The Official Playstation 4 Thread - News and Info

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm trying to think of another game to get. BF4 is coming with my console. I only want one more cause GTA V is still coming out and i'll be playing that too. I wanna play Watch Dogs but i need that next gen 2K piff:noah:

KZ looks great tbf.

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
PS4 Grabs 95% Of Consumer Votes After Amazon Ends Poll Early

xbox_one_56766.jpg

With nearly 95% of the vote (approximately 94.7% in favor of the PS4) Amazon has decided to end the user poll between the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 early. Back on June 13th the marketplace giant ran a Facebook poll to see which one consumers were more interested in between Microsoft and Sony's consoles and it appears that gamers have spoken quite loudly with their Facebook voting.

For now, the final numbers read 38984 votes in favor of the PlayStation 4 with only 2162 votes in favor of the Xbox One. Does anyone know how many employees work at Microsoft?

Originally, the poll was supposed to run for a week and end on June 20th, giving gamers plenty of time to cast a vote and comment in favor of the console they were most looking forward to. Unfortunately, Amazon cut the poll short after there was a massive and clearly lopsided showing of favoritism for one product over the other. This could also be an easy indicator for companies to use as a gauge for the potential purchasing habits of gamers and casual consumers alike for this fall.

Thinking about this logically, there's no real reason as to why Amazon would have wanted to end the poll early given all the free publicity and traffic they were receiving from the unbiased and very public escapade. That is, unless things were cut short, potentially, under coercion from upper management?

In reality, the poll was definitely generating a lot of media buzz, especially from gaming outlets who covered the lopsided-as-a-poorly-done-boob-job poll, with an obvious reporting slant given in favor of Sony's upcoming PlayStation 4. It's not unlikely that the whole event could have incurred the intervention of reputation management agents, perhaps?

Personally, I really wanted to see what the voting habits were going to be like at the end of the official session between both consoles, but I guess we'll have to settle for what they ended up with.

Maybe the good folks at Forbes or Polygon can ping Amazon and find out what really happened? If I were a betting man I'd say a very nonsensical and boilerplate PR response is what we'll all end up with. Such is the fate of these kind of events during the propaganda-fueled warfare of corporate giants.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don't think one has to do with the other. PC players in general are more "elitists" ...then top it off with mouse control being more accurate....you have better players.

Cross game chat is golden for the competitivr player on consoles. Put only your team in a chat...don't have to listen to random at all. Everybody knows each other so there's no nonsense...get booted from the game you are still in the chat so you can still communicate about getting back in etc.

How could anyone hate on this...way better than texting back and forth taking your eyes away from the game.....and with a controller. Naturally talking is way more seamless and comfortable...and you don't take your eyes off the game.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Party Chat makes playing competitive games on Live a ghost town now if your boys aren't online. Takes away from the community honestly.

Live was much more interactive before Party Chat.

Now you have nikkas in a party chat with only 1 other person and their team can't talk to them because they stay in the chat. shyt is lame and takes away from a lot of games/matches

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

Party Chat makes playing competitive games on Live a ghost town now if your boys aren't online. Takes away from the community honestly.

Live was much more interactive before Party Chat.

Now you have nikkas in a party chat with only 1 other person and their team can't talk to them because they stay in the chat. shyt is lame and takes away from a lot of games/matches

At least make party chat to where the group isnt closed off from the other players.

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself

xbox_one_56766.jpg

With nearly 95% of the vote (approximately 94.7% in favor of the PS4) Amazon has decided to end the user poll between the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 early. Back on June 13th the marketplace giant ran a Facebook poll to see which one consumers were more interested in between Microsoft and Sony's consoles and it appears that gamers have spoken quite loudly with their Facebook voting.

For now, the final numbers read 38984 votes in favor of the PlayStation 4 with only 2162 votes in favor of the Xbox One. Does anyone know how many employees work at Microsoft?

Originally, the poll was supposed to run for a week and end on June 20th, giving gamers plenty of time to cast a vote and comment in favor of the console they were most looking forward to. Unfortunately, Amazon cut the poll short after there was a massive and clearly lopsided showing of favoritism for one product over the other. This could also be an easy indicator for companies to use as a gauge for the potential purchasing habits of gamers and casual consumers alike for this fall.

Thinking about this logically, there's no real reason as to why Amazon would have wanted to end the poll early given all the free publicity and traffic they were receiving from the unbiased and very public escapade. That is, unless things were cut short, potentially, under coercion from upper management?

In reality, the poll was definitely generating a lot of media buzz, especially from gaming outlets who covered the lopsided-as-a-poorly-done-boob-job poll, with an obvious reporting slant given in favor of Sony's upcoming PlayStation 4. It's not unlikely that the whole event could have incurred the intervention of reputation management agents, perhaps?

Personally, I really wanted to see what the voting habits were going to be like at the end of the official session between both consoles, but I guess we'll have to settle for what they ended up with.

Maybe the good folks at Forbes or Polygon can ping Amazon and find out what really happened? If I were a betting man I'd say a very nonsensical and boilerplate PR response is what we'll all end up with. Such is the fate of these kind of events during the propaganda-fueled warfare of corporate giants.

:blessed:

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Watch Dogs looks cool but I kinda wanna see a review first. Between TLOU then GTA V I doubt I'd have the time/patience to sit through a whole campaign unless its really good.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
When that Oculus Rift comes to PS4, its going to be :blessed: and it is coming. All Sony offered was a *no comment* with a smile when asked if the Rift was coming to PS4.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBylGcvRuek"]Oculus Rift Gameplay This Week / Demo - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEds92tY9QQ"]Mom Tries Oculus Rift Roller coaster - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eotXDXkIzpM#t=65s"]Funniest Oculus Rift Reaction Videos! - YouTube[/ame]

This shyt is dangerous. They better advise people to sit the fukk down when using this thing.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Rumors are circulating that the PS4 will drop in late October (Oct 29th).

Internal emails at Best Buy saying October 29th... :mjpls:
check my prediction right after the announcement. They are trying to bury the xbox one.

@Liquid is almost never wrong :obama:

Last edited by a moderator: