The Official PlayStation 5 Thread: Dawn Of PS5 Pro

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's overplaying his hand. He has no credibility where PlayStation information is concerned. It's a naked attempt to force their hand.

Just checked his timeline, and looks like you're right. Seems to be a Microsoft focused writer. I appreciate the work, but he needs to chill. He's victory lapping like shyt right now. :mjlol:

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Its really hard for me to believe this was not planned by Xbox themselves..these companies have NDA for posting gameplay 1 day before release, you think they dont have one for a whole console reveal??

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Its really hard for me to believe this was not planned by Xbox themselves..these companies have NDA for posting gameplay 1 day before release, you think they dont have one for a whole console reveal??
IMO a lot of "leaks" are suspect. these companies knows it generates hype, and people like thinking they got some "inside information"

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
IMO a lot of "leaks" are suspect. these companies knows it generates hype, and people like thinking they got some "inside information"
Especially this one, how is a person so bold in leaking a whole console with his face on it..the gaming companies have some of the most strict NDAs, they will get your shyt removed right away. This with the fact that Xbox played along and posted memes:sas2:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
PS4 released at 400 and cost 370 to produce
PS5 cost 450 to produce

It’s hard for me to see Sony release consoles at a 50 dollar increment it’s bad, uncommon trend.
I just find it hard to believe they are willing to take this deep of a loss on the DE but 500/600 is too high for average console consumer.
This is all fun to watch. :manny:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
PS4 released at 400 and cost 370 to produce
PS5 cost 450 to produce

It’s hard for me to see Sony release consoles at a 50 dollar increment it’s bad, uncommon trend.
I just find it hard to believe they are willing to take this deep of a loss on the DE but 500/600 is too high for average consumer.

psn revenue is up a substantial amount to the tune of billions compared to 2013.

not saying they want to lose money on each console, but they have a vested interest in keeping there market share (and expanding).

A lower price gets people to adopt faster and helps the product life cycle move from early adopter/enthusiast phase to main stream consumption faster.

600x-1

PS4 sales have spiked since the lockdown

"I think, to the extent that the technology enables the graphics side of it to become more interesting and life-like, [the games] will become slightly more human intensive and capital intensive to produce," Ryan notes. "So yes, we think there probably will be an increase in development budgets. We don't see it as being a massive increase,

600x-1

PS4 sales have spiked since the lockdown

"I think, to the extent that the technology enables the graphics side of it to become more interesting and life-like, [the games] will become slightly more human intensive and capital intensive to produce," Ryan notes. "So yes, we think there probably will be an increase in development budgets. We don't see it as being a massive increase, and that's why we want to do more faster than we have ever done before, to provide a fertile install base for people who make games to be able to monetise against. If we can keep pace with a likely increase in development costs, then the industry can continue to prosper."

to me, this quote is key, and illustrates what I was saying. The money is in the software itself and getting a big, active user base engaged with it and making purchases within the software.

• Dap
Reactions: MMA
Daps
psn revenue is up a substantial amount to the tune of billions compared to 2013.

not saying they want to lose money on each console, but they have a vested interest in keeping there market share (and expanding).

A lower price gets people to adopt faster and helps the product life cycle move from early adopter/enthusiast phase to main stream consumption faster.

to me, this quote is key, and illustrates what I was saying. The money is in the software itself and getting a big, active user base engaged with it and making purchases within the software.
I can see Sony doing 350/450 because they have the software and mindbase to do it even though they can still do 400/500
Spiderman MM will probably have record numbers and they have a good amount of AAA titles releasing next year
100 loss on the DE and 0 loss on the physical if it really does cost 450 to make