The Official PlayStation 5 Thread: Dawn Of PS5 Pro

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not much better, I much rather have 1080/60 fps
:hhh:

Get with the times man. 1080P/60fps is so 2012. It's 2019, we on 1440P/144fps. TVs will soon start to support variable refresh rate so these new consoles will support that giving you an even SMOOTHER gameplay while still getting higher resolution graphics.

This dude said 1080P/60fps like that's the best we got. Even PS4 Pro got some 1440P or higher/60fps games.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Imma need some receipts for that claim sir,
What you want me to go through all the games and their ps4 pro settings?

Most games have a setting that asks you to choose between a hard frame rate and worse graphics or the inverse. I know since I just downloaded last of us, 1080/60 or 1440 30 or 2140 30 was all different options along with shadow detail. It's in the new borderlands.. It's on the one joint with Aloy and the robot monsters.. Etc etc

Ok so maybe I shouldn't have said most... But there's a lot of games with that setting in there. Most people don't even notice it but it's usually in the visual settings if you have a Pro.. I'm just saying with BC, I'm sure they'll push it. And then keep it as an option on more games as they build out. Without having two sku's, they should be making everything universal.

Last edited:

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
:hhh:

Get with the times man. 1080P/60fps is so 2012. It's 2019, we on 1440P/144fps. TVs will soon start to support variable refresh rate so these new consoles will support that giving you an even SMOOTHER gameplay while still getting higher resolution graphics.

This dude said 1080P/60fps like that's the best we got. Even PS4 Pro got some 1440P or higher/60fps games.
Imma need some proof sir, they claimed 1080/60 was gonna be the standard this generation

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Open World Tech Demo Running On Navi-Based Hardware Shows What The PlayStation 5 Will Be Capable Of

By Francesco De Meo / Oct 14

While we have heard plenty of rumors regarding the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlett, we still don't have a good idea of what the consoles are capable of doing. According to a recent report, things will be going way beyond what we have seen in the most impressive games of the current generation.

A new report posted by a former GameFan magazine editor on ResetEra revealed that he has recently seen a tech demo of a multiplatform open-world game that is in development for PlayStation 5, Xbox Scarlett and PC. This demo, which is not all that polished, runs at a solid performance and it's way ahead of games like Red Dead Redemption 2 and The Last of Us Part 2 in terms of scope, lighting and environment dynamics.

RELATEDXFX Radeon RX 5500 THICC II Custom Navi 14 Graphics Card Pictured – Sleek Design, Single 8-Pin Power Connector

The demo I saw had the very best real time graphics I've ever seen. And what I mean by that is it looked like a real game you can play.

Not some super polished UE4 or Unity technical demo that you would see at gdc.

To me, there was no mistaking this for a current generation on PC or console.

To be clear, in terms of scope, lighting and environment dynamics, RDR2 or TLOU2 aren't even in the same time zone as this.

and yeah, it kinda was like a Shadowfall moment to me in that it seemed totally different from what I've been used to in the previous generation.

Now granted, Framerate was maybe 25 to 30-ish and it was early, early,early. But I actually said out loud WTF when I first saw it.

Shadows, in particular, are impressive, and the overall picture quality is solid, which should be a given, considering the hinted power of the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlett.

One thing I found really interesting was the quality of the shadows. I especially noticed there were some approx 2-3ft high bushes. When they were swaying in the wind they were casting moving shadows with fukking PERFECT detail. No shimmering or stairstepping at all.

And I am talking about a bush with maybe 75-100 branches and 100s of leaves on it!

Casting. Perfect.fukking. Shadows.

Keep in mind this was just a random, whateverthefukk bush!

Also

The overall picture quality was astoundingly solid....like it used some super duper AA.

The game is full 2160p, but again, has no shimmering whatsoever. Just a really solid resolve to the graphics.

It's also been confirmed that this demo is running on Navi-based hardware, so it could be running on a PlayStation 5 devkit.

It was running on Navi-based hardware. So a current for the time PS5 development kit.(June 2019).

The PlayStation 5 console launches next year worldwide.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Open World Tech Demo Running On Navi-Based Hardware Shows What The PlayStation 5 Will Be Capable Of

While we have heard plenty of rumors regarding the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlett, we still don't have a good idea of what the consoles are capable of doing. According to a recent report, things will be going way beyond what we have seen in the most impressive games of the current generation.

A new report posted by a former GameFan magazine editor on ResetEra revealed that he has recently seen a tech demo of a multiplatform open-world game that is in development for PlayStation 5, Xbox Scarlett and PC. This demo, which is not all that polished, runs at a solid performance and it's way ahead of games like Red Dead Redemption 2 and The Last of Us Part 2 in terms of scope, lighting and environment dynamics.

RELATEDXFX Radeon RX 5500 THICC II Custom Navi 14 Graphics Card Pictured – Sleek Design, Single 8-Pin Power Connector

The demo I saw had the very best real time graphics I've ever seen. And what I mean by that is it looked like a real game you can play.

To be clear, in terms of scope, lighting and environment dynamics, RDR2 or TLOU2 aren't even in the same time zone as this.

and yeah, it kinda was like a Shadowfall moment to me in that it seemed totally different from what I've been used to in the previous generation.

Now granted, Framerate was maybe 25 to 30-ish and it was early, early,early. But I actually said out loud WTF when I first saw it.

Shadows, in particular, are impressive, and the overall picture quality is solid, which should be a given, considering the hinted power of the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlett.

One thing I found really interesting was the quality of the shadows. I especially noticed there were some approx 2-3ft high bushes. When they were swaying in the wind they were casting moving shadows with fukking PERFECT detail. No shimmering or stairstepping at all.

And I am talking about a bush with maybe 75-100 branches and 100s of leaves on it!

Also

The overall picture quality was astoundingly solid....like it used some super duper AA.

The game is full 2160p, but again, has no shimmering whatsoever. Just a really solid resolve to the graphics.

It's also been confirmed that this demo is running on Navi-based hardware, so it could be running on a PlayStation 5 devkit.

It was running on Navi-based hardware. So a current for the time PS5 development kit.(June 2019).

to add to this, the person that made this post, kleegamefan, is supposedly going back out to California to see more, this Thursday, and will try to give more impressions afterwards.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Playstation UK put up a poll asking people what games they want to play on launch for the PS5. HZD 2 was on there. So good news it looks. That has to confirm it being a launch title for the system.

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps

Also

25-30 FPS. Eh