Essential The Official Photography Thread

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
is a pocket flash worth it brehs?
I love my ad200. I can keep that, a little grip and a collapsible softbox in my bag and I've had some really good moments with impromptu portraits/product shots.

That being said, I almost always carry around a couple andycine R1's as well and they work. But going forward I may stay away because their switch has a pretty weak break point on the switch mechanism. :hhh:

richtree

Top Shotta, None Hotta!
Daps
Reppin
At the top.
is a pocket flash worth it brehs?

Gotta know what you're shooting ..
Friends who have the AD 200 PRO have stated it's got them out of some tight situations where lighting was a last minute issue.

Recently I was looking at the ad300 pro seems nice but obviously not as light weight ..

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Gotta know what you're shooting ..
Friends who have the AD 200 PRO have stated it's got them out of some tight situations where lighting was a last minute issue.

Recently I was looking at the ad300 pro seems nice but obviously not as light weight ..

Just trying to expand my gear a little. I presume this would be better than having a flash on your camera? I’m a idiot when it comes to pocket flash

richtree

Top Shotta, None Hotta!
Daps
Reppin
At the top.
Just trying to expand my gear a little. I presume this would be better than having a flash on your camera? I’m a idiot when it comes to pocket flash

I mean flash can get you out of a jam too but pocket flash has pretty good power for doing portrait sessions on the go when you got your softbox setup. The homie @8WON6 uses this for his ports that he posts ..you can see his quality is amazing

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I mean flash can get you out of a jam too but pocket flash has pretty good power for doing portrait sessions on the go when you got your softbox setup. The homie @8WON6 uses this for his ports that he posts ..you can see his quality is amazing

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I just mainly do weddings and travel photography (pre covid)
Ad200s or v1 work well in weddings, particularly during the receptions. They won't substitute on camera flash, but they do help fill the room a eliminate some of the fall off you see.

But they work well in conjunction with a speedlight and not in place of. You still gotta freeze time.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Ad200s or v1 work well in weddings, particularly during the receptions. They won't substitute on camera flash, but they do help fill the room a eliminate some of the fall off you see.

But they work well in conjunction with a speedlight and not in place of. You still gotta freeze time.

thanks breh
adds to cart :blessed:

do you use the x2t transmitter or do you have a better recommendation?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I have the xt2 and the R2. I generally use the xt2 unless I'm using more than two strobes.

But for a wedding I just use the 680ii as the master.

thanks breh
and this is why i love the coli
any softbox recommendations?

tenor.gif

richtree

Top Shotta, None Hotta!
Daps
Reppin
At the top.
is the ad200 pro worth the extra amount? :lupe:
Depends on how many people you think you might shoot with it.
Think its only $150 more or so for the pro?
Ball out breh!
Also for softbox, I picked up a godox 31" softbox ..I think it was like $90 for it i'll try to get the model name in a bit.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Depends on how many people you think you might shoot with it.
Think its only $150 more or so for the pro?
Ball out breh!
Also for softbox, I picked up a godox 31" softbox ..I think it was like $90 for it i'll try to get the model name in a bit.

thanks breh and yeah just about 125-150 more :obama:

Where'd you buy the softbox ?