The Official PlayStation 5 Thread: Dawn Of PS5 Pro

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I would say yall wilding buying multiple controllers but I got 2 8BitDo joints for my Switch and Tablet/ShieldTV :dead:

If a midnight black PS5 drops this holiday for that controller :wow:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This is good to hear from Jim Ryan, basically says you don’t get great games by just throwing a bunch of money at studios you gotta let them actually cook and come up with creative shyt on their own. Sony isn’t their overseer, they didn’t even know sucker punch was gonna end up making GoT...

He also says that, there was a great emphasis on not starting this gen off slow like the PS4 did

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs for someone who has been out of the next gen loop, what would you recommend on the PS5?
Also is the system backwards compatible?
Is there an updated version of last of us 2 and final fantasy 7 released on the console?

What games are coming on the horizon which are a big deal?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Also is the system backwards compatible?

It plays every ps4 game. And you can play a bunch of other past gen games with psnow

Is there an updated version of last of us 2 and final fantasy 7 released on the console?

Both games have PS5 patches, The Last of Us 2 is 60fps, and has faster load speeds, FF7 Remake Intergrade is also a free upgrade which has photo mode, a performance mode for 60fps or fidelity for 4k, it also has improved load times, graphics, and a few other things. God of war, tsushima and a bunch of other games you should check out.

These are all the games with enhancements

PS4 to PS5: All Games with Confirmed Free Upgrades

Also you get all these games with PS Plus membership free:

swibiheiz1t51.jpg

Brehs for someone who has been out of the next gen loop, what would you recommend on the PS5?

It depends on the type of games you like...so far my favorites have been Demon’s Souls, Ratchet and Clank and Spider-man. If you like challenging/souls-like stuff pick up Demon’s and Returnal. If you want something co-op Sackboy’s big adventure and Dirt are fun. Also control ultimate is dope and has dual sense and 60fps but i think it might cost extra, it was free a few months ago on ps plus.

If you have PS Plus right now you’re good but keep and eye on:

1-Year PlayStation Plus Membership (PS+) - PS3/PS4/PS5 Digital Code (USA)

They always have it at a discount, I’ve gotten it as low as 24 dollars a year, right now its 38 which is still 22 dollars off.

Upcoming games-

• Kena is in August
  • Deathloop in September
  • Sifu In the fall
  • Ghostwire Planned for October (prob not)
  • Horizon forbidden West is holiday
Early to Mid next year-
  • God of War Ragnarok
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • Forspoken
  • Final Fantasy 16
Thats all we have an idea of as far as PlayStation stuff coming out until whenever they have their conference.

Then you have 3rd party stuff:

Scarlet Nexus next week
Psychonauts 2 in august
Far Cry 6
Battlefield 2042
Hades next month
Tales of Arise
Back 4 Blood
GoTG Etc.

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It plays every ps4 game. And you can play a bunch of other past gen games with psnow

Both games have PS5 patches, The Last of Us 2 is 60fps, and has faster load speeds, FF7 Remake Intergrade is also a free upgrade which has photo mode, a performance mode for 60fps or fidelity for 4k, it also has improved load times, graphics, and a few other things. God of war, tsushima and a bunch of other games you should check out.

These are all the games with enhancements

PS4 to PS5: All Games with Confirmed Free Upgrades

Also you get all these games with PS Plus membership free:

swibiheiz1t51.jpg

It depends on the type of games you like...so far my favorites have been Demon’s Souls, Ratchet and Clank and Spider-man. If you like challenging/souls-like stuff pick up Demon’s and Returnal. If you want something co-op Sackboy’s big adventure and Dirt are fun. Also control ultimate is dope and has dual sense and 60fps but i think it might cost extra, it was free a few months ago on ps plus.

If you have PS Plus right now you’re good but keep and eye on:

1-Year PlayStation Plus Membership (PS+) - PS3/PS4/PS5 Digital Code (USA)

They always have it at a discount, I’ve gotten it as low as 24 dollars a year, right now its 38 which is still 22 dollars off.

Upcoming games-

• Kena is in August
  • Deathloop in September
  • Sifu In the fall
  • Ghostwire Planned for October (prob not)
  • Horizon forbidden West is holiday
Early to Mid next year-
  • God of War Ragnarok
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • Forspoken
  • Final Fantasy 16
Thats all we have an idea of as far as PlayStation stuff coming out until whenever they have their conference.

Then you have 3rd party stuff:

Scarlet Nexus next week
Psychonauts 2 in august
Far Cry 6
Battlefield 2042
Hades next month
Tales of Arise
Back 4 Blood
GoTG Etc.
Thanks breh, I play pretty much any genre of game barring western RPG'S, last gen I concluded with God of war and Spiderman and prior to that I was big on the Uncharted series.

I missed out on the second version of the last of us and the final fantasy remake, which I am assuming has been completed now?

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Thanks breh, I play pretty much any genre of game barring western RPG'S, last gen I concluded with completed God of war and Spiderman and prior to that I was big on the Uncharted series.

I missed out on the second version of the last of us and the final fantasy remake, which I am assuming is completed now?

Last of Us 2 is as done as its gonna be theres a rumored stand alone multiplayer coming later though. If theres another remaster its probably years away. Final fantasy remake is just episode 1, who knows when the sequels are coming but theres a new DLC which is 20 dollars starring Yuffie. It’s like 4-5 hours long..

Also a lot of people play uncharted 4 but miss out on Lost Legacy so just in case you never played that, check it out

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Anyone messed up their controller yet? Was playing FIFA last night and my L2 button stopped working. Smh.