing to do with gaming, @Rekkapryde and @Mowgli used to rave about it during the ps3 era (actually it was Dolby dts) but the ps4 doesn't support Dolby and i guess neither will the ps5. So they gotta do this to keep up :ufdup: xbox and PC been eating. Here, let me educate you on this subject...

Dolby Atmos for gaming: What is it and what games support it?

I might need to change my name to nes because now you're playing with power!

And Knowledge is power :win:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
That new DF tech deep dive pretty much confirms all the shyt being spread the last two weeks was just FUD. The windows central dudes were shameless.

Can't wait to see what Polyphony does with all that power.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That new DF tech deep dive pretty much confirms all the shyt being spread the last two weeks was just FUD. The windows central dudes were shameless.

Can't wait to see what Polyphony does with all that power.
Yes, the FUD being spread is a concerted effort by crazed Xbox fans. Receipts literally found thanks to someone on the inside on a discord server.

https://www.thecoli.com/posts/37140837/

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Yes, the FUD being spread is a concerted effort by crazed Xbox fans. Receipts literally found thanks to someone on the inside on a discord server.

https://www.thecoli.com/posts/37140837/
Figured as much. I was reading those threads and wondering what the mods over there was deleting. You just have to laugh at the hypocrisy of some of those dudes.