Essential The Official Photography Thread

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
are any of you making money with your cameras?

If so, how? How much does it generate for you? Etc.

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama

I sold 3 prints yesterday because of the Photographers directory and that paid my rent.

I have a regular job but Ive made a lot of money from photography the last few months. I became a contributor to vogue magazine recently...had some pics make it on the blog but If I get in the actual magazine lets just say I could take a few months off work.

For me I went to school for engineering and that's what I chose. I cant really switch careers. But for photography I'm just trying to land the most prestigious gigs I can and build my body of work so when Photography jobs come I can charge a premium.

I want to shoot Models, musicians, and actors for magazines like GQ and Vogue. I also want have shows and sell my fine art pieces. That's the only place I want to go photography wise, no half way shyt shooting weddings and class pictures. The only way I can see to get there is to just to be original, build my body of work, improve, and hopefully get noticed. Ive made some waves here and there but I really this year something special might happen...got some things in the works and I have a show on the 22nd thats sponsored by redbull.

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
ezg412.jpg

...this is right next to the main Apple store out here in NYC. I took it walking around kinda drunk one night.

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL

Hobby for me, but I got a paid wedding gig coming up in April. I want to do jobs like that so i can upgrade my equipment...This is a hobby where nikkas droppin 2 stacks for a single lense :merchant:

23wws5t.jpg

...this shyt took me like an hr to edit...I love this pic and kept going back and forth on how to give it a look with a different effect style that I barely use. I took it while walking around during lunch.

:myman: Im diggin this...what did the untouched image look like?

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Hobby for me, but I got a paid wedding gig coming up in April. I want to do jobs like that so i can upgrade my equipment...This is a hobby where nikkas droppin 2 stacks for a single lense :merchant:

:whew: