The Official Playstation 4 Thread - News and Info

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Good shyt. And they will definitely work with the ps4? Still gonna get them if they don't tho.

Yeah but not at launch Sony said they was gonna put out a patch to make them compatible to the PS4.

Nah, you're still good at launch since the DS4 has a port to plug in the Pulse Elites.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Nah Meach, the Pulse elites WILL work when plugged into the 3.5mm jack. Remember that the Great Value Headsets that come with the system plug into the 3.5mm jack for audio AND chat. The pulses come with a 3.5 mm cord that you can use to plug in to use on other devices (vita, phone, etc.).

the "downside" is that you will probably only be able to receive 2 channel stereo output for sound vs the surround you got via USB.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Nah Meach, the Pulse elites WILL work when plugged into the 3.5mm jack. Remember that the Great Value Headsets that come with the system plug into the jack for audio AND chat. The pulses come with a 3.5 mm cord that you can use to plug in to use on other devices (vita, phone, etc.).

It's not the connection that's the problem. It's the audio codec.

The pulse headsets use the old codec, they need to update the ps4 to tell those headsets how to work.

I posted a statement directly from Sony saying that the chat function won't work until after the patch. I don't understand why you ignored that.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
It's not the connection that's the problem. It's the audio codec.

The pulse headsets use the old codec, they need to update the ps4 to tell those headsets how to work.

I posted a statement directly from Sony saying that the chat function won't work until after the patch. I don't understand why you ignored that.

You're right (when the headsets use the USB adapter).

When it's plugged in via the 3.5mm jack, it's just a regular 2 channel headset with a mic. It just goes from a Lambo to Civic.