3O3A5615.jpg

3O3A5616.jpg

KBadd

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
P.G.
A few I took at a "Free Tony Lewis" rally here in D.C. at Black Lives Matter Plaza.

First time using the Canon RP and the 24-240 RF lens and I really like the versatility it offered so much that I may end up buying that combo.

IMG_0789 by Kenneth Williams, on Flickr

IMG_0793 by Kenneth Williams, on Flickr

IMG_0798 by Kenneth Williams, on Flickr

IMG_0799 by Kenneth Williams, on Flickr

IMG_0803 by Kenneth Williams, on Flickr

IMG_0804 by Kenneth Williams, on Flickr

IMG_0807 by Kenneth Williams, on Flickr

IMG_0809 by Kenneth Williams, on Flickr

IMG_1894 by Kenneth Williams, on Flickr

radio rahiem

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mount Vernon, NY via Trinidad & Tobago
Last edited:

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Finally got my hands on a Spotmatic.:blessed:

I know SLR camera bodies aren't a big deal, but I've been laser focused on getting one of these. The Canon AE-1 or Pentax K1000 are the hot buys (I don't really see either them in good condition for under $100) but these can be had for a little bit cheaper, or in my case, a helluva lot cheaper.

Winning bid came in at $14.:datazz:

Bought through the good will bidding site, and came along with an old, dirty leather case, 3 lenses, and a flash unit.

Of the lens, I'm only really interested in the Fujinon 55mm f2.2, which I'm reading is capable of producing interesting bokeh. It came with a bent Tiffen filter, but it screwed right off, and it's in excellent condition.

The camera itself is surprisingly in good shape. A few scuffs, but nothing really big like any dents, and it seems to be firing well and without issue! Ran into a problem with the battery compartment though -- it wouldn't open. Fortunately, this wouldn't prevent me from shooting with the camera, but it would render the built in meter useless. So of course, I had to go and try to pry this thing open.

I unscrewed the entire bottom plate off, and threw it in a bag of vinegar to eat away at the suspected culprit, battery corrosion.

After being submerged for 10 minutes, the battery compartment screwed right off and there was a small battery in there -- Eveready E400N. Can't find any information on that battery, so I'm just assuming that it's an old ass mercury battery left in for decades.

Don't know the extent of the corrosion, as the vinegar cleaned it up like new, but I'm hoping the meter can still operate when I pop in a new battery.

PXL-20210429-044125675.jpg

Got a confession tho.... I ended up buying a TESTED and working spotmatic from the same site for $24.:palm:

shyt should be coming in a few more days. Worst come to worst, i sell one of them off, but knowing my ass I'm just gonna keep both of them.

Wish I knew the owner history of this camera though. In it's condition, I would think this was just stored away in some senior's home. Plus it's nuts that the camera would still have a (suspected) mercury battery in it. Who knows though. Maybe someone else used it but never bothered with the battery or meter.

Edit: Popped the battery in and both the spotmatics have working light meters. The one that had the corroded battery is actually in better overall condition surprisingly.

Last edited: