The Official Playstation 4 Thread - News and Info

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just came back.
13+-+1

The controller is really comfortable. In pics it looks like a small change but once you grasp the controller, you can really get a nice grip with it. The buttons and analog sticks felt nice and the touchpad wasnt very big. The triggers felt something like the real triggers that you'd put on the PS3 controller. it's not quite like the 360 triggers but it's good though.

Now demo wise I was very disappointed to be honest. You don't showcase a new console using half assed ports of last gen games and the game I'm talking about is Fifa 14. The game looks hardly different from current gen versions at a glance and only thing I noticed was it's just a nice cleaner image but nothing too drastic. I don't care about soccer so I tried to exit out the game but it seems like the system wasn't doing anything when I pressed the PS button. I think the unit was stuck on Fifa.

Knack I didn't get to play because some kids were on it but graphically it looked okay in some parts and some parts looked a littler nice but it doesn't look like something you'd never see playing on current gen. I wanted to play it but I just decided to leave since this kid was playing it for a long time. It looked difficult though as this one dude who was playing it when i first got in there was dying repeatedly. I don't think there was any other demos there so that's what kind of ticked me off.

There was this troll there coming in saying the games looked like Playstation 3.5 and dreamcast. He was then joking about how he could try and steal the PS4 since it was only a shell out on the counter. You can hear him talking near the end of the video saying something about "Playstation 2 hardware."

Terrible way imo to show new hardware because those games simply weren't screaming next gen. I wish they had a demo for Killzone and Resogun or Driveclub at least. Still excited to get mines day 1 still.

Last edited:

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
Just came back.
13+-+1

The controller is really comfortable. In pics it looks like a small change but once you grasp the controller, you can really get a nice grip with it. The buttons and analog sticks felt nice and the touchpad wasnt very big. The triggers felt something like the real triggers that you'd put on the PS3 controller. it's not quite like the 360 triggers but it's good though.

Now demo wise I was very disappointed to be honest. You don't showcase a new console using half assed ports of last gen games and the game I'm talking about is Fifa 14. The game looks hardly different from current gen versions at a glance and only thing I noticed was it's just a nice cleaner image but nothing too drastic. I don't care about soccer so I tried to exit out the game but it seems like the system wasn't doing anything when I pressed the PS button. I think the unit was stuck on Fifa.

Knack I didn't get to play because some kids were on it but graphically it looked okay in some parts and some parts looked a littler nice but it doesn't look like something you'd never see playing on current gen. I wanted to play it but I just decided to leave since this kid was playing it for a long time. It looked difficult though as this one dude who was playing it when i first got in there was dying repeatedly. I don't think there was any other demos there so that's what kind of ticked me off.

There was this troll there coming in saying the games looked like Playstation 3.5 and dreamcast. He was then joking about how he could try and steal the PS4 since it was only a shell out on the counter.

Terrible way imo to show new hardware because those games simply weren't screaming next gen. I wish they had a demo for Killzone and Resogun or Driveclub at least. Still excited to get mines day 1 still.

Was this in NY or Long Island?

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
Long Island. It was in a mall on Grand Central pkwy. I was with my cousin and on the whim we felt like going there since we had some time on our hand.

I got a email to go up there, but im not driving that far.

Wish it was semi local

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just came back.
13+-+1

There was this troll there coming in saying the games looked like Playstation 3.5 and dreamcast. He was then joking about how he could try and steal the PS4 since it was only a shell out on the counter. You can hear him talking near the end of the video saying something about "Playstation 2 hardware."

Seriously... no Killzone again! I swear Microsoft wants everyone to try Titan Fall. Its probably the best looking game and leading in preorders in terms of Exclusives. They don't want anyone to play the game does that worry anyone besides me?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Seriously... no Killzone again! I swear Microsoft wants everyone to try Titan Fall. Its probably the best looking game and leading in preorders in terms of Exclusives. They don't want anyone to play the game does that worry anyone besides me?
:snooze: This was at a SONY STORE.

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly. Fifa and Knack aren't what people want to see. They want to see Titanfall :troll:

Say what you will but you came away disappointed. Mission Accomplished I guess. By what you are telling me I'm all in on PS4. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Say what you will but you came away disappointed. Mission Accomplished I guess. By what you are telling me I'm all in on PS4. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Yea I was disappointed in Fifa 14 and the lack of demos there. PS4 is still on my day 1 list. As a matter of fact I'm about to throw down $100 on it right now on Amazon Nnnnga

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea I was disappointed in Fifa 14 and the lack of demos there. PS4 is still on my day 1 list. As a matter of fact I'm about to throw down $100 on it right now on Amazon Nnnnga

That's why they can have BS demos like that. People can play em not like them and say hey I'm still getting it... I think if Killzone is as dope as it looks then they would have done better by putting a demo of it up. what do you think?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's why they can have BS demos like that. People can play em not like them and say hey I'm still getting it... I think if Killzone is as dope as it looks then they would have done better by putting a demo of it up. what do you think?
I think I want some new p*ssy.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

:snoop: Don't you mean EA wants everyone to try Titanfall?!! At the various events, "Titanfall" has been in EA's booth, not Microsoft's. And they've been demoing the PC version of "Titanfall", not the Xbox1 or Xbox360 version. Also, "Titanfall" isn't even charting in the preorders Top 40 chart: http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/41560/USA/